“Great location and service” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Renaissance Long Beach Hotel

Renaissance Long Beach Hotel
Ranked #5 of 56 Hotels in Long Beach
Alexandria, Virginia
“Great location and service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2012

I stayed here for a conference, which was directly across the street at the convention center- very convenient. The hotel is beautiful- well cared for, modern, clean, and the staff is excellent. I had a room overlooking the water - great view. Beds were very comfortable, rooms were clean and well maintained. The only meals I ate at the hotel were breakfast, but they were very good. I would definitely stay here again in the future- for business or personal travel.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (184)
Harrison, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2012

Best for business, best room service in town. The balcony rooms are extra but worth it. Starbucks on the first floor. Most convenient self-park on the Boulevard. Most convenient to the Aquarium and the Auditorium. All three of the best restaurants downtown are on Pine two blocks from the Hotel.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank 918PeterT1
India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2012

We stayed in this hotel for four nights.Rooms are big and very clean.Quality of service from front desk to house keeping is impressive. It is located in downtown area with many restaurants around.
Bus terminus and train station is just a one minute walk.This hotel is also located near beach and aquarium of long beach.

Room Tip: Rooms on the fifth floor and above with seaside facing are with better view.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Palmdale, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2012

I have consistently patronized Marriott brands for the excellent level of service they provide, from Fairfield Inn to JW Marriott properties. As a Platinum Premier member, I recognize an excellent value, especially when its combined with the standard of service that business travelier like myself depend upon everyday.
In my experience over the first 36 hours of a two day stay, the Renaissance Long Beach Hotel has failed to manage my expectations. Since checking into the property, I had technical problems with the internet connectivity in the room. I spoke with a Front Desk associate and was told that cusomers who use Apple products (iPhone, iPads) often report issues at the hotel. I phoned technical support from my room and was told they would call back, which never happened. I did, however, call them the next day, to no resolution. The Front Desk sent up someone from engineering, and I was able to intermittenly get a signeal, but that too failed. I again reported it to the Front Desk, and an engineering supervisor was sent up.

At no time did a Renaissance front office manager contact me to ascertain the level of satisfaction with an on-going issue that a Platinum Premier guest had on numerous ocassionas brought to thier attention. I expect more from Marriott and its partners. I spoke to the manager on duty today and indicated my displeasure and indicated that I would be contacting Customer Service at corporate Marriott. In the meantime, the engineering staff finally established a consistent internet connection in the last 12 hours of my stay. Finally, I could get my work done.

In summary, the hotel is perfect for the casual traveler, but for business guests needing service, this is not the property to patronize as the front office is overwhelmed with airline flight attendants who stay here regularly, many tourists and a general malaise in attitude.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Tustin, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2012

My first impression was of worry when I arrived at the Renaissance. But, I soon learned not to judge a book by it's cover.
I drove up to a very small and crowded entrance to the hotel. Valet is $20 and self parking is $16. The first 3 floors of the parking structure is reserved for valet. The structure seemed outdated because it was very tight and not suited for large vehicles (all parking spaces are compact).
The lobby wasn't fancy but it was nice. It's connected to the hotel bar so it had a casual feel. Btw, the bar is great and very popular at night.
I was pleasantly surprised with my room. I got a corner room on a high level, so my view was fantastic. My corner room had a wrap around window facing the beach! My room was large and newly decorated. It included a fridge, desk, 32" flat screen, and two person living area (see pictures I included). Oh, and the two things that I must have in a hotel room were fulfilled, which are a large comfortable bed and strong water pressure in the shower.
Location was awesome. Only two blocks from the beach and restaurants all over the place. I was attending an event at the convention center just across the street. So convenient and value could not have been better in this area.
Didn't have much interaction with staff, but I had very good maid service and bartender was good.
Overall, I would stay here again and would recommend it to tourists.

Room Tip: Choose a corner room facing south. This will give you bigger room with a wrap-around window. Choose...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Batavia, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2012

We had a city view room which was very comfortable, but the ocean view would be wonderful if you were on a high floor. The valet parking was great and check in went smoothly. Wish we would have stayed more than one night. The Convention Center was directly across the street, so if you had business there, this hotel would be perfect. We were in town on vacation, heading to the desert. We had some nice meals in Long Beach, but never ate at the hotel. We did, however, love the Starbucks!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
San Diego, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2012 via mobile

We stay one night before traveling the next day to Catalina island, hotel is in the harbor near all kinds of restaurants- it's located in a " nice central tourist area", very safe, staff will comply with your last minute changes. Our room was on the 10th floor and we asked for a room in a lower lever, we've got 3rd floor,. Except the closer u get to the street level the noisy it will get.

• Stayed July 2012