You should only stay in this hotel if you are a masochist.
The hotel is in a sketchy area, so make sure you are home before dark.
The inside of the hotel is dark and dingy and looks and feels like a prison. The rooms have the same feel and are poorly maintained.
The staff is extremely rude. Once I asked if I could have a little extra time for check-out. The guy was rude about it and told me no. I then went the next day to see if anything had changed, and the guy (a different rude person) told me that he knew that I was trying to get early checkout from the previous front desk guy, and that he also wasn't going to accommodate me.
He was acting as if he caught me trying to trick him or something. No apologies, nothing, just rudeness and the feeling like I'm bothering them and trying to pull one over on them.
One suggestion would be, if you have a cruddy hotel like this one, the least you could do is make the experience more tolerable by having front desk staff that has some idea of customer service and politeness...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stay with us in comfort and convenience deep in the heart of world-renowned Long Beach, California. With majestic beaches already within walking distance, we're conveniently located just minutes from Catalina Island, Los Angeles and a wide assortment of activities, attractions, golf, shopping and vibrant nightlife. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Odigeo and Priceline so you can book your Long Beach Convention Center Travelodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Long Beach Convention Center Travelodge Hotel Long Beach
- Long Beach Hotel Travelodge
- Travel Lodge Long Beach
- Travelodge Long Beach
- Long Beach Travelodge
- Long Beach Travel Lodge