“Great place to ring in the New Year”

Residence Inn Long Beach Downtown
Ranked #12 of 55 Hotels in Long Beach
phoenix,arizona
“Great place to ring in the New Year”
Reviewed January 3, 2014

First, I would like to say we had a little trouble when checking in but Chris at the front desk was very courteous, responsive and helpful with our situation and ultimately resolved the problem. The rooms were very clean from beginning to the end and we never had a problem with anything on our 3 day stay. Beds were comfortable. Rooms are very spacious and well stocked with pans, dishes, cups, plates everything that made our stay convenient. It was really nice to have any dishes washed by the housekeeping while we were out and to come back to a fresh clean room everyday. Breakfast was very delicious hot and fresh everyday. More variety of fruit would be appreciated. We had an amazing view of the Queen Mary which we got to see the fireworks on New Years Eve from our room as well as some at 9 pm from the Rainbow Village area. Universal is only 35-60 minutes away depending on traffic which we went to. The walk way in front of the hotel leads all the way to Queen Mary and there is a grassy area that you can have lunch at or just view the boats and ships. The pool has an amazing view overlooking the ocean and it was heated (it was lukewarm). Great view at night. There is a separate fireplace area that I would have like to use but it didn't light up. Overall this was an amazing place to stay for our Anniversary and would definitely love to come back again. Maybe even sooner :)

Room Tip: Try to get a room facing Queen Mary the view of the lights are beautiful at night.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank ronniegirl55
Guy F, General Manager at Residence Inn Long Beach Downtown, responded to this review, January 27, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about our Hotel. We apprecate the fact you tried us out and enjoyed your stay with us. Please let me know if I can assist you with your travel plans in the future, hope to see you next year for New Years if not before.

All my best.
Guy Fremlin

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (134)
  • Korean first
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed December 28, 2013

We hit the jackpot: huge one bedroom unit with full kitchen on the 8th floor, with large windows overlooking the Queen Elizabeth, the port, the Shoreline Village. Fifteen-minute walk to aquarium, Shoreline Village and its many restaurants, and downtown. Chair and sofabed in room were backbreaking but otherwise, the recently renovated room was well equipped. Outstanding breakfast. Free evening snack included lukewarm burgers, regular and vege, hot dogs, condiments, beer and wine. Hotel seems isolated but it actually adds to its charm, especially since its a reasonable walk or very short drive to all the action.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank sycha
Guy F, General Manager at Residence Inn Long Beach Downtown, responded to this review, August 7, 2014
So happy to read your note about our hotel! Nothing feels better than reading a review that is titled "WOW"

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience here.

Guy
Seattle
Reviewed December 27, 2013

Staying right now, 1st room we were given had not been cleaned & had someone elses unmade bed & towels, 2nd room had a smoker previous to us. Asked for pool towels, waited & waited for them until my husband went to get our regular towels from our room. Hoping it will improve..

• Stayed December 2013
2 Thank RALSeattle
I want to thank you for writing about your recent stay with us. After reading about your experience its obvious that we failed to meet your expectations as it pertains to service. I assure that I take your issues seriously and will get with all of the appropriate staff members to resolve these issues. It is through feedback such as yours that we continually improve.

Best regards.
Marcy, New York
Reviewed December 6, 2013

The place was in a little island next to the MAYAN hotel and the Maria shipp. I tagged along with my husband and our 6mnth old and I was very happy to stay there. The employees were nice and the rooms were great. The breakfast was awesome and the pool was sweet except that the building covers the sun when you want to sun bathe. But all in all it was great to stay in with a baby. The kitchen is always useful for cleaning bottles and other items.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
San Francisco, CA
Reviewed December 4, 2013

My family and I stayed here one night prior to catching a cruise ship. This hotel is perfectly located to the Carnival Cruise Ship Pier. The staff was very friendly and helpful, the rooms feel roomy and are very comfortable. The bed was extremely comfortable. There is a lovely walking path along the water. You are close to the Queen Mary ship and you can see it from some of the hotel rooms. Just over the bridge is downtown Long Beach which is wonderful. We really enjoyed our stay and would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Miami, Florida
Reviewed December 3, 2013

This hotel is terrific. Its location to beaches, business areas,restaurants,shopping,etc. is very convenient. The suite was spacious and very nice with a incredible view. The service from the staff was excellent. This hotel truly exceeds the high Marriott standards. I will be looking forward to another visit.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Samuel K
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed November 21, 2013

This was our first stay at this hotel and I had great expectation because is a Marriott brand and I really believe that they have nice properties and offer great service.
But it wasn t the case.The girl from the front desk seemed to be new ,having not to much knowlege about the area , nor the hotel's operating system , as she needed help from another colleague for every question or situation she has had from the hotel's guests ( I know that because I had a lenghty check- in and stayed for quite a while there).Then finally she assigned me the room on 7th floor - I thought this is good ,we going to have a nice view . We took the elevator , we reached the 7th floor , the room was right there ,not to far away , but when I opened the door - surprise ! the room was not been cleaned yet and a strong odour comes out and hits us hard -it was just disgusting .I leave my husband with all the bagagges waiting for me on that floor and I go back to the front desk - tell her that the room is not been cleaned yet ,she looks surprised then she mumbles a apology and gives me a new room , this time on the 3rd floor facing the parking lot with the view blocked by the bridge - I take it because I don t want to spend my day there arguing over a better option - after all I will only stay there one night.
Anyway, the room was spacious and clean , I liked it ,the bed was comfortable and I felt good staying there- except for the view!
Overall - the hotel looks good , nicely decorated , but the carpets on the public area seemed that they were not been cleaned in a long time ( vacuumed) ,the breakfast was good except for the plastic cutlery-I did not liked it .

Room Tip: higher floors - of course !
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Guy F, General Manager at Residence Inn Long Beach Downtown, responded to this review, December 18, 2013
I want to thank you for writing about your recent stay with us. After reading about your experience its obvious that we failed to meet your expectations as it pertains to service. I assure that i take your issues seriously and will get with all of the appropriate staff members to resolve these issues.

Best regards,