“Dissapointed!”

Ranked #24 of 58 Hotels in Long Beach
Las Vegas, NV
“Dissapointed!”
Reviewed May 31, 2008

We stayed at this hotel 2 adults/2 children for 3 nights, we booked through their website, and had the impression that the hotel was better kept. Unfortunately it was not, the carpet smelled like urine, the towels were abrasive and gray, the radio clock did not work, the hair dryer did not work, the bed spread seemed dirty, a lamp did not work. On the positive side I did appreciated the microwave and refrigerator in the room. I knew this is not a luxury hotel, but at least should be clean and things should work properly! The continental breakfast that by the way is served at their lobby on a small space with only one table was very simple, they only had coffee, milk, danish, cereal, oj. Thankfully we hardly spent time in it, only to sleep.

• Liked — refrigerator/microwave
  • Disliked — dirty
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Belgium
Reviewed May 21, 2008

The area in which this hotel is located is shady. Staff is rude and not very helpful.

The first room we got was filthy. At first they refused to change our rooms stating that "they wouldn't be able to sell it to someone else" I would hope not, it was disgusting: dirty sheets, torn blankets, carpets so dirty it left black marks on your feet, noisy AC, cigarette smell. After insisting, we got a new room which was better.

We didn't even bother having breakfast there as al they had was coffee and cereals.

Overall I would not recommend staying there. We stayed for 2 nights and if they had refused to move us from our first room (room 207) we would have checked out immediately.

This hotel should not be on any travel/booking website, it is really a disgrace for the Days Inn group.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Dirty
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Travelers are raving about these Long Beach hotels

Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed April 20, 2008

No you don't fall out the front door and stroll to a trendy cafe. For the price of 46 a single and 55 a double it's well worth it.
I booked two rooms as we were 3 and asked for adjoining. Why we didn't get this is a mystery to me because my sons single had a door to a vacant adjoining double. Could be we asked for non smoking, there was a non smoking plaque on the door but an ashtray inside. I notice the maids keep the windows open of vacant rooms so you don't get that motel smell.
We were able to check in early and I brought my prepaid receipts with me and he checked us in quickly. We parked next to the ice machine in the covered parking and they didn't mind that we filled the ice chest and left it in the car.
It was unsually hot and the room air worked great but just had the screened window open until we went to sleep. Some rooms have the coffee maker and some have a hair dryer.
There is also a micro and fridge which came in handy. They also have HBO and National Geographic channed which was nice for the price. There is no pool but so what.
Seemed to be busy with wedding partys and familys during our stay.
My son said he woke up and heard O.D. and police but I heard nothing and the next night, a Monday, was quiet and plenty of parking. I would stay here if I had to be in Long Beach and had a car but not really a tourist feel.
I did walk to the CVS which is two blocks to your left for drinks and it felt like my neighborhood in Vegas. There is a college across the street and your mix of all types in a typical urban sprawl of a large city.
If you want to save money, stay here. The rooms on the second level are a-frames with beams and a good size with irons and bath and toilet separate from sink area. You'll get the best deal by booking AAA, AARP, or government option and they didn't ask for my credentials for the discount.

• Stayed April 2008, traveled on business
1 Thank sallyhess
Durham UK
Reviewed February 18, 2008

My husband and I had planned a trip to the US and had spent many hours surfing the net to find the best places to stay.
After having an amazing week in Vegas, we picked up our hire car and drove the 3 hrs or so to Long Beach, for what we hoped would be 5 nights of fun in the LA area, with a little beach thrown in.
After taking directions to the hotel from a local Starbucks, we pulled into what can only be described as the type of motel we Brits see on US TV. We fully expected to be participating in some form of serial murder or stakeout!
The receptionist was rude and unhelpful. When we asked if the beachfront was within walking distance, he said, "hey, this is America, no-one walks!" After a few drives round the block, it was easy to see why he had suggested we drive everywhere.
The room itself was VERY basic. The bed and bathroom were clean, although the grimy carpet did leave your feet black with muck after even the shortest walk on it.
My main concern was the safety. One evening we had arrived back around 9pm from a busy day sightseeing in LA and after taking the stairs to our room, it was clear that a "party" was going on in the room next door. I don't know what time this ended, but we were very quiet in our room and at times, it felt like they were coming through the wall. It really scared me and I always felt relieved when we were in the room with the door locked.
Overall, it was the most horrible place we have ever stayed, and spolit what was a decent time in the area. We would have moved out, but hotels.com refuse to offer refunds, and we were moving onto San Diego for the final leg of our trip, so we needed to save our money for spending!

Stayed September 2005
tulare, ca
Reviewed September 29, 2007

Came to the hotel and the room that we had reserved, was not the correct one. Had to get another room, then the bed sheets were dirty, and the bed was falling apart the springs were popping. We left the hotel after one night, and called hotels.com and they were unwilling to give us a refund on the second night. I will not ever use hotels.com again since the unacceptalble customer service. They should have given use a refund but since they said they cant, then i will never use them again or suggest them to anyone that i know. The hotel "Days Inn City Center Long Beach" should have the health dept come in and check their rooms, it was awful that the bed was in such bad shape and it was dirty! So, i will from now on go to their competitor Holiday Inn, they gave us a great room and a better rate the Days Inn and they bent over backwards to help us out. I didnt need a reservation, and i was able to get a better room at a better hotel and they have a restaurant and it is just so much better. This Holiday Inn is at 1133 Atlantic ave in Long Beach Ca.
Hotels.com shame on you for your awful customer service and even suggesting a hotel that was a dive is unspeakable, i will never use them again and this was the first time that i use them. Well that be the last!

Stayed September 2007
colorado
Reviewed August 14, 2007

The carpet in this place was so filthy dirty that when you walked acrossed the floor and into the bathroom you left dirty black footprints on the floor. There where ants on the bathroom counter that we had to go and buy bug spray ourselves to get rid of the ants. The managers ,or whatever they where, where not very helpful or knowledgeable when we asked how to get to the beach they could not tell us how to get there. We had a flat tire one morning and asked where the tire store was and they again could not tell us where it was. When we called the tire store and got directions it was 1 block from the hotel. When I called Days Inn costomer service line they notified the hotel of my issues and the hotel in long beach sent me a coupon for 10% off my next stay at that hotel in the next 90 days. I would not drive 10 mins to stay at that motel much less 13 hours. This is just my opinion but I would recomend , based on this expeiriance, that you not stay at this hotel unless it is a last choice.

• Stayed July 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed August 14, 2007

Stayed here for 4 nights with 2 other girls, think we were the only females in the places which was a bit worrying! This "hotel", which i sooooo a motel, was ok, just ok. We basically just slept there coz u wouldnt wanna be hanging around there during the day. Receptionist were fairly crap, apart from having little english they didnt know any good locations that were near so we had to find them ourselves! Also it said it included breakfast, ugh, wouldnt touch it!! Cereal, no thanks! At night when we got home we used to get a taxi as close to the door as possible then run up the stairs to our room, close and double lock the door before the men in the place realised we were back! Also lots of ppl used to hang around the streets, but like its ok, just wouldnt do it alone. Room was adequate. Had a room with 2 double beds, bathroom clean and shower was grand. Room was ok, but location not totally sure about!! Ur best bet is try get accom at Seal Beach or near Belmont Shore which is 10 mins from here.

Stayed July 2007