Hotel Current
$419
$365
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Best Western Golden Sails Hotel(Long Beach)(Great Value!)
$129
$209
$169
$159
AscendHotels
$180
$157
  • Restaurant
The Queen Mary(Long Beach)(Great Value!)
$97
  • Room Service
Best Western Of Long Beach(Long Beach)(Great Value!)
$129
$235
$199
Hyatt.com
  • Pool
All reviewssliding barnshuttle servicepool was heatedmile radiuswithin milespool area was very nicerain showerfree shuttlecruise packagepacific coast highwayburritoseal beachfree breakfastcruise portlong beach airportno elevatorstayed here for one night
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 15, 2009

Honestly, this hotel was not bad at all. It's of course not the most luxurious hotel, but if you don't want to spend $500 a night just to sleep, then I would definitely recommend this hotel. The bed was comfy, not too soft, not too hard. The staff was friendly, and the complimentary breakfast was good. Everything worked in the room, except for the volume button on the remote, but it wasn't a big deal. We went to Long Beach to check out the area and the CSU, and it was conviently close. The hotel was also only about 5-10 minutes away from the beach, shopping, and fun things to do. Overall, I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a nice, cheaper, and convient hotel.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 7, 2009

We were on a college tour with 25 high school students. This hotel was picked by my director because of its location and the fact that there was a complimentary continental breakfast available. This helped us with our trip costs. There were things I liked about this place and things I didn't.

I liked the room size and the bed was comfy enough. There was a hairdryer and iron available in the room, and a coffee maker. There was also an ample supply of towels. I liked the open beam ceiling which reminded me of my house. The students liked the pool.

What I didn't like was the outdated bathroom. I also didn't like the old air conditioned unit and the fact that the sleep didn't work on my t.v. I didn't hear the people next door to me, but I did have to tell the students above me to walk softer. A couple other students could hear the people arguing in the room next to them. You could also hear the showers from the room above.

The in-room coffee was awful! I didn't drink it...one of my colleagues made the mistake of...but from past experience, there really isn't any decent in-room coffee. I remember seeing a Starbucks, so I treked a little over half a mile for our salvation. When you're with students, it takes a lot of energy and we were visiting two colleges that day so we needed some very leaded fuel.

The breakfast was your standard waffle irons, croissants, muffins, fruit, juices (strawberry & orange), coffee, cereal (hot & cold), toast. It hit the spot for us and the kids. What do people expect for free???

I wouldn't stay here for an extended amount of time. But for an overnight trip with a group of teenagers, it worked. So I would recommend this property to others for a one night stay if all you need is to sleep and shower.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed August 12, 2008

I have stayed in all kinds of places ,the Guest house has become a home away from home for myself and about 80 of my friends every November . The front desk people are always friendly and ready to help . Yes the rooms could use some updating .but it is the location and courtesy we are always shown that brings us all back every year . How many other places would allow its guests to take over the parking lot and hang out and have fun ,park trailers and motorcycles everywhere.. Yes I could stay at a $500 a night place but you won't get the geniune friendlyiness of all the guesthouse staff..And the steak house next door is fabulous as well as dipiazzas.. I can't wait till November to head back to Long Beach and the guesthouse ..

• Stayed: November 2007
Reviewed August 7, 2008

I took my family for a three-day stay for a wedding in March. The rate was low I took it. This was the worst decision I've made. The carpet was dingy and sticky. It smelled and felt like walking on sweat-soaked socks. The beds and sheets were hard. The bathroom took me back when I was leaving in a third-world country. It's unfortunate because the front-desk ladies were really nice and friendly. I wished the room matched their personalities. There's a reason why the rate is cheap. If I didn't have my family with me, I'd slept in my car.

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled with family
Reviewed June 21, 2008

This is one of the dirtiest hotels I have ever stayed at and we are not all that picky. The beds are harder than the floors and having a non-smoking room with smoking rooms on either side was just as bad as having a smoker in the room.

The one redeeming feature is the Brazilian BBQ next to the hotel. It is spendy, especially if you have teens who don't eat a lot. ($30 per person), but it is all you can eat and the choices are fantastic.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled with family