“Great service, location”

Ranked #6 of 57 Hotels in Long Beach
Hawaii
“Great service, location”
Reviewed July 2, 2013

The hotel is conveniently located for conventioneers and those looking to experience the activities at the Long Beach waterfront. There are about a dozen interesting restaurants on Pine Street, next to the hotel, sure to satisfy any taste. The in-house restaurant and bar area is unique and hip. Great place to meet for a drink. Rooms with a view of the Queen Mary are best, I guess, but you will get some street noise - not too late, though. Do NOT get a room next to the bank of elevators if you want peace and quiet. We did, but we are used to noise at night. Front desk offered to change our room after I made an off-handed comment about the noise, but we didn't really need to change.

Best is the service attitude of the entire hotel staff. From valet parking (thanks, Silver) to front desk, to room service, everyone goes out of their way to meet, greet, and make sure your needs are met.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Stephanie A, Guest Relations Manager at Renaissance Long Beach Hotel, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
Thank you so much for sharing your experience. It is wonderful to hear that you enjoyed both Sip Lounge as well as the local dining scene. We are also happy that the service you received from our staff exceeded your expectations - A personal service we are all very proud of! We also appreciate your comments regarding the elevators and will pass them along to management. We hope to have the opportunity to serve you again in the future!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (194)
delaware
Reviewed June 25, 2013

We stayed at the. renaissance Long Bech for one night Saturday, June 22. Check in was fast and easy and we were even able to check In about 40 minutes early. The staff was very friendly. You can self-park in the attached garage for $18 or valet for $25. Paying to park always makes me sad but I understand why it's done. We self parked and the only spots left were on the roof of the parking structure. This wouldn't have been a big deal except the elevator does not service that level. Having to carry your luggage down one flight of steps to reach the elevator could be an issue for many people. The second issue occurs after taking the parking elevator to the hotel level. You're dropped off at a area just off the lobby but down several steps. You ow have to carry your luggage up 4-5 steps to be at the lobby. In hindsight I would have unloaded the car when we checked in and before we parked and this could have all been avoided. Upon check in (around 2:20) we were notified that the hotel would be closing for a private event starting at 4:30. The hotel made arrangements with a nearby hotel for the use of their pool. I wish that this had been communicated when I made my reservation. I only booked about a week before my stay and booked through the hotel so it seems it would not have been hard to let me know in advance.
As for the room,it was large (we had a standard king) and there was plenty of room to move around. There was a mini fridge but it was very tiny and didn't hold much. Bed was comfortable, plenty of pillows. We faced the trolley street and didn't really have any noise problems. I called for an extra blanket and one was brought quickly, in fact it was still warm from the dryer. The chair in the room was not comfortable at all and I was looking forward to sitting and reading while looking out the large window. The bathroom was a great size, but the shower head is very low. My boyfriend could not stand under it. Any one over 5'10" would have a problem. The water pressure was great- so great that it hurt it I'd rather have good pressure than no pressure so that was a plus. We also had hot water at all times and plenty of it.
Our stay was just one night and the location was good for where we wanted to go but it wasn't anything spectacular. My boyfriend had the Buffett breakfast and it was over $20 without tip and tax. Since it was a Sunday there were not many options, he said it was good but $20+ for breakfast is pricey.
Last month I stayed at the Hyatt Regency for a convention and I had a remodeled room that was nicer and the price of breakfast lower but the Renaissance won this trip on room price. I'd stay again but go in with lower expectations this time.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Stephanie A, Guest Relations Manager at Renaissance Long Beach Hotel, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience with us, both favorable and unfavorable. Your feedback is a priceless tool in enabling us to maintain and improve our guest experience. We will certainly pass your comments along to upper management. We are very happy to hear that you found our staff friendly and accommodating, and hope to have the opportunity to serve you again in the future!
Santa Clarita
Reviewed June 18, 2013

This trip I found the way to compare a good hotel. How happy are the guest? I expect the staff to be kind & happy, but when the guest themselves are I know I'm in the right place. If you've read my other accounts of hotels you will know I do not hold back from telling the good & bad. This trip I only have good to report. The location can not be beat. Great restaurants in all price ranges within walking distance. Easy access to the Queen Mary, convention center and other places of interest. The rooms are nice. Some have great views. The Renaissance it the place this year 2013!!! I hope you have as good a time as we did.

Room Tip: Ask at the desk for a room with a good view.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Stephanie A, Guest Relations Manager at Renaissance Long Beach Hotel, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
We are thrilled that you enjoyed your experience with us, particularly our location! Thank you for taking the time to review us and we look forward to the opportunity to serve you again next time you are in the area.
Kansas
Reviewed June 14, 2013

My daughter and I had a wonderful time staying in one of the suites at the Renaissance in Long Beach and thoroughly enjoyed the room's balcony and view of the harbor. The staff was terrific and the location couldn't have been better. Parking was sufficient and the offerings in the concierge lounge were excellent. We did use a rollaway bed during our stay and it was not up to the Marriott standards. You could feel the springs and I believe it's time for the hotel to purchase new mattresses for these so guests can sleep comfortably.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Gruver, Texas
Reviewed June 12, 2013

We stayed here July 2012 for the J.O. T&T Nationals. We stayed five nights and thoroughly enjoyed it. I could have spent all day laying by the pool. The view from the elevator was amazing! Great location close to the Harbor, and close to tons of restaurants. The rooms were clean, and the staff was very accommodating. We ate breakfast at the hotel and were astounded by the ridiculous cost of the breakfast buffet for a family of five. We only ate their once and the rest of the time, we ate down the street at an amazing little family owned restaurant with reasonable prices. Was a little disappointed their wasn't a guest laundry in the hotel. Was very thrilled that the L.A. Metro stopped right behind the hotel. We were able to ride the Metro from Aviation LAX to the hotel, which saved us a bundle on a shuttle service ( We were advised not to ride the Metro at night, it goes through some rough neighborhoods). We would definitely stay at this location again, if we ever make it back to Long Beach!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Diana H, Manager at Renaissance Long Beach Hotel, responded to this review, January 23, 2014
Thank you for taking time to share your reservation experience. Please accept our sincerest apologies for not having your reservation in order. We have taken steps to ensure our Hot Wire reservations are properly set to prevent this from recurring. We hope you will give us an opportunity in the future to redeem ourselves. Thank you again for sharing your feedback.
Renaissance Long Beach Hotel
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed June 6, 2013

We spent four nights here on Memorial Day weekend. Our room was clean. We had a view of the ocean, it was a great view! My husband requested a items from housekeeping, Concepcion the head of our floor was very quick and helped us out.

The staff was very kind and helpful. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the ocean.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Customcruises
New York City, New York
Reviewed May 31, 2013

You will love the Renaissance Hotel, located in downtown Long Beach. Besides having an outdoor pool on the 3rd floor, it has probably the nicest workout room I've seen in a hotel. Staff is accomodating, rooms are comfortable and quiet, and we had a magnificent view of Long Beach Harbor, with the Queen Mary! What a sight! Right next to wonderful restaurants, this place is worth it!

Room Tip: ask for a room with a view of Long Beach Harbor, and the Queen Mary!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends