“family mini vac”

Ranked #12 of 58 Hotels in Long Beach
Ontario, California
“family mini vac”
Reviewed February 28, 2014

this was a 3 day weekend for us, being that i have a 6 yr old daughter that has autism, my husband and i dont get out much so i was a lilttle worried about doing this, to my suprise it went great! from the receptionist cassie avila, getting us checked in, to room service & the view was amazing, my daughter could not keep away from that window (which was very much secure) especially at night, check out time was a a lil sad which only means we will be returning, cant wait to go back ;)

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank George Y
Guy F, General Manager at Residence Inn Long Beach Downtown, responded to this review, March 31, 2014
I'm so pleased to read your review about the stay you recently had at our hotel here in Long Beach.

Can't wait to welcome you back!
Guy

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (136)
  • Korean first
La Puente, California
Reviewed February 27, 2014

Me and my family stayd here valentine's weekend n it was the best experience it started when we walkd in we were helpd by cassie n she was awsome she was a huge helpd n gave us so much information on places to go n things to do it was our first time stayin in long beach but we had a blast we were so happy with our room we didnt want to leave cant wait to plan our next get away cuz we are coming back :) !!!!!!

• Stayed February 2014
3 Thank yvonneelaine
Guy F, General Manager at Residence Inn Long Beach Downtown, responded to this review, April 14, 2014
Hello,
Thank you for your comments. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay. The staff was so happy when I shared this with them, thank you for acknowledging our friendly and helpful associates. Here at the Residence Inn Downtown Long Beach we strive to exceed all expectations. I do hope we have the pleasure of accommodating you again in the future.
Porter Ranch
Reviewed February 24, 2014

Stayed in this hotel overnight after attending a business meeting in the morning and taking a brief tour of the Aquarium of the Pacific in the afternoon.
It is located "off the beaten path" so to speak, far from the madding crowd.
There is no restaurant in the hotel but there is a "mini grocery" section located near the front desk, stacked with various beverages, beer, wine, chips and candies. Food can be delivered to the hotel after an hour's wait through labite.com. The room where we were billeted had a fair sized bed and a pull up sofa bed. the little kitchen is provided with a two burner convection stove, microwave, basic kitchen utensil, punctuated by a big ref.
The 32" TV with an HD HBO channel was a welcome amenity.
Overall, it was a pleasant, comfortable, and restful stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the harbor.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed February 20, 2014

My husband, two daughters (ages 4 and 5) stayed at this hotel one night this past weekend and had a great time.

Pros:
• Waterfront with great views of the Queen Mary, lighthouse, Long Beach Aquarium, and marina.
• Fairly new property (5 years old) so everything is pretty clean, modern look, nice lobby to lounge at with TV's, pool is facing the nice views, rooms are cozy and cute with a small kitchenette (which includes a fridge, stove, microwave, coffee maker, glassware, silverware)
• Free Wi-fi
• Free breakfast
• Free shuttle service to Aquarium, Shoreline Village, Pike, etc. pretty much all day until about midnight.

Cons:
• Parking is $17/night
• Sofa Bed is uncomfortable

As you can see, the pros outweighed the cons. My husband wasn't feeling well when we arrived, so I decided to take the shuttle service with my daughters and was dropped off at the Aquarium. We walked along the marina towards Shoreline Village and had ice cream there. There are some really great waterfront restaurants (Yard House, Bubba Gump, etc) as well shops, an arcade with a carousel, etc. We had such a great time. In the morning, we went back to Shoreline Village and had lunch at the Yard House. We thought about renting a boat for an hour but decided not to this time around.

I've lived in Los Angeles my whole life and I'd never spent this much time in Long Beach. I was pleasantly surprised.

Room Tip: High room so that you can enjoy the views.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
San Diego, California
Reviewed February 13, 2014

I stayed for one night while attending a conference at the convention center, which is only a 20 minute walk or 5 minute drive away, just over the bridge. The studio suite I was in had a nice view of the Queen Mary and of parts of downtown, and was generally clean. I really liked the large glass door shower as a very nice touch in the bathroom.
Elite members beware: they're pretty stingy when it comes to upgrades and late checkout, having carefully constructed categories that minimize your upgrade for the former and mostly discouraging the latter. Since I stayed on points, I didn't complain.
Also, their parking situation is terrible. They have such a small lot that they have guests park cars outside of actual spaces- just kind of, in the aisle or next to the planter box. Plus it's pricey and the ticket system they have could use an upgrade.
Otherwise the hotel was very visually appealing, quiet, and nicely located near downtown.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank sudobuntu
Colorado
Reviewed February 3, 2014

This hotel is great for business. Like an office chair, its practical and modern design is meant to help you get through a long week. Modern lobby, clean rooms, outfitted kitchens, and firm beds. TheMysteryTraveler provides an accurate and comprehensive review on this property - so I will avoid the boring recap. However, I would like to note the excellent staff. One person works the front, but they provide highly professional service that rivals a concierge desk. This person equipped us directions to business meetings, recommendations for travel and dining, and assisted us with making copies/scans.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Guy F, General Manager at Residence Inn Long Beach Downtown, responded to this review, February 4, 2014
Thank you for taking time to write about your recent stay at the Residence Inn Long Beach. We hope that your travel will bring you back to our area soon.

Best regards.
Reviewed January 26, 2014 via mobile

I typically choose the Hilton brand hotels when I travel but the location and rate for this hotel could not be beat. The good:

Hotel is located along the waterway and only a fifteen minute walk to the Queen Mary.
The free bus (Passport) stops right alongside the hotel and will take you to the aquarium and downtown at no cost. I used it twice and it was safe and very clean.
The breakfast was outstanding. Super selection and great quality for a free breakfast.
Staff was responsive to my needs.
Room was extremely quiet - I never once heard any noise.
Elevators were very fast.
Front desk staff were super friendly and helpful.
Awesome TVs - one in the sitting area and a second in the bedroom.
Very useful and well-appointed full kitchen.
iPod/iPhone alarm clock.
Bed was very comfortable.

Room for improvement:
Attention to detail in the room. The windows were very dirty, a lampshade was partially crushed but still on the lamp, loose handles on a few cupboards, bent towel rack.
The room did not smell fresh and clean - it had a rather stale, strange smell. The first room I was assigned to smelled very strange so I requested a room change. The second room was better but still not what I would expect.
HVAC system would periodically become noisy.

Overall, a good stay - will return if I am in Long Beach again.

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business