“A pretty good stay, but....”
Review of Hilton Long Beach

Hilton Long Beach
Ranked #7 of 57 Hotels in Long Beach
GreenLeadersSilver level
Melbourne
“A pretty good stay, but....”
Reviewed July 19, 2013

An all round good stay here. Got upgraded to an executive room on the top floor, but I didn't see what was so 'executive' about it - other than having a very large room. Wi-Fi was complimentary but at times a little patchy, but not too much of a problem. Breakfast was very good - and all-round service was excellent. Just one thing - the bed and pillows weren't that comfortable. Maybe it was me, but I had just stayed in 5 hotels over the past week or so, including 3-star motor inns in country towns, and this was the least comfortable sleep I had on the whole trip.

Also was a little annoyed that no shuttle (free or paid) service to LAX is offered, especially from a 'name' chain and large venue that it is.

Green Features: Motion-sensors on the light switches were a good idea.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (144)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Reviewed July 17, 2013

The Long Beach Hilton staff was INCREDIBLE!! They made our reunion a huge success. A few drawbacks were, free wi-fi is not offered throughout the hotel, a free continental breakfast is not included, there is no hotel shuttle to pick up or drop off at the local Long Beach Airport. If these are not an issue for you, I would not recommend staying anywhere else, but here. The hotel is beautiful, staff accommodating, food delicious.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Sacramento, United States
Reviewed July 14, 2013

The staff were terrific, vety helpful and accommodating and the room was spacious, clean and quiet, but the internet connection was abysmal - I couldn't even get a quick email check as it kept cutting out.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Grand Rapids, Michigan
Reviewed July 11, 2013

This Hilton has all that you would expect from a Hilton in terms of cleanliness, comfort, updated décor, etc. but be forewarned... depending on the way you book and the room cost you may or may not get a complimentary breakfast or internet access in your room. They also charge $17 dollars a day for self-parking, more for valet. And, while we were there, there was a sort of strike going on in front of the Hilton... apparently, they don't pay some of their employees very well.

Green Features: If you choose to not have them come in and service your room and bring clean towels each day, they will offer a $5 coupon for food in the restaurant. For this to make sense you need to be staying more than one day and eating in the restaurant (good food but pricey).
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank jodybetten
San Diego, CA
Reviewed July 9, 2013

I contracted the Long Beach Hilton for a group on July 4th 2013 the night prior to my wedding, which was held on a cruise ship in Long Beach. We booked ~20 rooms.

The property is well kept & the staff very friendly. Upon arrival, we did have to wait for a bellman but it was a busy/sold out day so that was understandable. I had booked 2 of the 20 rooms for my family. When we checked in around noon, both rooms were ready & my fiance & I had been upgraded to a wonderful suite with a large patio. My brother was also upgraded to a large balcony which was a nice surprise for his teen daughters who could lay out in the sun.

The rooms were spotless with plenty of space for all of our wedding gear & attire. We enjoyed time at the pool that afternoon to meet & greet with family & friends as they traveled in. In the evening we were able to host many of our friends on our balcony to enjoy views of several fireworks shows all over long beach. The views were amazing!

The following morning the hotel shuttle made several trips to ensure all of our guests arrived at the port on time.

The only minor inconvenience was the elevators. One of them was being worked on when we arrived, which is fine - but the maint. guy did not turn off the elevator, so every time the call button was pushed only the one he was working on would open. We had to just get lucky & wait for another elevator to arrive at that floor in order to board. I've never seen the maint. guy decide not to turn off the call ability when working on one car.

I can not recomend this hotel enough for groups! Friendly staff, proximity to the port, cleanliness and just an overall relaxed feeling.

Many thanks to the Hilton Long Beach staff!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed July 9, 2013

I had a family reunion at the Long Beach Hilton, and although the staff was pleasant, I had a less than pleasant stay. My room window faced a wall, so it was dark. I could have asked for a different room, so I will place that blame on myself. My girlfriend went to take a bath, and the water came up brown, of which we alerted the staff, but never knew what the cause was. I would advise anyone before booking to ask what are all the hidden fees are such as self parking, tourism assessment, occupancy tax, etc.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Lamont, California
Reviewed July 8, 2013

This is a great place to stay everyone was very friendly and helpful. Our room was very clean and comfortable. The check in was great. We arrive early without notice taking a chance at our room not bing ready and they were great about it checked us right in. The only compaint is that they don't offer free wifi in your room but it's free in the lobby. Will come back.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple