I was in Long Beach for a wedding. Since I was coming in earlier than the rooms were blocked for, I was not given the discount rate the rest of the party was given. But it was okay..... I thought, since I found a much better rate at Priceline.com. I even called to have my Hilton Honors number added to the reservation after getting the Priceline rate. Hilton would not add it to my reservations due to being a third party booking and noted I was not eligible for points. I said that was fine, I just wanted it in the notes to ensure my room stayed reserved and I received member recognition upon check-in. But It did not happen.
I arrived around 10 PM, valet checked my rental, and went to check in. But was immediately told that I was moved due to an airline crew taking all of the rooms and mine being given away. I asked if I had had my HH membership noted in the reservation if this would have happened and was told it would NOT have happened.
So I was sent to the Maya across the bridge- and it is NOT an upgrade or even the slightest bit better.
So there I was, the next day, wedding activities to get ready for and having to pack and with no where to get ready or keep my things. After several calls from me, the bride, and to Hilton Honors, I was told a room would be available under my original reservation back at the Hilton at noon with an upgrade. So the recovery attempt started. I stored my gear at the Hilton, took care of the afternoon wedding activities and returned to my upgraded room. It was a nice, clean, corner, balcony room. Not quiet, but it is in the city, so can't really argue, just be aware it is not a quiet hotel.
I continued to valet my car and they were always nice. There was one night I needed to get my car out and no-one answered the phone at the valet, concierge, or front desk. When I walked down, I expected to see the valet, concierge, and front desk swamped...... but it was a ghost town. Really, that was the only problem after the check in debacle.
So do not book this on Priceline- you will be treated as second rate, only stay here if you are a recognized Hilton Honors member, and you have no where important to be just in case you get bumped. This hotel values it's contracts with the airlines more than it's individual customers..... can't blame them, money is money, but they are very obvious what is more important than customer service.... money.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hilton Long Beach Hotel and Executive Meeting Center is the perfect location for business or leisure travel, with over 40,000 sq. Ft. Of Executive meeting space and social function rooms. Located on Ocean Ave and just a few blocks from all the activities, restaurants, attractions and the Long Beach Convention Center. Rent one of our Fuji Cruisers for an enjoyable ride along the 22 mi oceanfront bike bath. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Hilton Hotels, Expedia, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Agoda, Cancelon, Booking.com, getaroom.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline and Jetsetter so you can book your Hilton Long Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Long Beach And Executive Meeting Center
- Hilton Long Beach & Executive Meeting Hotel Long Beach
- Hilton Hotel Long Beach