“Great location for a conference”

Renaissance Long Beach Hotel
Ranked #7 of 58 Hotels in Long Beach
Reviewed August 1, 2014

Attended a conference here last week and it was fantastic.

First tip - if you can fly into Long Beach instead of LAX, do so... It took me 90 mins to get from LAX to the hotel arriving at 430pm

The hotel is located directly across the street from the convention center and has a board-way like walkway that you can take to get to the long beach harbor where there are multiple restaurants and entertainment spots.

The on site conference amenities were great and the service from the staff was fantastic. There are multiple rooms with multiple setup variations that I would imagine could accommodate any size of gathering.

I will say that I was surprised by my room a little bit in that it was underwhelming after being in such a nice lobby and nice conference center. There was nothing wrong with the room, but it seemed to be enough to get buy. I had a room viewing a parking lot, and I will tell you, if you can, request a room that faces the harbor. I do not know if this is all king rooms vs two double rooms, but as you walked down the hall you could see that the king rooms all seemed to be facing the harbor and the rooms on the harbor side seemed to be more spacious.

The president of the conference I was attending held the presidential suite on the 12th floor and it was grand. I spent a few evenings up there and the room itself is great for entertaining and the view of the harbor from the 12th floor is pretty good.

There is a great pool set up on the 3 or 4 floor that provided a great place to relax.

Room Tip: High floor facing the harbor
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank jjcoop
There are newer reviews for Renaissance Long Beach Hotel

Reviewed July 28, 2014 via mobile

I stay at this hotel on numerous occasions and must say every time I do stay it is just as perfect as the last.
The rooms are a very nice size, always clean, modern looking (recently refurbished).
Staff at the hotel are very friendly, even the receptionist's :)
Ideal location for eating out, sightseeing, bars and clubs.
Close too the tram's .
Would recommend this hotel whenever you are in the location.

Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed July 22, 2014

Stayed here in June. Perfect location to walk to the Convention Center, Wharf and nearby restaurants. Hotel is clean. Nice workout room and pool. Starbucks and hotel restaurant available on site. Staff are all nice and accommodating.
Only issue was daily housekeeping was done late in day. If you are out all day and arrive back by four or five, don't expect to walk into a clean room. However, housekeeping will be knocking at your door early on the morning of your departure!!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed July 22, 2014

We cashed in 25,000 Marriott points in order to do an overnight to Long Beach with our kids and chose the Renaissance Long Beach since it was so close to the aquarium.

Big mistake. According to the hotel they were extremely busy that weekend, and boy, did that every show. We had requested early check-in, but they were unable to accommodate the request. No big deal, that didn't bother me so much. What bothered me was the following:

1: We had to leave our bags with the bell hop since we had given our car to the valet. No big deal until we attempted to get the bags back once we were able to check in. It took forever. Not sure where the bell hop had disappeared to, but it most certainly was not at his post where he belonged. My husband and another guest waited about 20 minutes for a bell hop to finally show up.

2: Pool towels? Pool towels? Ummmm...hello...pool towels? Yeah, forget about it. We called twice to have them restock the completely empty pool towel shelves. Never happened. We finally recycled some used towels left around the pool. Gee thanks. Just the kind of experience I wanted when I decided to use reward points. Gross.

This hotel was very underwhelming, and quite frankly the best part was the car valet who brought us our car upon our departure. He was friendly, and helpful. Otherwise this hotel was a total waste. Unfriendly, unorganized, and simply not prepared to be a busy hotel in the midst of downtown Long Beach.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank jkblcpad
Diana H, Manager at Renaissance Long Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2014

Thank you for sharing your experience regarding your stay. We are disappointed by the experience we created and disheartened that we impacted your stay. We do take this feedback seriously and have taken steps to prevent this from recurring. Our sincerest apologies my not ensuring your family had a great stay and thank you for sharing your comments so we can improve.
Regards,

Reviewed July 21, 2014

I went to this hotel for a business trip for a very large aerospace company that has a lot of business in the Long Beach area and was given a room with two double beds. Really, I can't even remember the last time I slept in a double bed. I them asked for something larger since I am 6'2" and they gave me a King Bed. This is great but they didn't tell me it was next to the service elevator that every time it went by it sounded like a plane was flying over. I called the front desk to complain that I could not sleep and all they could do is put me back in a room with two doubles.

No we're sorry, or anything.

Will not be coming back here again and probably will not venture into the Marriott world again either.

On the positive it is a great location.

• Stayed: July 2014

Thank you for sharing your recent experience. We appreciate your feedback and take these comments seriously, so that we can take steps to correct areas where we have fallen short and prevent this experience from recurring. Please accept our sincerest apologies for not being able to correct this during your stay. We do hope that you will give us an opportunity in the future to restore your faith in our hotel and Marriott. Thank you again for sharing your feedback.

Reviewed July 13, 2014

I recently tagged along with my friend for the Agenda trade show in Long Beach. It was my first time staying at the Renaissance Hotel, but my friend had stayed there several times before. The hotel was wonderful. Very friendly staff in every department, but I'd like to single out one group for this review. The valet and bellmen staff here are outstanding. From the time we first drove up, until the time we left, they were perfectly attentive and friendly. They recognized us every time we'd enter or exit the hotel and greet us by name. If we needed our car, they knew which car was ours from memory. When we had questions or needed help they knew the answer off the top of their head. All of this happening while they seemed to be extremely busy. A truly fantastic experience. Kudos Renaissance Long Beach!!!

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed July 13, 2014

We stayed again and loved it again. The view we had was to die for. Each year we try different restaurants on Pine St. they have expensive and economy restaurants, in walking distance. I'm 65 in average shape and we walked everywhere, to the shops on the harbor and with energy left to walk around town. The hotel is also close to the Convention Center, Sports center and more. If you want to go into downtown LA one day, the Tram and Buses are right there. Next year I will bring my computer they have free access near the lobby with plenty of nice chairs and tables. Every one was full of smiles and the staff was great too.

Check out how I have ratted other hotels in other places and you will see I am not just blowing smoke at you. I hope you have a good a time as we did!

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family