“Excellent service and location”

Hyatt Regency Long Beach
Ranked #3 of 58 Hotels in Long Beach
Chaska, Minnesota
“Excellent service and location”
Reviewed April 25, 2014 via mobile

I was just at his hotel for a conference for 185 people. Our event planner could not say enough great things about how great the entire staff was to work with. The food for breakfast, lunch, and cocktail hours was all very good. The rooms are updated as well. You can't beat the location, right across from the pier with a lot of great food and entertainment choices within walking distance. The pool was on the smaller side, but it was lovely. If I were to return to this area, I would choose this hotel.

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (402)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
washington, michigan
Reviewed April 24, 2014 via mobile

Room was nice and clean bathroom was nicely appointed all the amenities are here. I also appreciated how they were proactive with the problem I was having with the room. It was not hotel's fault but rather the guests that were in the room next to me.

They handled it very well and even offered me a credit, even though it wasn't their fault. I really appreciate that, it's so hard to find good service these days. Well done

orange county
Reviewed April 24, 2014

Stayed here with my mom when visiting the aquarium of the pacific and other places in long beach from orange county. It was a nice leisure trip and we were happy to get to the hotel and rest after walking around all day. Check in was fast and the parking was underground and secure. I liked how the hotel was located near alot of places to eat but in the end opted for room service and my burger and fries were amazing. My mom ordered some wine and cheese with fruit and she also enjoyed it alot. A clean slate Riesling. The beds were very comfortble and the room was allergen and dust free it was great to relax in. We had one of the most amazing views of the ocean and it was nice to watch the sunset with a drink from the room. Afterwards we watched tv and fell asleep very early. On a side note i was checked in and checked out by the same exact girls which i found that strange they were there during different hours of the day. The front desk girls were very cute, specially the red head.

Room Tip: the higher the better
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 23, 2014

Really enjoyed our stay at Hyatt Long Beach, great location with plenty to do and loads of places to shop and eat. The water front is great and offers a massive number of places to eat. There are also several car rental places within walking distance.

The quality of staff really elevate this hotel though, best service we've had in twenty years of travelling, they exceeded our expectations and are a credit to the organisation.

Room Tip: Go for a harbour view room, nice view of the Queen Mary and lit up waterfront.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank subbeh
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed April 17, 2014

I have stayed at quite a few hotels over the years, some good, some not so good. Others are excellent. This hotel gets my very excellent –outstanding vote for many reasons. First, every single person who I encountered was extremely pleasant, helpful and professional. Everyone.
And whoever designed this hotel, from the structure, to the rooms, to the furniture to all of the extras, could not have done a better job! The room was so comfortable, I almost felt like it was not a hotel. There was even a small motion sensor just below the nightstand that turned on when I got up during the night to light the way. The only thing that I had to complain about this hotel is that I could not stay longer. If you are in Long Beach stay here!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Minneapolis, Mn.
Reviewed April 17, 2014

Just returned from attending the Long Beach Grand Prix, Friday thru Monday. Initially had some concerns about staying at the Hyatt since it is located within the race boundaries and basically not accessible to motor vehicles for three days. E-mailed the hotel about this issue and quickly got a return message saying that there was a staffed registration point just outside the race boundary. When my town car transport arrived there several hotel staff greeted me and quickly registered me in. Best of all, one of the bell staff actually walked me and my luggage the several blocks to the hotel itself. I was assigned a king room on the seventh floor with a fantastic view of the bay area as well as the race track and pit areas. The room was large, clean, and appointed with modern and comfortable furniture. Though a little small, the bathroom was fine with a tub and shower. I quickly discovered that my room was actually a great place to watch the racing action, especially since the wide-screen TV carried a closed circuit coverage of the entire race course. This worked out so well that I ordered room service several times, which arrived quickly and was of high quality. Overall, the property is very nice and well-staffed, with good lounge and restaurant areas. Due to the Grand Prix event, room prices were high as I expected but I was completely satisfied with my stay, particularly since I was able to view much of the race action from the comfort of my room.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed April 16, 2014 via mobile

The hotel and room were beautiful. My room overlooked the bay and I was looking right at the long beach aquarium. My only gripe was that they charged for wifi in the room. It was 5 bucks for 4 hours or 20 bucks for the day. Wifi was free in the common areas. There was also a charge for parking, 21 bucks a day. I was waiting for a charge for hot water when I took a shower. The next night I stayed at a Best Western in Exeter and wifi was free, parking was free, and the room was only a small step down from the hyatt room. I would stay here again and I do recommend the Hyatt, I just think that the extra add ons are tacky and cheapen the Hyatt brand. They basically advertise the low price to compete with other lower type hotels. They should just charge the extra 40 bucks a night and let the guest park and surf for free.