“Great room and everything is nice and clean.”

Courtyard Long Beach Downtown
Ranked #15 of 55 Hotels in Long Beach
Santa Rosa, California
“Great room and everything is nice and clean.”
Reviewed May 9, 2013

Great room and everything is nice and clean. Don't ahve anything bad to say. Great hotel! Check in was very fast. A lot of parking. Room is large with a bed and coach. TV is large with a lot of channels. Great hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Hypersion
GeneralManagerR_13, General Manager at Courtyard Long Beach Downtown, responded to this review, May 31, 2013
Thank you for choosing to stay at the Courtyard Long Beach Downtown on your most recent visit to Long Beach. We greatly appreciate your feedback and glowing review as we strive to deliver a memorable experience for every guest. As you mentioned we were making improvements to our restaurant during your last stay and we are pleased to announce that James Republic is now OPEN! We hope to see you again soon here at the Courtyard.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I have been extremely impressed with the quality and service at this hotel. I am about halfway through my stay and have enjoyed it so much that I wanted to share my experience as soon as possible. The entire staff has been very friendly and helpful. I chose this hotel due to the affordable rate and proximity to the convention center, and it has exceeded my expectations.

I found the room to be very clean and very comfortable. The bed, pillows, and sheets are all high quality and very comfy. The water pressure is excellent. The bathroom is very well lit and has abundant counter space. There is ample desk space and the outlets are in convenient places (on lamps) so I haven't needed to dive behind nightstands and headboards to charge my phone like in other hotels. The housekeeping staff has been very helpful and has managed to clean my room every day despite my tendency to hang around the room during normal cleaning hours. Coin operated laundry facilities are available. The AC unit is relatively quiet and well-controled by the thermostat. The fridge is quiet, and a large bottle of water was provided.

The restaurant is not currently open due to renovation but a variety of snacks, packaged meal items, and beverages are available next to the front desk. The front desk staff offered to bring up a microwave to my room if needed. The pool is small but nicely maintained. It's sandwiched in between buildings which isn't incredibly scenic, but worked nicely as a windbreaker while sunbathing on a cooler sunny day.

The parking garage is convenient. I didn't realize this until too late, but they have an on-site Hertz rental car option that I wish I would have used. They also offer free bike rentals.

I will definitely stay here again if I return to Long Beach!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed April 20, 2013

Hello, my review is based on the customer service I received while attenting a seminar on Thursday April 18, 2013. I went into the seminar at the hotel and listened to the first part of the seminar during our break I inquired about parking valadation. I went to the front desk and was told it was 12.00 and the event didn't get any break on the price.

I know the Long Beach area and know I could find parking close to the area for under that price and I was not happy that we were not getting any kind of price break for attending the seminar and not seeing anything that stated the long term pricing was 12.00. I brought this to the attention of Kristen M. who informed my of the rules I just stated, but the twist is she told that if I wanted to move my car know they would take care of it. Now I had already been there for about 90 minutes and I told her this, her reply was that is fine if you want to move your car let me know I will take care of it.

I went out side the hotel and looked around and thought about moving my car and returning for the second half of my seminar. I then thought about what she had offered, knowing I had already been there 90 minutes telling me I could just leave. I thought that was great customer service the fact that she would rather have someone have a good experience at her hotel rather that getting me for 12.00, I find that refreshing. I found it so refreshing that I'm writing this letter of endorsment and would visit this hotel again I'm really happy with the customer services of your organization

Kerwin Session

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
We are pleased to hear that our Front Desk staff were more than willng to accomodate when you brought your parking concern to our attention. We hope that your time in Long Beach was enjoyable and that you will visit us again soon! Thank you for sharing.
Redditch
Reviewed April 18, 2013

I spent 10 days there in February.

It's clean, the staff are always willing to help.

Convenient for the Arts district and only a 10 minute walk from the main restaurant area.

The rooms were pleasant and had everything you need. Even had coffee in the room

Breakfast was a bit basic but they were being refurbished so I can forgive that.

Overall a very pleasant stay. I would go again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Wellington, New Zealand
Reviewed April 8, 2013

We searched for an affordable quality hotel in Long beach and Courtyard Marriot came up trumps! Three nights stopover just to see the sights and for a visit to Catalina island. Staff helpful, rooms tidy and just big enough, and they gave us free breakfast (the hotel was undergoing some alterations so maybe free breakfasts wont last). Great location and safe surroundings, in fact walking the main streets to get to restaraunts felt safe all the time. Thanks

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Marietta, Georgia
Reviewed April 8, 2013

The hotel staff was friendly, the location was ok (about 2 blocks in from the main drag of hotels), and the room was a standard Courtyard room. The restaurant was under renovation, so they offered a free continental breakfast just off the lobby which was nice, but the whole hotel could use a little modernization.

For the price though, I couldn't complain.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Vancouver
Reviewed March 27, 2013

Thank you.We have just completed our 49 day cruise around South America.Our stay at your property,pre cruise,set the tone for a wonderful experience.All of the group were happy with the hotel.It was very comfortable,clean, well located and met all of our needs.The front desk staff were amazing.Everyone was most efficient at check in and friendly and informative during our stay.
The breakfast each morning was wonderful.Please extend my thanks and that of all our group to the staff and management.
We would highly recommend your hotel to others.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
GeneralManagerR_13, General Manager at Courtyard Long Beach Downtown, responded to this review, April 5, 2013
Thank you for choosing to stay at the Courtyard Long Beach Downtown in conjunction with your cruise. Your feedback is valuable and we appreciate you taking the time to recognize our associates and service. We are glad to hear you enjoyed the current breakfast and hope that you'll be able to visit us again once the new restaurant is open! Thank you again.