Renaissance Long Beach Hotel
$249
$229
Residence Inn
  • Breakfast included
Best Western Of Long Beach(Long Beach)(Great Value!)
$171
BestWestern.com
The Queen Mary(Long Beach)(Great Value!)
$285
$112
  • Room Service
$260
$239
  • Restaurant
Best Western Golden Sails Hotel(Long Beach)(Great Value!)
$129
$236
  • Pool
All reviewsconvention centerrock bottomqueen marythe concierge loungeclub levelpine streetocean blvdwalking distancestreet noiseself parkingdirectly across the streetshoreline villagelobby barthird floorattending a conferencecorner roomroom key
Reviewed September 27, 2013

Hotel was nice and clean and the staff was pleasant. Prime location on Ocean Blvd with easy access to aquarium and other sites. I would stay there again if the price was right. Only complaint was that parking was expensive, but that's probably the case with most hotels in that area.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Ken M
Elaine A, Guest Relations Manager at Renaissance Long Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review us. We are very pleased to hear that you found our hotel clean and our staff pleasant, as well as took advantage of our premium location near various Long Beach attractions. Thank you for your honest feedback about the parking. We hope you will join us again next time your travels bring you to Long Beach!

Reviewed September 27, 2013

My wife and i stayed here for two nights in September 2013 and were very happy with our experience.

After a long 11 hour flight our welcome was warm and friendly, check in very fast and efficient. We got to our room to see a nice view of the harbour and the Queen Mary. The room was tidy, bed was comfortable, although the bottom mattress cover didnt fit that well and due to my impressive wriggling in my sleep i managed to unhook it a couple of times! i noted another reviewer complained about the noise from the bell tower. Maybe we were lucky but i didnt hear it once.

The location cant be faulted i dont think. 10 minute walk to the harbour and all that offers, very near many bars and restaurants there really cannot be any complaints.

Only gripes would be the price of breakfast and there being no complimentary WiFi. but a 1 minute walk across the street you'll find a cafe which serves a good breakfast and offers free wifi so i'd not let it put me off another stay.

1  Thank Keithd001

Thank you for choosing the Renaissance for your recent stay! We are thrilled that you had a warm welcome from our staff, as we take great pride in our guest services! It is also wonderful to hear that you enjoyed your view of the Queen Mary and the location. We appreciate your comments about breakfast and the WiFi. We are always looking for honest feedback from our guests, and will forward on to management. We look forward to the opportunity to serve you again on your next trip to Long Beach!

Reviewed September 26, 2013

The Renaissance Long Beach is situated in downtown Long Beach, there are plenty of restaurants and bars around, and you can walk to the beach and the harbor in 10 minutes.
There is a metro station (blue line) just 3 minutes away, the trains run every 10-15 minutes, and it is a direct service to downtown LA for 1.50 dollar.
The staff were friendly and welcoming. The reception area is spacious and comfortable.
My boyfriend and I initially had a room with twin beds and managed to swap for a room with a king size bed without any problems and with no additional charge.
The room was spacious, so was the bathroom, even though the furniture style wasn't the most modern. You get nice tea and coffee in the room, offered daily free of charge.
The hotel offers a good rate for a taxi ride to LAX airport.
There is an outdoor swimming pool.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Elaine A, Guest Relations Manager at Renaissance Long Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2013

Thank you for your review! We are very happy to hear that our location worked out so well for you, and that you found our staff friendly and welcoming. We hope you will join us again, should your travels bring you back to Long Beach in the future!

Reviewed September 23, 2013

I gave this hotel a 4 star rating because although wifi is free it sucks. I just ended up using my phone hot spot. My boyfriend and I stayed for one night to celebrate my birthday. It would have been a weekend but my mom is sick. At any rate, the room was amazing with a great view, comfy beds and a decent size bathroom. The bell boy knew his information about the area and recommended some spots in which to have some drinks. We started off the night with a couple of drinks from the bar. Pretty good if I do say so myself, vodka and sprite for me while we got ready for dinner. The valet service was quick and friendly and park our car in the front because they knew we were headed out later that evening. Quick check in and friendly service. Can't really complain. Overall great experience. Oh ya, on thing I didn't like was that one of the elevators stopped on us on the 3rd floor when we were checking out the next morning. Maybe the elevator just didn't like us but 3 of us ended up getting out and waiting for another one. The hotel was getting pretty buys because it was flutag weekend. I think staying here again is a great thought. Very close to everything and if not take a taxi.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Elaine A, Guest Relations Manager at Renaissance Long Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2013

Thank you for joining us for your birthday celebration! We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your view as well as our location throughout your stay. It is also wonderful that you received excellent service from our staff, as we take great pride in our personal service. We appreciate your honest feedback on the Internet as well as the elevator issue. Rest assured we will pass your comments along to management to ensure that this does not happen again. We look forward to welcoming you back again in the future!

Reviewed September 23, 2013

We used long Beach Renaissance facilities for our business meeting
I was not really impressed with the hotel. There was a long line at the front desk at 8 o'clock in the morning as the front desk was staffed only with one person. After I complained, she tried to call somebody else to help her , but that somebody else has never materialised. Food provided by the hotel was really subpar. I can attest, that applewood smoked sausages they served, where the worst I've ever had. Cleanliness of some of their plates and cups was very questionable also. Same as friendliness of the catering team. The only bright spot- easy and fast parking.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Nusrat M, General Manager at Renaissance Long Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2013

Dear Jack,
Thank you for the recent stay at my hotel, I am grateful for your feedback posted on TripAdvisor. My sincerest apologies for the few service failures, I find your comments very helpful in creating the needed daily training topics for my staff.

Hope to see you soon back at the hotel so we can show you the improvements.

One again thank you.