Hotel Current
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Don's Motel(Long Beach)
View Hotel
Long Beach Inn(Long Beach)
View Hotel
All reviewssliding barnshuttle servicemile radiuswithin milesrain showerfree shuttlepool areapacific coast highwaycruise packageseal beachburritocruise portnice poolfree breakfastlong beach airportno elevatorstayed here for one night
Reviewed October 12, 2013 via mobile

We made our annual pilgrimage to the Informex Show which this time was in, of all, places in Anaheim. As we are on a budget and didn't want to stay in Anaheim for the weekend prior to the exhibition I chose a location between LAX and Anaheim. Long Beach came up on my radar and after searching I found Hotel Current. This is a lovely hotel, clean, modern (inside) and reasonably priced. Also roughly equi-distant between LAX and Anaheim. The exterior. Of the hotel, to me, is a classic US motel type and needs updating. The rooms are updated and very nice. The staff are friendly and very helpful. The shuttle bus was also very good and easy to contact and use. Just as well really as the hotel appears to be in the middle of nowhere. I liked the hotel and downtown Long Beach has some nice bars and restaurants but if I go to Los Angeles again I will definitely select another location for R&R.

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed October 9, 2013

I'm so grateful for The Hotel Current. It was just what I needed for my summer getaway. I only live about 25 miles south of the hotel (in Newport Beach) but wanted somewhere that I could stay and take day trips into various parts of Long Beach. One day it was the Belmont Shore area - which was awesome. Another day it was downtown Long Beach - I loved that too. And one day it was Seaport Village - a great relaxing day as well. And to have a nice, clean, comfortable hotel to return to at the end of each day was essential and convenient.

I loved the free morning breakfast. Had everything I needed.

I loved the vibe of the hotel. It was simple, kinda modern, with a little asian flair.

I loved sitting around the pool in the mornings reading the paper and relaxing in the shade.

If someone is looking for a inexpensive, cool hotel to call home on their trip to Long Beach, then Hotel Current is a great choice!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Keith P
Reviewed September 26, 2013

We booked this hotel on Expedia. They have a flat rate for a night, continental breakfast, shuttle to the Long Beach Port, and leave your car there for the duration of the cruise.

The motel was clean, and rooms seemed to have been recently renovated. We were welcomed by friendly staff who recommended a nearby pizza place.

The room had a clean shower, with lots of hot water, and water pressure. In the morning, the continental breakfast was the usual fare, with waffles, fruit, cereal, and pastries.

Our shuttle was at the correct time, and on our arrival back at Long Beach, we called and the shuttle was there if 15 minutes. The driver was friendly and informative.

For our purposes there were no drawbacks to this hotel. This being said, it didn't seem near any tourist type of things, so it may not be appropriate for all travellers. For one or two nights though, especially before a cruise this hotel was ideal, and we'd stay again.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 23, 2013

We stayed at this motel for two nights and I'll tell you it was enough1, mu husband hurt is knee bumping with the sharp wood corners of the bed, the carpet is black and very dirty, I complained at the desk about the beds and careless lady at the lady said that it happens all the time, mattresses hard and old, fleas! you read right, FLEAS! the shower was a nightmare no water pressure at all, I could not even take the shampoo off my hair, we were intending to stay for four nights and we should've check out the very first one.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Loren c
Reviewed September 2, 2013

For a $50 fee for the duration of your stay, you can bring your dog. Most other LB lodging (except for a few expensive 5 star locations, the lower end Motel 6 chain or the devoid of charm but utilitarian Extended Stay) do not allow bigger dogs. Behind the hotel is a safe neighborhood - good for walking the dog. Bring a bowl for the dog.

We got one of the rooms with a spa in it and the tub was big enough for two and a very nice feature. That said the spa separates the bathroom from the bedroom along with a curtain only - no wall. So, be prepared to have your partner hear you using the bathroom - that was a little weird. Also, having a mini- fridge is a bonus. Although we had wanted to be closer to the beach, town, the gay ghetto, or the canals this location was close enough and they have a free shuttle anywhere you want to go to and from within 5 miles until 10:30 at night - so that was a good solution.

You are along PCH and it is busy and not walking friendly. We did anyway though so we could drink and walk home - but if I were to do it over I would have booked their free shuttle since the streets do not all have sidewalks and extra lanes &very busy.

Our TV wasn't working and they offered to send a tech but since we were only there for a night we decided not to worry about it. Free internet was nice, free parking also good, there is a restaurant next door that looked like fun. The included continental breakfast was great - waffle maker, solid tasting coffee and juice, yogurts, a couple cereals, scrambled eggs and sausage patties, and some basic bagels and pastries in a room with some table near the front office.

Pool area was really nice with great lounge furniture. There were a ton of kids using the pool and at breakfast - but since we didn't have a room by the pool that noise was fine. There were a lot of guest rooms - I didn't realize how big this place was until we got there. I liked having a room on PCH - it was quiet at night and the AC worked well - the first floor was fine. Room had a boutique feel - nice lighting throughout the hotel and good chill music.

I would stay here again for sure.

Room Tip: View of the Golf Course means you overlook PCH - not much of a view but the traffic didn't not bother me. A room by the pool could be very loud. Spa rooms have no noise privacy while using the bathroom.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple