“Great Hotel, breakfast and friendly staff!!”

Best Western Of Long Beach
Ranked #7 of 58 Hotels in Long Beach
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed April 2, 2013

I have been staying here since February on business, this hotel has excellent accomodations and friendly fast services. All of their attendants are very accomodating and friendly, Sam took care of my room every week, after work I was in my room within five minutes of checking in. The price I received was an excellent value.. I've stayed in some four star hotels and this hotel ranks very high on my list of hotels in the Long Beach area. There's free breakfast, large rooms, free parking, you can't beat this hotel for the price. Definitely recommend to those who are traveling.

Room Tip: Don't be afraid to ask for the best room, the staff is very accomodating.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (1,002)

Reviewed March 31, 2013

We had already checked in for our cruise when we realised we had forgotton our meds in the fridge at this hotel. We called the front desk of the hotel & they efficiently sent it to the cruise ship via their free shuttle service and connected with the cruise ship staff which delivered it to our room - very impressive. The staff was very polite & professional.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
1  Thank Frances D
Reviewed March 31, 2013

Long Beach Best Western was a very nice place to stay compared to everywhere else around here. I stayed up the street around the corner and somebody was always around to bother me. Nick and Brian at the counter took care of everything and nobody bothered me. They showed me my room before I got it and made sure eveything was straight and upgraded me just for the heck of it. There was not alot of people so instead of staying in a regular $89.00 room I got to stay in the suite for the same rate. What was even better than that was that the person next door to me was a female and we both went to dinner at Famous Daves for free. Thanks Best Western!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 30, 2013

Stayed here last December before going on a cruise. Really appreciated Martin, the van driver and recognized him when he arrived at the airport to shuttle us to the hotel on our latest trip. He was very kind and got us to the hotel as planned with the hotel fee for airport shuttle and also to the port for another cruise. This time had lunch at the airport and then we got food at the airport to take to the hotel for dinner so we didn't have to walk around the neighborhood. It is a pretty shaddy area for two elderly women, so just stayed inside until the next morning for the van drive to the cruise port. Checked into the hotel early and was accommodated with a room in the back where it is quite. Breakfast is adequate--just like most hotels that serve a hot one not just continental. The staff during the day are very friendly at the desk. I did have questions at night and found the two men on duty not as friendly. If we take another cruise, we will defintely stay at this hotel the night before the cruise. A suggestion for the hotel management would be to provide shuttle service to locations within a 5 mile radius of the hotel. Many other hotels offer that service but not this one.

Room Tip: Request a room in the back on one of the top floors. This would be the most quiet location.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Ckahre
Reviewed March 24, 2013 via mobile

Check in and check out was fast but the staff were cold and distant . No smiles noted , just got the job done kind of thing. Almost like they are not happy to have your business , efficient but not welcoming . Rooms were "ok" , not the cleanest and not the best , just ok . Breakfast was not bad , nothing special . Parking in the hotel and being shuttled to the Carnival port was very convenient . Coming back from the cruise, the driver refused to come back for another trip for us and we were ok to be with another family in the van - to conserve time and gas - until we were all cramped in the van and the other people we were with were sneezing and coughing all over the van ! Oh well , such is life , we took the situation in stride . To make it worse , the driver talked to the other family and did NOT even acknowledge us or talk to us - until I gave him his tip then he did ! My family and I travel a lot for leisure and we have experienced costumer service of all sorts - this hotel ranks low in my list ...

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank Marmar67
Reviewed March 22, 2013

We stayed here for 1 night before our 4 night cruise. The room was a decent size and clean. Hotel offeres free wi-fi but this is flaky at best. The only thing that I can really say was wrong and this was only my opinion is the bed was far too soft. I have a bad back and neck and the bed played havok with it. Free breakfast in the morning was decent and the hotel offers a shuttle to the cruise port and they will let you park your car at the hotel for a reasonable fee. All in a decent hotel for a decent price

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 18, 2013

We stayed at this Best western for long weekend. All we have to say is good things about staying at this Best Western. Staff was really helpful, rooms were clean, overall environment was great. When visiting Long Beach do check out this Hotel.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family