“Reasonably priced and decent” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn Near Long Beach Airport

Quality Inn Near Long Beach Airport
Ranked #34 of 57 Hotels in Long Beach
Flagstaff, Arizona
“Reasonably priced and decent”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014

I and a friend stayed one night here. It was decent, pretty clean (there was a juice and a beer left in the refrigerator--made me wonder what else hadn't been checked). It was pretty quiet and they serve breakfast, although we didn't try it. My main concerns when traveling are cleanliness and safety and this place was fine on both counts.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Salt Lake City, Utah
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2014

The park and cruise deal offered by this Quality Inn is a decent value, but please know that this motel is old and in some sort of a process of being upgraded. Some of the rooms have been/are being updated, but the others are a mish-mash of 1960s to current convenience.

Room Tip: This motel is on a fairly busy street (PCH 1), so if highway noise bothers you, get a room in the ba...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank MillcreekUT
QILONGBEACH, General Manager at Quality Inn Near Long Beach Airport, responded to this review, July 1, 2015
Hello there MillcreekUT,
Thank you for giving us your feedback, I am glad that you enjoyed most your stay with us. I do understand that at the time of your stay we were not done with renovations, but I am proud to inform you that as of today we are done. We are just doing some finishing touches and I hope that you chose to stay with us again. The Park and Cruise Package is of great convenience to both you and our hotel and I am glad that you feel you got the value for your money. I hope that you chose to stay with us again and keep enjoying our great value. Thank you again and see you soon!!
Moreno Valley, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2014

My wife and I stayed here in February of this year because of the "park and cruise" deal. It was way cheaper then if I had parked it in the garage at the port and less hassle since you will get a shuttle to your cruise and back to the hotel once you get back from your cruise. All in all, that was the main reason I booked this hotel because for the price I paid it pretty much gave us a hotel free for the night, considering that it would have cost more the other route so what the hell.

As for the room, all they had left or so they said and would not budge on was a smoking room! I don't smoke and neither does my wife so we had to use an air freshener because it was so bad. The bed was clean, the shower was ok, the iron worked and the night was quiet so thats all I really needed until we set sail.

Would I stay again without the cruise deal? Maybe not. But if I go cruising again, I will park here and stay but I will make sure I get the room I need before I book.

2 Thank Neal Q
QILONGBEACH, General Manager at Quality Inn Near Long Beach Airport, responded to this review, June 25, 2015
Hello Neal, thank you for your feedback and comments, they are appreciated and noted. I would like to personally let you know that, since your stay, we have done away with all Smoking rooms and now proudly only have Non Smoking rooms. We have finished remodeling all rooms and are now just doing some small finishing touches. We encourage you to give us another opportunity to host as we believe we will meet your expectations. Thank you and hope to see you soon.
Phoenix, Arizona
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2014

Bottom line first, keep your expectations low, bring Lysol and you won’t be too disappointed. The expanded version follows. Honestly, we booked this room for the “Park and Cruise $100” deal, and because my wife worked for Quality Suites a long time ago. It seemed like a really good deal, especially since parking at the cruise terminal would have cost us more than $100. And besides all we needed was a place to sleep, get up and got to the cruise terminal. Like most good deals, sometimes they are too good to be true. It wasn’t so bad for us, because I read the reviews on here and went prepared for what we found. The area around the hotel was probably a nice area 30 years ago, but I wouldn’t go out after dark now. The clerk at the front desk was polite but seemed impatient that we were there early before 3 o’clock check in. The rooms are extremely outdated and the rooms are in the shape of a “U” around the parking. There is literally a strip mall in the middle of the parking lot, weird but the pizza place is good. The room itself was old, musty, dark and dirty. There were (black) stains on the bedspread, the curtains and both armchairs. The carpet was crusty in spots. The pillows very small and the bathroom looked like it wasn’t cleaned from the last guests. The maids didn’t seem to speak English when we asked them to “touch” it up, but the guy at the front desk apologized and took care of things. The pool and Jacuzzi are dated, but hold water and the Jacuzzi was warm. At night it seemed like local kids from the neighborhood were hanging out, drinking, smoking and playing football in the parking lot and in the pool area. We parked our car up by the front entry because it did not seem safe. No guards, no fences and a lot of out of state license plates sitting for days. After the cruise we were told to call when we got off the ship to get picked up, so we did. When the bellman got there 35 minutes later he didn’t check names and loaded some other guests, who had just walked up and not called yet. He apologized but we still had to wait for an hour for him to get back again since the other folks refused to get out of the van. When we called the hotel, the front desk clerk did offer to pay for our taxi back. We would not return to this hotel.

• Stayed March 2014
    • 1 of 5 stars
1 Thank Desertnorseman
QILONGBEACH, General Manager at Quality Inn Near Long Beach Airport, responded to this review, March 28, 2014
Thank you for your comments. We accommodate many guests each evening, and we strive to make their stay a safe and satisfying one. We apologize that we were not able to match up to your expectations. We will take your comments and take the necessary efforts to improve our hotel for future lodgers, such as yourself. We hope that this experience does not deter you from selecting Choice Properties in the future.
Richfield, Utah
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2014

If you have to stay in Long Beach and you have a really tight budget than this place would be a good choice. Hotel is right off Pacific Highway (although in Long Beach you are inland not on coast.) Rooms were spacious, had fridge, microwave, flat screen TV, hairdryer, toiletries. Beds were hard, towels were thin. Our original room, 219, had stains on the carpet and draperies. It just seemed outdated and gross. The front desk changed us to another room with newer carpet that was much cleaner. This room would have been a much better first impression. Front desk staff was very nice. They explained that construction workers stay here sometimes and that may explain all the black stains. I think those rooms should be reserved for construction workers! Lobby had a nice cozy living room-type sitting area with TV. Hot tub was the most disgusting I've seen--yellow/brown tint of water compared to the blue green pool. I wouldn't swim in it but our kids did and said their swimsuits stunk after. Breakfast was minimal but adequate--2 kinds of cereal, a bowl of fruit, bagels, toast, danishes, hard boiled eggs, sausage, and a waffle maker.
There was a really good little Italian takeout restaurant on the grounds as well as a coffee/donut shop and hotel is across the street from Dollar Store. Neighborhood was not a very nice area but what I expected of Long Beach. I did not feel safe outside the hotel grounds. Housekeeping staff and front desk were very nice. They gave us directions and advice about the nearest beaches. Seal beach is a short drive away and we enjoyed a sunrise there. Overall, this would be okay for a family or friends or a business on a tight budget. If you can spend more do it. I would not recommend as a romantic getaway.

Room Tip: Do not get the room the construction workers stay in 2 or 319 I think.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Lauracello
QILONGBEACH, Manager at Quality Inn Near Long Beach Airport, responded to this review, March 21, 2014
Thank you for your comments. We accommodate many guests each evening, and we strive to make their stay a safe and satisfying one. We apologize that we were not able to match up to your expectations. We have noted your comments and will take corrective measures to alleviate to the best of our ability any future comments.
Tempe, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2014

This is our fourth stay at this property. We cruise a lot and this is the best place we have found to ‘park and cruise’. The hotel shuttles you to/from the ship. We park our car on the property and we feel our vehicle is safe. We have never had a glitch with any services!! This property has a Laundromat on site. This was great. We also enjoyed the on-site spa. We had a four day cruise. We shuttle back to the hotel from our cruise and stay the night. I was able to wash some clothes. The next morning we shuttled back to the cruise terminal and hopped on a 7 day cruise. The rooms are older but the property is clean and safe. There is a Subway, Pizza establishment and mini-store in the same parking lot of the hotel. Across the street (very short walk) is a dollar store and Del Taco. I have recommended this hotel to other friends and family. I have received positive feedback when they return from their cruise. The front desk staff is excellent and wonderful. YES…we will stay there again. I have already booked a room for our upcoming April cruise.

Room Tip: If you are handicapped please remember to request a downstairs room. The accessible rooms only hav...
1 Thank FrequentAZCruiser
QILONGBEACH, General Manager at Quality Inn Near Long Beach Airport, responded to this review, March 8, 2014
Thank you for your comments. We accommodate many guests each evening, and we strive to make their stay a safe and satisfying one. We appreciate your kind comments and we look forward to having you stay with us again. Thank you again.
Irvine, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2014

Stayed for one night before our cruise. Hotel room was very dated in terms of condition and furniture. Every time someone turned on the sink you could hear a VERY loud squeaking noise. Very distracting if you are a light sleeper. The flatscreen tv and cable were the only up to date items. The coffeemaker was broken and not heating water properly. The floors felt soggy and definitely needed a cleaning. Breakfast was just ok. After the cruise, the front desk took down my cell phone # incorrectly. I would suggest waiting right inside the parking lot so you can't miss it. Other than that the shuttle van was adequate and our car was secure. In terms of location, there are no shops within walking distance but the area seemed relatively safe.

If you do your research you can find park and cruise deals for very similar prices at better establishments with full breakfasts. Still a good value, but I would probably not stay again.

• 3 of 5 stars
QILONGBEACH, Manager at Quality Inn Near Long Beach Airport, responded to this review, March 2, 2014
Also consider these accommodations in or near Long Beach
Econo Lodge Near Stub Hub Center
Quality Inn Near Downey Studios
Comfort Inn & Suites near Long Beach Convention Center
Quality Inn & Suites Bell Gardens

Been to Quality Inn Near Long Beach Airport? Share your experiences!