“Great hotel!”

Ranked #15 of 56 Hotels in Long Beach
Indio, California
“Great hotel!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2012

Perfect hotel, great staff, and fantastic location. Easy walks to many different local shops, cafes, and restaurants which all boast different choices for a great meal. Nicholas was kind enough to give me and my wife complimentary parking & a one morning of breakfast at the buffet as we were on our honey-moon. Rooms were neat, clean, and tidy, A/C worked great, and there was adequate water-pressure in the shower at all times. Though we didn't use the couch, it has a fold out bed which would be good for one or two more people probably. Definitely would stay again! 5 stars!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
Santa Maria, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2012

Dated hotel in a nice location.
Hotel is convientantly located downtown, walking distance to most restraunts, convention center and other attractions. Staff was very friendly and lobby was warm and welcoming. There is a restraunt on site, but I did not eat there. Rooms were okay, nothing special, air conditioning system is old and noisy, had a mini balcony, beds were comfortable, bathrooms were small but accomodating, parking onsite available for $12 which I thought was fair considering the location. The area was quiet at night and appeared to be safe, there is security in the lobby after hours. recommendation: if you enjoy walking and running, do not go north, the area gets rough pretty quick.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2012 via mobile

This hotel is just what you'd expect from a Courtyard. Well kept, clean, and a friendly staff. WiFi in the hotel had good bandwidth, the room was a good size, and the bed was very comfortable. Like most Courtyards, the couch in the room was very uncomfortable (the cushions seem too small for the frame), but that wasn't a huge problem for me. My only complaint about this hotel was breakfast. The food on the buffet could've been fresher. The selection also wasn't great. The worst part was that my table was very sticky. Like tore my newspaper sticky. It was kind of gross. I didn't realize this until I had my food and sat down. There wasn't another table available and I was running late, so I managed. Otherwise, a perfectly nice Courtyard.

Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Woodland Hills, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2012

It's just a nice normal hotel with friendly people, decent sized rooms, good value, very comfy beds and a decent view from our top-floor room. Great neighborhood. There's a coffee shop 1/2 block away called The Village Grind which was also friendly and great.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
sc
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2012

Our family stayed at this hotel for our family reunion July 2012! In planning a reunion, you always worry if family members are going to like and enjoy everything you've planned. Everyone in our family was overjoyed - from the location of the hotel - right in the heart of the "Long Beach happenings," - to the friendly and accomodating staff. Because most family members traveled from the east coast, they added extra days making it a real vacation - some stayed as long as 10 days, and the hotel gave us all the same group rate for the extra days. Many family members stated they are returning to the area again and will be staying at the same location as it was perfect for everything.

Room Tip: You don't want to be near the service elevator. We did have to request a different room after t...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Arlington, Massachusetts
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2012

I'll preface this review with the fact that I just finished up attending a conference by myself and had to do a presentation, and I was incredibly stressed out and nervous and all sorts of other not happy feelings.

I definitely was not wow-ed by the condition of the hotel, it felt run down, which brings it to 4 stars in my book, not 5.

I specifically requested a down-free room (I'm allergic), you can indicate your preferences when you book the room through their website. Both beds had 3 feather pillows still on them and each had 2 non-feather pillows. Sure, I could have called to get them switched out. But I was exhausted, so I just tossed all the feather pillows onto the bed I wasn't using, we're now at 3 stars.

I went to wash up and saw a blue mark on one of the hand towels, looked like toothpaste, kinda like what my boyfriend leaves on our towels at home after wiping his toothbrush. YUCK. There was a small hole in the ceiling in the bathroom, and one of the bath towels had 3 spots of something on it. In the end, I had the heebie jeebies and was grateful I was able to reach a friend to spend the next night with her. 2 stars now.

I've stayed at Courtyard's before, and this was a very disappointing experience. My friends from Cali tell me it's just par for the course for it being Long Beach, ah well.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Sophia C
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2012

Not a great ocean view, but it's reasonably priced and clean. The staff was nice and room was comfortable.

Stayed August 2011, traveled on business