“Easy location for exploring LA basin”

Long Beach Marriott
Ranked #16 of 55 Hotels in Long Beach
San Francisco, California
“Easy location for exploring LA basin”
Reviewed August 25, 2012

Picked this hotel specifically for free parking and internet. Internet is slow but works. Faster speeds due cost more. Starbucks in hotel, nice. Easy to get to all points from here as you have the 405, 605 and 22 freeways nearby. Reunion in Seal Beach made this no brainer. Would have stayed near Pine street at other 4 star hotels but the extra charges were just rediculous.
Nice pool, room was a bit dirty when we checked in but overall good experience. I would recommend to friends, family.

Room Tip: Good breakfast down the street at Sunny's cafe on Lakewood and Carson st.. Flamenco at Alegrias...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank cd D

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
  • Turkish first
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed August 8, 2012

Typical Marriott hotel, Great service, great food, reasonably priced. This is always my hotel of choice when I visit Long Beach. Short drive to the beach, rarely have to deal with typical leisure travelers. I love this hotel!

Room Tip: I love the airport views personally, very quiet!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Robert S
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed August 6, 2012

This Marriott is great if you need to be near the Long Beach airport. Stayed here one night on business. I was worried there may be sound from the airport, but while my window looked out toward the airport, it was very quiet -- I couldn't hear a thing. Keep in mind it is still a bit of a drive to the shoreline, though (took me about 20 minutes). The service, amenities, lobby, restaurant, etc. were all up to the high standards I'd expect from a Marriott. Dinner in the hotel restaurant was very good, and the Starbucks in the lobby has a few good pastries if you are like me and just look for a simple breakfast. I will book here again on my next business trip to Long Beach, but if I come for pleasure I would find someplace closer to the shore or other attractions.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Phoenix, AZ
Reviewed August 5, 2012

After having stayed at the Residence Inn around the corner for a number of years, the Marriott finally dropped its rates and matched the Residence Inn. The Residence Inn was getting a bit dated, so I tried this Marriott.

Since I travel to Long Beach for business a few times a year, this property is nice enough, that making the switch from the Residence Inn is an easy decision. They have an airport shuttle, but, it is an easy 10-15 minute walk (from FSI) if you want to skip the shuttle and get a little exercise after being stuck in the sim all day.

Descent restaurants on property, or if you walk about 10 minutes north, there are some mom and pop restaurants that are OK too. I can make this trip without bothering with a rental car, everything is that close. Just wish the beach was closer ... or the shuttle ran to the beach!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Upper Saddle River, New Jersey
Reviewed August 3, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for one brief night after arriving at the airport. The staff could not have been nicer! We checked in late - but being on East Coast time, we were hungry. The staff rushed our room service order and, as a bonus, the food was pretty good! Overall, it was a brief but pleasant stay.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed July 29, 2012

Stayed one night, last night, and everything went very well. Staff was great, room was fine, bed super comfortable and dinner in the restaurant/room service breakfast were very good. It's not a super high end Marriott but has everything you would need, including Starbucks, the price of the room was reasonable, we enjoyed the pool, we couldn't hear the airplanes landing/taking off while in the room (and our room faced the runway) and I would definitely stay again. The movies on demand are a bit expensive but what can you do? I hate valet parking and really love that they have free self parking and there's plenty of it in the front and back.

Room Tip: Our room faced the runway and believe it or not, we couldn't hear the planes taking off or landi...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank DesHope
St. George, Utah
Reviewed July 21, 2012

When we first arrived at the hotel I was very wary about how the noise was going to be since you can look out and see the runway! You enter into a beautiful lobby with views of the pool. The staff is very friendly and helpful for all of your needs. We had a room on the 6th floor that looked over the beautiful pool grounds and airstrip. I really didn't realize how much noise was being blocked by the windows until I opened them. I was amazed that we hadn't heard one single airplane until I opened the windows. The Conceirge was very helpful and quick with all of our requests. Beds are FABULOUS!!

We were with another couple that were facing the parking side and had NO idea how close we were to the airport since they drove in. They were shocked when we were at the pool and they heard the planes since they had been there an entire day/night and had not heard one airplane.

The lobby has a Starbucks which is always a plus! Wi Fi was fast and smooth, no problems.

The location is great too! You aren't stuck in a busy city, but you are only minutes from shopping, restaurants and freeway.

I would gladly recommend this to anybody.

Room Tip: Don't be afraid to ask for a room with a pool view. Even though you are looking at the airport...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple