“A typical Marriott”

Long Beach Marriott
Ranked #17 of 58 Hotels in Long Beach
Reviewed November 1, 2012

A typical Marriott Hotel; nice clean rooms, a very nice breakfast buffet. The only "problems" were no gift shop, and limited parking late at night. No restaurants nearby so if you don't want to eat in the hotel a car is a necessity.

Room Tip: Use your GPS, not the easiest location to find if unfamiliar with the area.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo

Reviewed October 12, 2012

the only con that might have is the surrounding area is pretty much empty of attracktions or restaurants except the one in the hotel, the rooms are a little simple for jw marriott standars but very comfy, defintly a good night rest if you need to work around the area but is far from downtown or anaheim.

Reviewed October 3, 2012

Really enjoyed our stay here.  It's so convenient to the 405 freeway, the airport and everything fun in Long Beach.

Our room (on the 6th floor) was spacious, very clean and the bed was super comfortable.  Nice amenities too.

My husband and I dined with another couple in Phil's Steak House.  The food and service was excellent.   We also ate breakfast and had an early dinners in the Cafe.  Every meal we had was good to excellent.  Menu prices for both restaurants seem average.  Which is a good thing considering the convenience of having two nice places to eat on site.
(BTW:  The breakfast buffet on Sunday was excellent!   They offer an omelette and waffle  bar.  Lots of fresh fruit, even creamy hot oatmeal.
What's not to like!)

Having a Starbucks right in the lobby is an added plus!

Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 28, 2012

Very clean, quiet, efficient stay on business recently. Very close (5 minutes) to the airport and large rooms with flat screen television, free wifi, and super comfortable beds. If you can get a special at this hotel, well worth staying here. Also, within a 10-15 minute drive to the popular Belmont Shore and downtown areas. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 23, 2012

We have stayed at numerous Marriott hotels and chose the one in Long Beach to attend a funeral nearby. The check-in was easy with the staff friendly as always. The room was as expected: extremely clean and comfortable, two beds (with extra soft pillows), single-serve coffee maker, ironing board and iron in the closet, and free wi-fi. In addition, the lobby was nice, an outdoo and indoor pool, and bigger than average fitness center. This hotel was a great value for the money and we highly recommend it.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 12, 2012

My stay was from Friday thru Sunday in room 202 in July 2012. It faces the front of the building, overlooks the parking lot, is a good distance from the elevators and is the last room at the end of the hall. The room had two beds, was clean and looks very much like it does in photos. The TV is a bit tricky to figure out how to get it to come on and how to get to the channels; a bit more difficulty than I’d like for a hotel TV but nothing to have a big issue over.

I have no serious complaints about this hotel, but there are two things that bothered me. First; the sink that you use to wash your hands once you exit the bathroom, the water does not get hot. I let it run for at least 5 minutes and still no hot water and not even warm water. I find that to be extremely unsanitary. However, at least the shower water gets hot. The second thing that bothered me is that they charge you for the in-room coffee that you make in the mini coffee maker that’s provided in the room. I’m not used to hotels charging for the coffee you make in your room. Furthermore, the sign is not very obvious in stating that they charge you for it; it’s just some words typed on a very small label they’ve adhered near the bottom area of the coffee and tea section on your desk; it is very easily missed and I did not see it until it was too late. I’m disappointed that they choose to charge you for in-room coffee, no other hotels that I usually stay in do this at all, so I found it to be very petty to discreetly nickel and dime their customers in this way.

I didn’t get a chance to experience the pool and other amenities this hotel has to offer, but the pool area appeared to be nice from what I could see by viewing it through the glass wall as I walked through the lobby. There’s a very small little coffee booth in the lobby area that also sells alcohol, water, sodas, muffins, etc.

I didn’t notice much noise coming from the airplanes. My first day there in my room, I did hear a somewhat loud brisk noise and wondered what it was, but then I remembered I was near the airport and realized that it was probably just an airplane going by. That being said, I think it’s a positive aspect that I actually forgot I was staying at an airport hotel because that means I wasn’t bothered by much airplane noise.

I’m not used to Marriott hotels so I’m unsure if they’re usually better than this, but I would stay here again; however, only if I can get a good rate again. I would not pay the $180 per night that I see they charge people on average in the summer, nor the average $160 rate in the fall.

Nothing about this hotel stood out to me. In my opinion, this is just an average hotel offering average things and charging you when you use the coffee in your room, but it’s clean and the staff is decent so if I’m able to get a good rate then I’d return.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Ahnicka
Reviewed September 9, 2012

I say at Marriots a lot, this year over 120 nights, so I would say I know what I am talking about.... This hotels staff is friendly and helpful, the food is good and the beds are excellent... Now with that say the past few stays I have notices the carpets in the rooms are dirty to well stained and I cannot understand why they let it get that way,,,, also beware of the whistling toilets my last say I was woken up 3 times and by the noise from another room,,,I was never asked if I wanted to change my room and after the 3rd time at 4 am I was not happy when I was told by the staff this happens ALL the time.... Maybe Marriott needs to send a secret shopper of their in house team to review the management here..

Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo