The Queen Mary
AscendHotels
$229
Residence Inn
  • Breakfast included
Best Western Of Long Beach(Long Beach)(Great Value!)
$171
Hotels.com
$260
$239
  • Restaurant
Best Western Golden Sails Hotel(Long Beach)(Great Value!)
$129
BestWestern.com
6,822 results
All reviewsengine roompromenade cafeghost tourself guided tourqueen marystep back in timechelsea chowder housebeautiful shipglory dayswood panelingdark harborart decopiece of historytea roomprincess diana exhibitsir winstonsoriginal features
Reviewed March 21, 2013

There were 6 of us on a southern California trip. We wanted to spend a night on the Queen Mary. We had some confusion with our reservations - I don't know who messed up - our travel agent or their reservations - but we had to wait about 25 minutes in the lobby for the confusion to be cleared up. I really think it was our travel agent who dropped the ball. Anyway, we got rooms which were nice by the standards of an old ship. When we needed an extension cord, one was promptly brought to us. We were able to wander around the ship which was a cool thing to do to absorb its history. The breakfast buffet was good, also.

Room Tip: Stay away from the elevators if you can help it. Also, there was a loud party in the common area outside our room so I called the front desk to complain at 2AM. They said they had heard it too which made me wonder why they hadn't done something about it sooner. Ask for an outside-view room.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 21, 2013

An interesting historical cruise. History mixed with a very nice cabin with beautiful view of the Long Beach Harbor. Exploring the ship was fun and provided us with some exercise as well. The Tea Room is well worth a visit. We had High tea on one occasion and a regular lunch selection of the other, both excellent. Service was very good. Getting around is also easy wtih a free shuttle service from the ship to the marinas with restaraunts, aquarium, and tour boats. And the price is very competitive with other hotels in the area. Don't miss this destination!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank nakdan
Reviewed March 18, 2013

If you've ever wondered what it would be like to pull back the velvet rope , and step into a museum exhibit ,this is the place for you. If you are looking for a comfortable quiet hotel room, then not so much.First off, it is in the middle of nowhere. All the shops and snack bars were closed by 6:00pm.The ship was built in the 30's and almost nothing has been updated.The walls were super thin, I could here the lady next door's conversation word for word even with my TV on.
There was free wifi in the room but if you went more than about 5 feet form the main hall it was useless.Go for a tour but don't stay the night.From what I saw Long Beach has lots of other great options.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank TOfamily269
Reviewed March 18, 2013

We were not quite sure what to expect as we were planning our overnight visit to the Queen Mary. We know that there are many other hotels we could have stayed at, but the history of the Queen Mary intrigued us.

We arrived at check in time, and there was only one other person in front of us and they had three people working the desk. We were checked in and given a map of the ship. Let me just say that this is a beautiful ship and before you book you need to realize that it is a ship, a piece of history - virtually untouched. We went to our stateroom. I was blown away by all the beautiful wood work and the super comfortable bed. The bathroom is quite unique. I read the hand out given to us about the room. I opened our two port hole windows and let the cool ocean air in.

As we were dressing for an onboard party that we were attending we kept looking out our holes and watched as the fog rolled in. So beautiful. We walked to the restaurant where the event was and it was so foggy. Eerie as we could hear others talking, but you could not see them. We had a great time at the party and went back to our room. I would give a review on the restaurant...I just want to say that the food was great and the person who arranged it did a wonderful job. They really picked a unique experience. The restaurant has some issues with timing and serving, but it did not put a damper on our evening.

So back to the room. Though the bed was comfortable, we could not keep the room cool enough. So we had to open our port holes. It was strange since there were no screens on the windows. (Of course there wouldn't be). My husband decided to hop on to the internet which was an extra charge. The room was extremely noisy. I could hear everyone in the hall and the person hacking in the room next to us. Poor thing coughed all night...I mean all night. I didn't get any sleep. Somewhere in the middle of the night we heard several loud bangs. Maybe people opening or closing their port holes. Just not sure.

In the morning I showered. The bathtub is very interesting as it was sloped and narrowed sides. The water pressure was strong and I had plenty of hot water to get me up and going. Did I mention that the room was really clean. We ordered room service and we would do that again. Breakfast was great. Nice and hot.

After breakfast we packed up, but decided since we had some time before check out we would walk around the ship. We soon realized there was a self guided tour and finished the last bit of that. We went into one of the gift shops and picked up a book on the history of the ship. We checked out just before 11am and headed home.

Bring earplugs and a fan. Don't bother getting the Wifi and remember this is a piece of history, NOT a luxury hotel. If you are expecting great luxury stay elsewhere.

Room Tip: Ask for a bay view.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank NVMartha
Reviewed March 18, 2013

This was such a fun trip. The STAFF of the Queen Mary are the BEST from the moment you board! They are Helpful & FRIENDLY the friendliest I have ever encountered. Even those passing you in the hall greet you. The rooms are TRUE to the PERIOD built. However there is no sound barer you can hear everything in the next room including the snoring and whispering! I believe the way the rooms are situated maybe the headboards should not have been placed on the same side of the drawers and TV of the next room. The rooms were spotless; the Mattress was extremely comfortable as were the pillows and comforter this helped in falling asleep. The only pitfalls were, the sound in the rooms, the cost of the room service 8$ for a small pitcher of coffee 12$ large. The portions vs. price could have been stepped up a couple of “notches” in the restaurants & bar (8$ for a Margarita). Yet the most annoying was NO where to purchase a late night snack something to tide you over before a midnight tour. Room service food was costly & stopped at 1:00am. This does not help if you on the ship socializing- ate dinner at 6-7pm yet wanted something as we did before the midnight tour to tide us over till am. The ships stores were unbelievably reasonable in price for the wares & gifts. Seriously I had enough for several gifts.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family