“Lovely Stay!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 57 Hotels in Long Beach
Kansas
“Lovely Stay!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

My daughter and I had a wonderful time staying in one of the suites at the Renaissance in Long Beach and thoroughly enjoyed the room's balcony and view of the harbor. The staff was terrific and the location couldn't have been better. Parking was sufficient and the offerings in the concierge lounge were excellent. We did use a rollaway bed during our stay and it was not up to the Marriott standards. You could feel the springs and I believe it's time for the hotel to purchase new mattresses for these so guests can sleep comfortably.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (165)
Gruver, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

We stayed here July 2012 for the J.O. T&T Nationals. We stayed five nights and thoroughly enjoyed it. I could have spent all day laying by the pool. The view from the elevator was amazing! Great location close to the Harbor, and close to tons of restaurants. The rooms were clean, and the staff was very accommodating. We ate breakfast at the hotel and were astounded by the ridiculous cost of the breakfast buffet for a family of five. We only ate their once and the rest of the time, we ate down the street at an amazing little family owned restaurant with reasonable prices. Was a little disappointed their wasn't a guest laundry in the hotel. Was very thrilled that the L.A. Metro stopped right behind the hotel. We were able to ride the Metro from Aviation LAX to the hotel, which saved us a bundle on a shuttle service ( We were advised not to ride the Metro at night, it goes through some rough neighborhoods). We would definitely stay at this location again, if we ever make it back to Long Beach!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars
Diana H, Manager at Renaissance Long Beach Hotel, responded to this review, January 23, 2014
Thank you for taking time to share your reservation experience. Please accept our sincerest apologies for not having your reservation in order. We have taken steps to ensure our Hot Wire reservations are properly set to prevent this from recurring. We hope you will give us an opportunity in the future to redeem ourselves. Thank you again for sharing your feedback.
Renaissance Long Beach Hotel
Portland, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

We spent four nights here on Memorial Day weekend. Our room was clean. We had a view of the ocean, it was a great view! My husband requested a items from housekeeping, Concepcion the head of our floor was very quick and helped us out.

The staff was very kind and helpful. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the ocean.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Customcruises
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

You will love the Renaissance Hotel, located in downtown Long Beach. Besides having an outdoor pool on the 3rd floor, it has probably the nicest workout room I've seen in a hotel. Staff is accomodating, rooms are comfortable and quiet, and we had a magnificent view of Long Beach Harbor, with the Queen Mary! What a sight! Right next to wonderful restaurants, this place is worth it!

Room Tip: ask for a room with a view of Long Beach Harbor, and the Queen Mary!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank rumproof
Bloomington, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

I stayed at this hotel on business. I felt VERY comfortable with the environment and cleanliness of the hotel. They have good tech support for any WiFi issues you may encounter (the WiFi was good/consistent/fast, but in the end it ended up being a problem w/ my laptop). In any case, I liked the size and lay out of the room. I was thoroughly impressed by the interior design and amenities in the hotel. They have a nice gym, a beautiful lounge area and restaraunt/bar options. I had appetizers and drinks at their bar, "Sip" and was very impressed. The only issue I had was that the meat they served was not as well done as I like, however I am not like most people who are okay with rare or medium rare meat...I like things well done. The lines at the Starbucks are long in the morning, but the breakfast is Fantastic and the servers provide good service. My primary pet pieve w/ this hotel is that EVERY service has an accompanying fee, e.g. the WiFi (VERY overpriced). I enjoyed the WiFi only b/c my company paid for it. In addition, the internet lounge charges an UNGODLY amount to use the desktop computers and it really made my blood boil. The parking is overpriced...don't get me wrong the parking prices match those of the hotels in the area, but I still think it's an obscene amount to pay to park your vehicle.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Scottsdale, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

As I checked out and again had three employees greeting me and asking about my stay, I simply had to acknowledge them and tell them how wonderful the staff had been. Every person was friendly, warm, engaging and attentive. I thought their service was in the top 5 of all hotels we have visited, and that is clearly a long list.

As for the hotel, it was clean and location within a five minute walk to the Pier, shopping all around, and the aquarium. When I asked my breakfast server about discounts at the aquarium, he took it upon himself to find a book that gave us a coupon for saving. Really? That's above and beyond.

The rooms were super clean, and the bathrooms showed no wear. We had connecting rooms and everyone slept well. The gym is large, by hotel standards, and the equipment was excellent, although they are lacking machines, especially for leg work. Plenty of water, towels and fruit.

Food was generally good over the weekend, and we utilized the outside area of Sips to dine and drink in the great weather.

Not going to complain about parking and internet fees; it's just the way it is sometimes.

Overall a great experience and would recommend highly for convention center attendees, or anyone else visiting Long Beach.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
Nusrat M, General Manager at Renaissance Long Beach Hotel, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
Thank you very much for staying at my hotel and I am grateful for your kind comments. I will pass on your feedback to our team.
Looking forward to see you back at the Renaissance Long Beach Hotel.

Best regards.
Hattiesburg,
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel for a conference. Things went well, rooms were nice, but there were a couple of service hiccups. One included the fact that our conference guaranteed us free Internet during our stay. At checkout, the front desk staff acted as if they knew nothing about it and conveniently couldn't get in touch with Management to verify this. Just the day before another front desk staff told me that she had to look it up but saw that indeed we were supposed to get Internet free. She stated it wouldn't be a problem at checkout, but it was! To booth, upon my departure at 5:30am in the morning - the young man at the front desk took so long to check me out that my shuttle left me! . Thank goodness I was able to get a friend to drive me to airport in town to catch my flight. And - shame on SuperShuttle who saw me in lobby waiting to be checked out but left anyway! Sheesh!

• Stayed March 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars
Nusrat M, General Manager at Renaissance Long Beach Hotel, responded to this review, May 20, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for the feedback about your recent stay at my hotel. I sincerely apologize for the service hiccups you experienced related to internet charges and slow check out. I possible can you contact me directly so I can seek more details and resolve your concerns to your satisfaction.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Best regards