“Queen Mary”
Review of The Queen Mary

The Queen Mary
Ranked #9 of 58 Hotels in Long Beach
Reviewed January 13, 2014

Nice but a little to pricey in December. I would wait til they have better deals. Otherwise nice and romantic.
The beds are a little hard. Good restaurants. Nice ambiance. Beautiful view. Went and had a massage and facial with a royal bath. Again a little pricey and definitely wouldn't get another royal bath. It's just a bubble bath in a small tub with candles. Don't waste your time. Facial and massage good but over priced. The service every where was good. Went to the chill, sculptures were amazing, I would do it again. Over all we love to go and get away there, it's not to far but far enough to feel like we really got away for a weekend.

Room Tip: Better lighting for women to put their makeup on.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
QM1938, Guest Relations Manager at The Queen Mary, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2014

Linda V -
Thanks for the feedback...what a brilliant idea...a little get away at the QM? LOVE IT.

Glad you enjoyed a nice evening, some meals, a massage and got some good rest...

We hope to see you aboard the ship again real soon!
-The Queen Mary Commodore

Write a ReviewReviews (6,413)

Reviewed January 13, 2014

The service and personal were are just fabulous. I would recommend it to all of my friends and family to at least experience a stay on the boat once and they will probably enjoy it as much as I did. Thanks for a great weekend.

Adriana F -

Thanks for the feedback and the FIVE STARS! We are so thankful you had a wonderful experience.

Please tell your friends and help spread the word: THE QUEEN MARY IS BACK BABY!

Reviewed January 13, 2014

Enjoyed an overnight stay and the Sunday Brunch. Got a good discount on the tours by staying at the hotel. Ate in a couple of the restaurants and to food was very good and very reasonable. Note: Lots of stairs to climb getting around the ship.

MVCA0Traveler -

Thanks for the feedback...so glad you enjoyed the Sunday Brunch! It's my favorite too. Great for holidays and special events. Unlimited Memosas??? I say yes! Delicious food and I am not sure I can prove this, but I think the incredible harp music really helps me stuff more and more food in my belly. I can't prove it, I am not a scientist, but that music - it just makes me want to eat!

Reviewed January 13, 2014

First time staying onboard for Steam punk Symposium. Friendly staff, Starbucks is a welcome addition (yay Latte in the morning!) I think the parking fee is not necessary when people have booked a room onboard,.. enough "Day Trippers" come in the fund that fee. I'm sure the parking lot was paid for long ago when the Queen first arrived in LB and as the lot looks exactly the same as it did in the 70's,,no extra was spent to create "Parking structures " or improvements. Other then the large parking fees, my stay was enjoyable. We will be staying on board again for the next Steam punk Symposium 2015.

Room Tip: If staying on "A" deck get room s to the very front , near the desk or back mid ship , if...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family

Melody W -

Thanks for the feedback and we are so glad you loved your stay aboard the Queen Mary and for you Trip Advisors out there - request the Harbor View - it is a great tip!

In regard to Parking - most hotels charge for parking. . Unfortunately we charge for parking in an effort to continue to improve the upkeep of the Queen Mary herself but also to generate revenue as all other hotels and restaurants do in Long Beach. Our goal though is to make it more affordable for our residents, thus why we have validation in our restaurants and lounges to reduce parking substantially. Our revenues have continued to grow and because of that we have been able to increase the money available to put back in the restoration of the ship for residents and guest alike for many years to come. I apologize if this is a deterrent for you to join us, but know that whatever dollars we do make, we make sure we continue to restore the Queen Mary to her original grandeur which is a significant expense.

Reviewed January 13, 2014

The ship is very run down and the rooms feel very unclean. Not as Lavish as it appears in photos. The room is much larger then a regular stateroom. Very expensive for what it is. The tours were cheesy but somewhat fun. The self guided tour was probably the most informative.

dmikusia -

Thank you for the feedback and we are glad you found your stay interesting. Keep in mind, the ship is over 80 years old and our staff works around the clock to keep the ship - well in ship shape!

Glad you loved the new audio tour - it is fantastic - right?

Reviewed January 13, 2014

It's always a pleasure staying on the Queen Mary. Everything is quite ship-shape, clean and well-run. My biggest problem however, is the lack of soundproofing between cabins/rooms. This is the initial design of the ship, and little can be done about it (I would think). So I now take the precaution of meeting people on either side of my cabin, and making sure they know the situation. But I don't want to let this spoil (and so far it hasn't) the experience. And for Steampunk, that experience is wonderful!

Room Tip: It's a good idea to let the people on either side of your cabin know that there's almost no...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo

Don M -

Believe you me - the pleasure is all ours!

You are absolutely right about the design of the ship...we do offer complementary ear plugs at the front desk for those guests that experience noise issues. That, however, is usually few and far between as the ship has to be extremely busy.

And yes - Steampunk is amazing....so much fun! I love the costumes.

We cannot wait to host you again soon.

-The Queen Commodore

Reviewed January 12, 2014

I love this place for what it is! Its authentic and historical. I discover something new each time I go. While the walls may be thin, it is worth taking a step back in time. Would much rather spend the money at a historical place than a "motel". Staff has always been welcoming.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
QM1938, Guest Relations Manager at The Queen Mary, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2014

Christina C -

You love us and we love you! We are so glad you had an amazing, authentic experience aboard the Queen Mary.