“jan 7th 2014”

Ranked #9 of 55 Hotels in Long Beach
Temecula, California
“jan 7th 2014”
Reviewed January 9, 2014

Staff, facilities are wonderful. The bed was very comfortable and the nostalgic feeling of the room was great. The toilet flush handle was a little bothersome in the dark because it occupied one half of the restroom door opening but caused minimal discomfort.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
QM1938, Guest Relations Manager at The Queen Mary, responded to this review, January 10, 2014
Simon -

Thanks for the feedback. So glad you had a wonderful visit to our ship.

-The Queen Mary Commodore

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,877)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed January 8, 2014

As mentioned before: Keith my tour guide was amazingly cool and super cute: the ship walk tour was so cool and just so creepy. I got to hold the metal rods twice and I got the most interesting sensation on my torso when we concluded our tour in the engine room. I can't say enough how "touched" I was on this last minute birthday getaway for my mom. Great job guys. Cant wait to come back.

Room Tip: B444 def heard some laughter and crying and some creepy drawer noises. Worth the stay and comfy bed.
1 Thank littlevelociraptor
littlevelociraptor -

First of all - LOVED the pun. I love all Puns...like this one: So Glad our Paranormal Ship Walk scared the ship out of you! See what I did there.

So glad you had a wonderful experience. Feel free to log on to our Facebook page and tell your story.

We cannot wait to host you again very soon!
Fallbrook, California
Reviewed January 8, 2014

this was my second stay on the Queen Mary even though its a little run down for a place so expensive I enjoyed it both times. the first time I stayed with my BFF we had a room with two beds it was nice the second time I came on my birthday with my brother we stayed in a mini suite it was very nice but sofa bed not too good. also making the reservations they asked if it was a special occasion I told them It was my birthday they said they would make note of that I thought that meant that they would do a little something for it but no happy birthday or any thing at all I didn't mind but why ask and make a big deal. also I think the tours should be extended until at least 8 or 9pm that way I would have been able to do more before I had to leave all in all I think I may return again

Room Tip: a little run down but nice my only complaint is that at night when I wanted to watch TV nothing on y...
1 Thank Carla M
QM1938, Guest Relations Manager at The Queen Mary, responded to this review, January 9, 2014
Carla M -

Thanks for the feedback and Happy Belated Birthday. Great suggestion on keeping the tours open late - one thing to note - is we do have a ton of tours after dark...log on to our website for more information about that.

We cannot wait to host you and your BFF again soon!
Marina Del Rey, California
Reviewed January 8, 2014

It was fun to be on a ship and peek into the history of the ship. Very friendly service and staff. The rooms could use a little upgrade and more amenities (or just furniture). The food was not very good, and a little overpriced for what you get. Was disappointed when we went to see the Engine Room (which was supposed to be opened from 10-6), and waited a half hour to then finally call the front desk, because there was no one around, and have them say that they "probably" weren't going to open the Engine Room today. Would have been nice to at least post a sign or something to that effect. It's a great piece of history and could really be a fantastic place if a few things were changed.

Room Tip: Not a lot of space to put things. Only one small closet and an accent table and 2 chairs. No drawe...
MarinaGirl2014 -

Thanks for the feedback. The engine room is open 10 -6. We don't have personnel down there if that is what you were looking for in regard to opening. It is kind of a self-guided tour. We appreciate your feelings on the room - we work around the clock to keep this 80-year old ship in well ship shape. We apologize for the inconvenience and we cannot wait to host you again soon.
San Diego, California
Reviewed January 7, 2014

Had a great time on board for the New Year's faux-cruise. The ship needs to be better about providing some seating around the decks though .. beautiful ladies need to take a load of here an there when they are walking around all night on hard surfaces in their heels. The ship is huge and there is a LOT of walking involved to move between event rooms. It was sad to see them having to sit on the floor, or steps, when they could have been having a lovely conversation sitting out on a deck somewhere!

Room Tip: We made reservations late in the game and ended up with a two twin bed room. I was expecting a tiny...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank alexakat
QM1938, Guest Relations Manager at The Queen Mary, responded to this review, January 8, 2014
Alex -

Thanks for the feedback and we are so glad you had a wonderful time. We will look into improving our seating in the future.

And good tip for the ladies!

Cupertino, California
Reviewed January 7, 2014

This rating is based on a king deluxe suite on M deck, facing the dock (port side). The room was comfortable, clean and relatively quiet. Some noise filtered in from the Chill attraction, but that ended by bed time. We got a good night's sleep. You could imagine yourself in the 1950s. The walls were covered with the original wood paneling, and the bathroom fixtures were original. WiFi signal was good. We bought food at Chelsea Chowder House, Promenade Cafe and Midship Marketplace and were pleased with all three. The hotel appealed to our love of history and things maritime, and we explored the vessel thoroughly by ourselves and on tours.
The staff were terrific! They were friendly and customer oriented.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Explorer100
Explorer100 -

We love making memories! That is the Queen Mary way.

Istanbul, Turkey
Reviewed January 7, 2014

Probably one of the best hotel I have ever stayed. I like places with stories and history and this place gave me this feeling. Where you are staying was once world's biggest and fastest ship and it carried from royals to presidents. I saw some people complained about its luxury standards but you should keep in mind that this is not your typical 7stars Dubai hotel you are staying here for experience. If you have chance I totally recommend the lunch in tea room which was a very pleasant and unique experience

Room Tip: On the internet there is a list about the haunted rooms it would be good and unique experience to pi...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Burak_Genc
Burak -

Thanks for the feedback and we are so glad you had a wonderful visit to the Queen Mary. No doubt - we are an experience that you can have no where else.

Glad you loved the tea room.

We cannot wait to host you again very soon!