“The Best Service made this my Best Hotel Stay!”
Review of Hotel Current

Hotel Current
Ranked #17 of 58 Hotels in Long Beach
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed May 24, 2011

I had a Great experience at this property! Beautiful rooms-gorgeous pool-great staff!
**My one forewarning is that some of these rooms have not yet been renovated and you cannot tell what room your booking on other sites...so book direct with the hotel to ensure you get one of the new rooms**
Although it may not be as conveniently located to the main attractions of the city as some of the other more high priced properties, it never felt like it! The shuttle service was more than I expected. I was taken anywhere within 5miles of the hotel for FREE...and mind you pretty much anywhere you need to go is within this radius. Even with a generous tip, you wont even get close to paying what a cab would charge you. I called from my room with where I wanted to go & was given a time to meet the shuttle at the lobby...AND Yes, they will pick you up at a predesignated spot and bring you back too. The front desk staff was VERY accommodating and friendly. My room was upgraded to a suite (without me asking) upon my arrival, simply because they had the rooms available to do so...REALLY?!! Thats WOW service!. The room was newly renovated and BEAUTIFUL! Clean lines, Huge jacuzzi tub, Smart layout, & Surprisingly well insulated (my room faced a busy street). Even on the day of check-out when I had several hours before my plane departed, I asked if the front desk could hold my luggage for me. I was told, "of course" but also offered the option to stay in my suite until 7pm for a flat $45 fee. Um, yes please! This gave me almost a whole other day out of my trip that I wouldn't of been able to have if I had to shove all my things in my bag and check out on time! I hope my review helps you make a more informed decision on where to stay the next time your in Long Beach...I will DEFINITELY be staying here again & again!

Room Tip: Stay in the Jacuzzi Suite!
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank SelinaE13

Reviewed May 15, 2011

Our stay was excellent, staff very helpful and always willing to make things easier . I would recommend this hotel, free shuttle the big plus.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank goldchime
Reviewed May 2, 2011

This hotel is in transition with many of the rooms remodeled. Be sure you request one of the new rooms and you will be thrilled with your stay. Rooms are very large, tasteful, modern. Service is excellent. Pool lovely surrounded by large sofas. Great artwork. You can park free while on your cruise -- they will shuttle you to Port of Los Angeles or Long Beach. Lovely view of golf course across from hotel. Great little Italian restaurant nearby. Only drawback is that breakfast could be a bit nicer. We will definitely return. Anyone who had a bad experience here didn't research enough to know about the renovation in advance. We reserved directly with hotel and got an even better deal.

Room Tip: Rooms in front have street noise.
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank SpiderBride
Reviewed April 20, 2011

This hotel was excellent for our 22 member family. We were booked on a Carnival Cruise. Parking at the Carnival cruise dock was $105 for the 7 day cruise. We stayed at this hotel and they provided shuttle service TO and FROM the ship and allowed us to park our 5 automobiles there for free. The rooms were great. All 5 rooms had been recently remodeled. The beds were wonderful with feather deckers. The shower head was in the ceiling and everything was BETTER THAN expected. Wayne, at the front desk was very helpful with luggage tag copies and help in arranging directions to restaurants and home.
I would highly recommend this lodging facility.

Room Tip: If requested you can be next to the outdoor pool.
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank jpkcak
Reviewed April 19, 2011

We booked the Hotel to see the Long Beach Grand Prix. We looked at the website and the rooms seemed nice. Once we checked in the hotel and went to our room I was sure we were in the wrong room. It looked NOTHING like the pictures on their website. When I asked at the front desk if there had been a mistake because the room was not what I saw online she stated because I booked through a third party I was in the "Standard" room. I would think the pictures on the website would be of the "standard" room. The bed or stone table as I refered to it as was terrbile. The blinds were missing from the bathroom. They were renevating the rooms around us, but my room was a complete disappointment. We will not be returning the the Hotel Current.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Dustin99
hotelcurrent, General Manager at Hotel Current, responded to this reviewResponded April 27, 2011

It is not our intention to mislead our guests about our hotel product during the transition of renovation. However, it does appear that this was the result in your case, and we truly apologize.
We are finishing the last phase of rooms, so this type of situation should not be repeated.

Reviewed April 18, 2011

Hotel Current was a fantastic surprise. It's not every day that everyone in an extended family is happy with the hotel choice. This definitely did. The heated pool, towels and comfortable outdoor furniture-Awesome. The modern look and feel of the huge room and bathroom-Amazing. The cleanliness, comfort and feel-Crisp. The service from Wayne the manager, front desk, and free shuttle to local attractions including the port-terrific. The fact that we could leave our car for the duration of the cruise saving us additional money-Fantastic. The price-Perfect. They were easy to work with and we will be back.

• Stayed: April 2011
1  Thank Kim W
Reviewed April 8, 2011

The hotel was spotless and clean with great customer service. They offer a complimentary shuttle service within a 5 mile radius which includes the LBC airport and the Carnival cruise ship terminal. We also requested a ride to the beach, which was provided to us. The location was pretty and safe, directly across from a golf course. There were some restaurants within walking distance and a seven eleven. The shower was amazing, very spa-like. My only complaint would be that the pool was too cold.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family