“Nice and Quiet and Good Views”
Review of Hilton Long Beach

Hilton Long Beach
Ranked #6 of 58 Hotels in Long Beach
GreenLeadersSilver level
Cincinnati
“Nice and Quiet and Good Views”
Reviewed August 26, 2014

I had a room that was near an elevator but was still nice and quiet. The bed was comfortable and the room clean. The view that I had was great. This hotel is within walking distance to a lot of nice restaurants and about 15 minutes to the shore area. It is a fairly typical Hilton property and hard to go wrong with this.

2 Thank LiketoeatCincinnati
Greg K, General Manager at Hilton Long Beach, responded to this review, September 2, 2014
Wow! Sounds like you enjoyed not only our hotel, but our fun City of Long Beach! Thank you for taking your time to share your experience with us!

We are starting an incredible transformation/renovation in 2015 and I am quite sure you will be very pleased upon your next trip to the area.

Thank you again for your review!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (146)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Kansas City
Reviewed August 26, 2014

Staff was very accomodating with an early check-in (10am) and then switching us to a room on a higher floor that had windows that opened. Luggage was moved while we went to business conference. Breakfast buffet was good and service great but a bit pricey ($19 per person). Found a lovely $4.99 breakfast on the walk to the Convention Center at Mosher's Gourmet, 300 W. Ocean Blvd.

1 Thank KCGoWildcats
We are so happy that you enjoyed your recent stay with us! It is always a pleasurable experience for us to know that our guests had a very pleasant experience.

We appreciate that you shared your experience and hope to see you again soon on your next trip to Long Beach!

Safe travels!
Sebastopol, California
Reviewed August 25, 2014

Handy location, easy to find, very nice staff. I have stayed here 2-3 times since it's close to my work, and handy to downtown restaurants, the beach, and shops. While you are in town, don't miss George's the Greeks!

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

We really appreciate your feedback and very happy to know that you enjoyed your stay with us!

As for Georges Greek Café? One of my personal favorites and the family truly care about their customers and their food.

Open Sesame, The Federal Bar and Nick's on 2nd are also favorites of mine. Please try them on your next trip.

Thanks for taking your time to share your experience!
Katy, United States
Reviewed August 25, 2014

I went on a business trip, and was very impressed with this hotel. I was very satifisfied with the cleaniness, the courtesy of the staff. I was very impressed with the breakfast! It was very organized, clean and excellent. The staff at the breakfast bar was very nice! Thank you for staffing excellent employees!!

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for such a complimentary review of our hotel and our F&B team! We appreciate all the times that people take to acknowledge our great team here. I am obviously a bit partial, but I know that our hotel's most important difference really is the team here. They are priceless!

Thank you again for your review and we hope to see you again very soon!
Salt Lake City, United States
Reviewed August 25, 2014

The lobby of this hotel looks great. The bed was fine and the floor I stayed on was quiet. Some of the finer points were lacking. It seems the room had not had some basic maintenance. There was no continental breakfast.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for taking your time to share your experience. We are excited to begin our $11 mil renovation here soon, as I know that there are parts of the guest experience that are less than a "total wow" for some travelers.

I am very excited to share that you will be most pleased with the incredible transformation of this great hotel and look forward to earning great reviews and scores from our guests!

Thank you again for your review and we look forward to seeing you again soon and earning the highest scores!
San Antonio, United States
Reviewed August 25, 2014

Beautiful hotel! Great location and service! Friendly staff! Hotel is within walking distance for several shops and restaurants and free shuttle dropped me off at the Queen Mary for a late evening tour. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone and I can't wait to get back there again. Long Beach is a beautiful city!!!

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Not only do we appreciate your wonderful review of our hotel, but thank you for giving Long Beach a great "shout out!" This truly is a surprising City for those who have never found our wonderful City on the Sea. There is a plethora of wonderful activities, attractions and a never-ending list of events.

We appreciate your very complimentary review and do hope to see you with us again very soon!
Reviewed August 23, 2014 via mobile

I met some family at this hotel & was pleasantly surprised! The hotel is clean & has a nice restaurant & bar. If those are out of your budget you can easily walk to the courtyard & eat at Jersey Mike's. The room was spacious & very comfortable. I LOVED the pool on the rooftop BUT.... It was so sad that it was ONLY 3ft deep. My 4 year old son however loved the "kiddie pool" as he called it. The pool & jacuzzi needed to be cleaned since there was dirt/sand on the bottom. I loved how they had a waiter coming to serve you by the poolside. The food was costly ($10 for hummus & pita) but I loved having that option.
It was a little confusing to get to the hotel because my iphone maps was sending me in the wrong direction. Also the entrance for the parking is at the entrance to the 710 fwy so if you turn in the wrong driveway you will end up on the freeway. Overall, I would stay here again, just hope the pool is cleaner.

Stayed August 2014
We are so glad to hear that you had a pleasant surprise while visiting our hotel! We appreciate all your kind comments and use this feedback with our team, so that we all keep our guest's feedback top of mind.

While we have many wonderful attributes and even more with our exciting renovation beginning soon, I must admit that a 3' pool is a bit unusual and I, too, was taken aback when I first saw it! It is wonderful to refresh and renew, but not such a great pool for a volleyball game!

Thanks for your great review and we hope to see you again soon!