“Horrible”

Best Western Of Long Beach
Ranked #7 of 58 Hotels in Long Beach
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed January 19, 2013

Got verbally assaulted and threatened by another guest at the hotel in the lobby waiting for the elevator before I even got to the room. It was so bad I felt like my life was in danger. I went back to the front desk and asked to be switched to another best Western and was told there were no refunds. I asked to talk to a manager and he said he was the manager. I left immediately and wasted my $120 before I even stepped foot in the room. I am a rewards member too and will definitely never stay at a Best Westen again.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western
1  Thank RYAN R
Write a ReviewReviews (1,010)

Reviewed January 18, 2013

Its been awhile since I've written a review on this Hotel...Its become our Home away from home when were in Long Beach...Our preferred Hotel to stay at...and now with the renovations done, Painting and new carpeting done...Its as good as any "new Hotel"
No this Hotel is not in the best neighborhood! But I feel my car and ourselves are very safe..The staff here is the best and will take care of your every need just for the asking.
We travel a lot, and stay the Gambit of Hotels including 5 star...If all Hotels were like this Best Western we would always be happy...
Were just Thankful when we do have to come to Long Beach for Doctor appointments we have our home away from home

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 15, 2013

When I had a travelling job (on the road 99% on my FT job), we would either get booked at BW or a Choice hotel or sometimes a 5 star one, if we get lucky :)

I just stayed here a week ago for a night on a brief visit in Long Beach. I got a discount from my employer and I know I can count on Best Western's cleanliness. I just want a clean room to spend the night, with wifi and some solitued. BW got that for me. And oh I forgot my toothbrush and toothpaste, so I called the Front Desk and in less than 3 mins they were already knocking on my door.

I am a budget traveller and BW just fits within my budget. And I get to sleep tight for the night. Thanks for making this hotel clean. Sorry I've repeated that word a few times already but hey, you gotta give credit to the staff who makes your bed ya know!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed January 15, 2013

Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Reviewed January 14, 2013

Cheap and cheerless. Price was good and day staff friendly. Evening/night staff were anything but. Area is not the best but easy access to Long Beach on the tram. Breakfast was pretty lame and the plastic bowls, plates, cutlery added to the sense of cheap, as did the extremely limited space and long queues to get a slice of toast. Musty smell in the corridors, rooms not bad except not very sound proof so people moving in the room upstairs may as well be walking on top of you. It was cheap though!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
mikesandhu, Manager at Best Western Of Long Beach, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2013

We're truly grateful that you took the time to share your recent experience, as the detail that you've provided will give us the opportunity to get a clear perspective of our guest's time at the Best Western of Long Beach. We do regret that your experience with us did not match the high standards of customer service that we have set and can assure you that your comments will be shared with the head of our customer care department, your comments on inconsistencies that you experienced at our Breakfast room and will use as an opportunity to strengthen our commitment to providing the best in service for each of our guests with new variety and presentation. The frustration that you must have felt in our breakfast room is understandable and we regret any inconveniences that you experienced during your stay. As a Value Guest, we hope that you will someday allow us the opportunity to welcome you back and provide you with the perfect accommodations as we have finish remodelations to make our breakdfast room enjoyable, Thank you.

Reviewed December 28, 2012

We stayed one night prior to taking a cruise. Due to our earlier flight being cancelled, we did not arrive at the BW until after midnight. Despite the late hour, the front desk was friendly and helpful and our room was exactly as booked. The room was clean and spacious. There were two beds, a table for four, a microwave and a refrigerator, a desk, and a chest with the tv. The bathroom was very big and plenty of room in the shower. Everything was dated but clean and the beds were very comfortable! The view was horrid and the neighborhood is pretty much as described by other reviewers but we were not there to walk the streets and otherwise felt safe. I will say that my husband walked to a small store in the morning and was not anxious about doing so. He said he asked some men for help and they were very kind and helpful. The breakfast the next morning was very basic/limited but we expected as much and as we were about to go on a cruise this was not an issue for us. They did have cereal, fruit, yogurt, and danish - and for us (my husband and I traveled with our two young daughters 5 and 4) this was fine. The shuttle bus to the port left on time and was very convenient for us. If I were taking another cruise out of Long Beach, I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank debradefreyn
Reviewed December 25, 2012

We stayed overnight on way to a Carnival Cruise. The staff were all pleasant and friendly. Martin and Marco lead the way to a comfortable and safe stay for me and my my family. Thank-you. We will stay again.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family