“Tied for my favorite restaurant”
Review of La Creperie Cafe

La Creperie Cafe
Ranked #82 of 1,133 Restaurants in Long Beach
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Outdoor Seating
Reviewed April 29, 2013

The food is unbelievably delicious, for dinner or for breakfast. The decor is beautiful and gives the restaurant a really fun yet fancy atmosphere.

Reviewed February 19, 2013

I thought this was an okay crepe place. The waiter was very nice and service was quick but the crepes were average to good. There were several crepes to choose from, many crepe entrees and desserts. The French Onion soup came in a healthy portion and was rich and tasty. There was no wait to get in. If you're in the mood for crepes and happen to be in this area of town, you might want to check this place out.

Reviewed February 2, 2013

First time here, although met with friends who frequent this restaurant on a regular basis. Nice atmosphere. Seated close to reservation time, despite a busy Saturday evening. I had a rib eye steak that was tender and tasty. Served with sauteed veggies and mashed potatoes. Generous portions. Appetizer of mussels was good, not great. Service was prompt and attentive. Not rushed to leave table after finishing. Jazz ensemble set up around 9 pm but did not overwhelm the restaurant with noise. Good place for lively chatter.

1  Thank 49skeeter49
Reviewed January 19, 2013

This was a good find. We are not from the area and we decided to stop on the go. Food was delicious and the atmosphere was very friendly. We were there for bunch. Highly raccomended

Reviewed January 14, 2013

I know many crepe establishments in Los Angeles county do not make authentic french crepes; yet I decided to try this place and give it the benefit of the doubt... By the way, we stop here to eat dessert and not a main dish but this restaurant offers anything from breakfast, lunch, to dinner; therefore, feel free to stop an ordered as you wish.

To begin with, I must admit and confirm that customer service was great! Our waiter was very professional, courteous, and patient. He suggested napoleon and martinique crepes, which to my surprise were very good; although, they were not original french crepes. It seems these american crepes are made with a different dough compared to french crepes, but they were very good too.

The napoleon crepe comes with fresh strawberries, and vanilla creme brulee custard, and a caramelized crust. Now, the martinique crepe; was delicious... I love banana foster, and this crepe dish was as if I was eating banana foster with a crepe. This crepes are served with flambeed bananas and rum, brown sugar, warm crepe, and vanilla ice cream.

The price for each of these dishes is $8.95. We ordered 2 cafe au lait; they were ok but not delicious.

Overall, I enjoyed my crepe and the customer service was super! I will indeed go back and try some of their savory dishes.