“Great Stay for Convention”

Hyatt Regency Long Beach
Ranked #3 of 58 Hotels in Long Beach
Beavercreek, Ohio
“Great Stay for Convention”
Reviewed March 18, 2013

I travel a lot, but usually don't try to spend a lot on hotels. Well this place was partially paid for by the group I was there with for a convention so I was able to stay there. The room and hotel over all was outstanding.

The hotel was spotless inside and the rooms were newly renovated with some very nice furniture. The bed might have been the most comfortable bed I've ever slept in and I even went through finding out what the mattress was so I could buy one for home. The Staff was extremely nice and made everything very simple.

They had a nice coffee shop and restaurant, but with the funds I was there on I really couldn’t afford what they had to offer. Also the garage was a little expensive for me for parking, but that is what you pay in California I guess. And fortunately we had Wi-Fi for free for our group, but having to pay for that on the side would have been a pain as well. The pool area was very nice as well including a fire pit that was going at night.

The location was wonderful being right across the street from the boardwalk and other attractions and it was literally connected to the convention center on the other side. This really was a perfect hotel if you are having a conference of any type.

I really have no complaints from my stay there and was very happy and would stay there again if I ever return to Long Beach.

Room Tip: Higher rooms especially on the lagoon side have better views.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Kristin K, Manager at Hyatt Regency Long Beach, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
Greetings,

Thank you for your review of your recent stay. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your time with us and in Long Beach. Please come see us again should your travels bring you back to Long Beach.

Kristin K.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (402)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Seoul, South Korea
Reviewed March 15, 2013 via mobile

After a real long flight, I was eager to get to my hotel and get settled in for the event I was attending at the LB Convention Center. We were greeted by a very friendly front desk staff, and were checked into our rooms very quickly and professionally. My initial impression of the room was very, very favorable... while they are not the biggest rooms I have stayed in (especially in a 5 star hotel), they were very well laid out, and meet every one of my needs. The bed was very comfortable (not too hard or too soft), and the tables, chair, desk, and sofa were all very strategically placed in the room. Traveling with more that one electronic device, I really appreciated the built in wall unit, that had USB charging ports, and both wireless and wired Internet access. On top of all the nice amenities, the room was very clean and well serviced. Oh, did I mention the view? I had a room on the ninth floor, and the Long Beach Harbor View is fantastic.

Without getting a booked deal through one of the internet hotel sites, or getting a break on the room through a booked event (like I did), this would be a pricey hotel room. But with all the deals on the internet, you should be able to get a decent rate. My experience indicated that the room was a great value - I would recommend this to anyone, and will return to the hotel if I am ever back in Long Beach.

Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
David,

Thank you for your recent review, we very much appreciate your feedback about your stay. We hope to have you visit again soon when your travels bring you to Long Beach.
Barcelona, Spain
Reviewed March 9, 2013

I stayed here for the TED conference this year (2013). Because I was a speaker, the conference put me up in a King Suite, which I expected to be pretty plush. The room was nice enough, but the sound-proofing is pretty bad. There are double doors connecting to the two adjoining rooms, and these doors are not soundproof. Because the bed is against a common wall, with the double doors near the bed, you hear everything from the room next door. Not at all what I'd expect from a high-end hotel. While the room was quite large, the bathroom was cramped. The house-keeping staff forgot to clean our room 2 of the 5 days were were there. Pretty loose. The view of the harbor is nothing to get excited about. Lots of cranes, basically. If it were my money, I'd stay somewhere else.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Kristin K, Manager at Hyatt Regency Long Beach, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
Hello,
Thank you for your feedback about your recent stay. We appreciate your comments about your experience in our guest rooms. We have passed this feedback to our Housekeeping Department to prevent future occurrences.
Chattanooga, Tennessee
Reviewed March 1, 2013

During a conference, I was placed in a ground-level room adjacent to the "lagoon". This would have been fine with me if the two motorized shade/blind covers had met together in the middle or blocked the view from the sides from the walkway outside, and yes, I mean while sleeping.

This was a a great place to stay overall since it was connected to the convention center where my conference was taking place and there was a walkway over a busy city street to area restaurants. Many other restaurants were available in a short walk along the street bordering the hotel.

The room was large and comfortable, but if staying here again I would definitely ask to be placed on an upper floor.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Kristin K, Manager at Hyatt Regency Long Beach, responded to this review, March 8, 2013
Thank you for your review about your recent stay, we appreciate your feedback about your view.

Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed February 25, 2013

We were both surprised & disappointed with the size of our room. Especially the size of the bathroom, there was only a single sink. It would be nearly impossible for two people to get ready at the same time.
It was a miserable day weather wise the weekend we stayed. It was raining & cold, so rather than venture out we decided to eat at one of the Restaurants inside the Hotel. Well, they only have one. The wait was going to be way over an hour since it seems everyone in the Hotel had the same Idea. The only other place in the Hotel to get anything to eat was the bar.
The location of the Hotel is great, but the amenities are not.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Donald,

Thank you for you review, we very much appreciate your feedback about your recent stay and apologize for any inconvenience during your dining experiences.

Taos, New Mexico
Reviewed February 17, 2013

Have stayed here 10-12 nights per year since, and including, opening night in 1982, I think. Hotel is in overall great shape considering the age. Front desk staff have always been a challenge at this location, and this is still true. Nothing major, assigned wrong bed type, remedied with a call to management, but lied to by front desk. The hostess of the Regency Club in the evenings is a major highlight, and while all of the "old" valet and bell staff have now retired, the new generation is excellent. No room service from 11AM to 5PM is tragic for a convention attendee wanting an hour escape, but at least these days there are many eateries nearby.
Overall a good choice, especially for an event at the convention center next door.

Room Tip: Even numbered rooms face the harbor, Queen Mary, aquarium, etc.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Kristin K, Manager at Hyatt Regency Long Beach, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
Thank you for your recent review, we appreciate your feedback and have passed it on to our Food and Beverage Team to review. Thank you for your continued partnership over the years, we very much appreciate it.
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed February 15, 2013

Stayed one night on a business trip and was very impressed with the property. Just steps away from the Long Beach Convention Center and a great view of the harbor and the Queen Mary. Just a short walk to restaurants and shopping. Very convenient off of the highway. Totally love the motion sensor lights at floor level. If there was a remodel recently it sure shows as this is a fabulous property. Parking is only steps away - valet is available. There wasn't one staff member I interacted with that was other than pleasant and helpful. Coffee stand in the lobby is very convenient. The bed is super comfortable and the room itself is very spacious. The bathroom is a good size with a lot of counter space.

Room Tip: Get a harbor view room on a high floor if you can.
Greetings,
Thank you for your review about your recent stay. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your experience and our new room product. We hope to have you stay with us again should your travels bring you back to Long Beach.