The Queen Mary
$249
$229
Residence Inn
  • Breakfast included
Best Western Of Long Beach(Long Beach)(Great Value!)
$171
$259
BestWestern.com
  • Breakfast included
Best Western Golden Sails Hotel(Long Beach)(Great Value!)
$129
BestWestern.com
$260
$239
  • Restaurant
$236
Orbitz.com
6,823 results
All reviewsengine roompromenade cafeghost tourself guided tourqueen marystep back in timechelsea chowder housebeautiful shipglory dayswood panelingdark harborart decopiece of historytea roomprincess diana exhibitsir winstonsoriginal features
Reviewed October 29, 2013

We stayed on the Queen Mary at the end of a 7 week holiday across America. We had three rooms booking, including a disabled room. The lady at the check-in moved us down to the disabled room and the other two rooms to as close as she could get them. Which included a free room upgrade.

The rooms are aging, particularly the bathrooms. We had the breakfast buffet which was mildly warm. Those who ordered off the menu had a warm breakfast they were happy with.

Staying on the Queen Mary is something everybody should do for a nice and unique experience.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank cjp1979
QM1938, Guest Relations Manager at The Queen Mary, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2013

cjp1979 -

Thanks for the feedback and we are so thrilled you had a great experience aboard the ship!

"Staying on the Queen Mary is something everybody should do for a nice and unique experience," Loved that comment.

Reviewed October 28, 2013

There is nothing like it. This treasure from the golden age of travel is still afloat. You can stay in a deluxe cabin for a bargain. The air controls work well, as does the TV. There is a fitness center (cost of $9.95 per day added as facilities fee to your bill). There is a wonderful Observation Bar with outside deck, and a Sunday brunch in the old grand salon. There are a variety of tours to view the art work, or you can opt for several ghost tours. If you believe in this kind of thing...then the ship's haunted. James, another treasure of the Queen, is a guide par excellance. He delivers his lines in measured precision. Ask him anything; he's got it all in his mind. But the real reason to stay on the Queen is the elegance of the Art Deco decor. There must be 30 kinds of rare woods in inlaid designs. Fantastic!

Room Tip: Try Expedia for even better values, and you could snag a deluxe cabin with outside porthole for as low as $113.95 per night on a weekday.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo

Stuart K -

Couldn't agree with you more. Thank you for the feedback and we are THRILLED you had such an amazing experience aboard the ship....We love James. He is an absolute delight.

Reviewed October 27, 2013

I recently was in California and had tickets that was purchased online 2 weeks prior to my scheduled tours of the Haunted Encounters Pass. My guest and I were to be there Friday, October 18th. The first tour was to be at 4 pm for the hour tour and the 2nd tour, which was a half hour tour, at 8 pm. We arrived early to see other things on the ship. I had made arrangements to meet a family member who lives in the area there for dinner in between the tours. When we arrived the girl at the desk rudely said "Oh no,no,no you will be attending the half hour tour at 3 pm and the hour tour at 4 pm. The ship closes at 5 pm for the special Halloween event." Now, I'm stuck with my plans down the [--] and I can't even get my money back! I guess it's a good thing we showed up early. So we went ahead and did the tours. The half hour tour was a joke. It was ridiculous and very hokey. The hour tour was better and much more interesting. Now, if anybody wants to take a chance of their plans not meaning a damn, than by all means, go ahead and take the chance on seeing the Queen Mary.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank IndianaJaybird

IndianaJaybird -

Thanks for the feedback and we are disappointed you were not 100 percent pleased with your visit. We have all of the times of our tours posted on our website. During the month of October - we host Dark Harbor and as a result - we do change some of the times of our tours.

Sounds like you still had a really awesome time despite this one change.

Reviewed October 27, 2013

I was seeing freinds off to China and was looking for a hotel near Long Beach. The Queen Mary had rooms at 50% off the night i was staying. I have stayed on the Queen Mary before and had a beauitful deluxe room I made the reservation for a deluxe stateroom. Upon arriving i was asked if I would like to upgrade to a room with a view of Long Beach, as it was only $20.00, I got upgrade. I was in room B333 I beleive. Deluxe it was NOT. It had to be the smallest room on the ship. I had stayed in a deluxe room before and it had wood paneling, this room had no paneling. No desk and no place to set my laptop. The bath tub should not be called a bathtub (see pic). it was very small. The room had a Ipod station but it was behind the TV on the wall , so you could not see it or use it, why have it? I ordered room service for dinner. it arrived quickly. The waiter told me to call and leave tray outside door. I ordered dinner at 7pm. At 7am the next morning the tray still sat on floor outside my door. (This was after 2 calls). When i left at 11am the tray was still there. The door has slots in it, so when people walked in hall and talked it sounded like they were in the same room. All nite long I heard people in hall. (see pic). But the worst was when i pulled up a chair to use my laptop on the small ledge. As I moved the chair, I noticed something on the back of the chair. It looks like someone had vomited on the back of the chair. (see pic). Never again.

Room Tip: My tip, is dont stay there!
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo

TRavlerbarry -

Thank you for your feedback and we are disappointed you were not 100 percent satisfied with your experience aboard our beautiful ship - The Queen Mary. We would definitely love to have you back.

Our team works around the Clock to keep this ship - well - ship shape. We take each report and review seriously and will look into this.

Thanks again for the feedback and we hope to see you aboard the ship again soon!

Reviewed October 26, 2013

Yes it is an old ship. Of course it's not going to look brand new. We had a really good time. We walked a lot on board after everyone had gone to bed. It was nice and quiet. We will defiantly stay aboard the queen Mary again. The only thing I would have to complain about is the parking fee of $17 a night is a bit extreme. We also did the Russian submarine that was amazing how little space is available on that sub and we did the dark harbor event. Very entertaining the crew that worked that show was very good at what they do. 6 mazes all worth seeing.

Room Tip: A channel guide.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
QM1938, Guest Relations Manager at The Queen Mary, responded to this reviewResponded October 27, 2013

Rosalind -

Thanks for the feedback and we are so glad you had such a wonderful experience aboard the ship...sounds like you took in Dark Harbor too - our amazing haunted house! We are so glad you enjoyed that and we hope we scared the ship out of you!

In regard to parking $17 overnight is really not too bad and comparable to the prices in Southern California. I just stayed at the Mariot by the airport - for instance - and the was also $17 per night. Its a pretty common price down here. We do apologize for the inconvenience however and cannot wait to host you again soon!