“Another "You get what you pay for" Motel”

Long Beach Convention Center Travelodge
Ranked #35 of 55 Hotels in Long Beach
Chanhassen
“Another "You get what you pay for" Motel”
Reviewed March 22, 2013

I stayed here attending a convention and like others reviewers indicated it is a 10 block walk to the Convention Center. So you will have to cab over if you have lots to carry. Hotel is cinder block with all the doors facing out into the parking lot. It seems there are longer term patrons, and many of them are comfortable keeping their doors open and lounging on the outer walkways that serve as their "patios". Room was tired, but clean. The bed was comfortable and there was a choice of pillow styles. In room fridge is nice, but there is no desk only a table and two chairs. The phone was under the TV vs. being next to the bed. So this is an awkward room arrangement for business travelers. The lone desk person is always locked into the tiny lobby, so you get a few for their safety concerns. However the neighborhood feels safe.

Room Tip: First floor rooms will have cars parked in front, all rooms face parking lot and street.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Reviewed January 20, 2013

We stayed here one night prior to departing on a cruise. We were with 3 other couples and they all felt the same as us about the rooms. We initially checked into our room and went to freshen up after our flight, the rooms were old, run down and dirty. We noticed that the soap in the bath tub was used from the previous guests-initially we laughed about it as we'll as noticed a big bugger on the wall above the toilet paper. As we were going to dinner one of our other couples stated there bathroom was buggery also this made for another good laugh but that was the last of the fun. After returning from shopping and dinner, we turned the bed down and checked the sheets- here we found used toilet paper on the sheets. This confirmed my suspicion that the room had not been thoroughly cleaned. The gentle man at the front desk did apologize and moved us to a different room but my mind was not as ease. The other couples traveling with us had backed up toilet/sink that never did get resolved, non working internet in the room, as we were leaving on our shuttle one room key would not work and the staff could not get the door open. The pool is disgusting at best and looks like it may be a bath for the homeless that roam the area. If your looking for this kind of adventure then this is the place to stay-I have stayed at worse places only because I was too young to voice my opinion and my dad was on a very tight budget. I would not recommend this place, especially if you have children.

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank Cruzin2013
travelodgelongbeach, Webmaster at Long Beach Convention Center Travelodge, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Long Beach Convention Center Travelodge for your recent stay in our area.

• Maintenance was informed of the Soap in the bathroom of the room assigned to you and instructed to see to it that the soap are well stocked before assigning the room to our valued guests.

• Maintenance was informed of the problem you experienced with the toilet/sink, Internet connection and the pool in and instructed to see to its repair or replacement.

I hope that the next time you visit our area; you will once again choose to stay at Long Beach Convention Center Travelodge. I think you will be greatly pleased. We shall look forward to welcoming you back.

Hotel Manager.

Travelers are raving about these Long Beach hotels

Virginia City
Reviewed January 16, 2013

Ok, should have known as other reviewers said; this 'motel' is not that close to the Convention Center. Bad back, had a hard time walking so ended up cabbing to and from Convention Center and dinner appointments. Building is cinder block, room very clean and lobby staff indifferent. What I did like, the very nice maid knocked on my door shorltly after check in asked if the room was okay. Large Sony flat screen great but hardly any choice of stations. Attached restuarant, Galeanas Grill, don't bother! And like other reviewers, lloved that a huge Vons grocery store is one block away. Will not stay again, bought my package on Hotwire, plane, hotel and airport tranfers. For just a bit more I could have stayed at a much nicer hotel.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
New Jersey
Reviewed January 16, 2013

My stay was brief but without any Drama. Check in was a breeze and the Front Desk Staff was very friendly and efficient. The Rooms had a nice large flat screen TV which worked well. The hotel had a Von's Full Grocery Store next door. The Rooms were spotless and cleaned very well and I give the cleaning crew 5 Stars. The Beds were very comfortable. The surrounding area while not the Best Neighborhood I experienced no problems but did not stray to far away from the Room at night. As in other reviews for this Hotel the Hallways do echo somewhat but I am a sound sleeper and not a big distraction. I did not try the Restaurant. Wifi worked great no problem. Parking is free and my Auto was not disturbed during my Stay. For the Business Traveler on a Budget this Hotel would be perfect!

• Stayed January 2013
panama
Reviewed January 9, 2013 via mobile

Travel lodge is close to the convention center you can walk and this is a plus if you want to avoid parking problems and fees. I found the location so good it is close to the beach and the pacific coast highway.
The room was clean with a small fridge , a coffee maker and 32" lcd tv. Everything is ok for the rate you are paying.
The only thing that was a problem was the wifi it was super slow and hard to connect, but there is a starbucks just around the corner if you need to use internet

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Mexico City, Mexico
Reviewed November 19, 2012

This travelodge is not as close as I thought to the Convention Center but it's ok, the room was clean and in general the staff was helpful. The bed however was too soft, after three nights my back was hurting. The small refrigerator in the room was very useful to have cold drinks ready any time.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank pattdf
travelodgelongbeach, Webmaster at Long Beach Convention Center Travelodge, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review, it is greatly appreciated. Thanks for the nice comment and I am glad that you found our room clean and staff very friendly.

Hotel Manager.