Review Highlights
2020 Mexican Rivera Cruise

Booked a one way shuttle from Carnival Long beach Port to LAX, communicated with us just before we... read more

Reviewed February 27, 2020
Majesty53
Austin, Texas
Great but....

I booked this transportation for a group of 10 from Long Beach to the Port and back. Great Service... read more

Reviewed February 21, 2020
timdean3
Rodeo, California

Top Selling Tours & Activities in and around Long Beach
from $83.50
More Info
All reviews shuttle service return ride lax driver lyft
Selected filters
Reviewed November 27, 2015

This was the first time we used this company for a transfer from the San Pedro cruise port to LAX. We pre booked with them on line and communication was great. On the day, we got off the ship earlier than expected and tried to contact the company to let them know. I left a phone message and texted them and got no reply. I waited 30 minutes and rang again and someone answered the phone this time. Our shuttle arrived about 5 minutes later.

The vehicle was clean and the driver courteous.

I was under the impression that the shuttle was a private shuttle, however we had to share our ride with another couple off the ship. No big deal, but I thought "Private and Direct Transportation" was just that. We were still charged the full amount of $60 each.

Date of experience: November 2015
PaylessShuttle562, Manager at Payless Airport Shuttle, responded to this reviewResponded January 11, 2016

Thanks for taking the time to give us a review. Sorry about the phone call situation. Sometimes the lines get busy when passengers are getting off the ship. To clarify, your booking that you booked it is a direct service. Private service is a bit more, but they are two separate services. They are not the same. Hope that clarifies are questions and we appreciate your business and your time!

Reviewed November 13, 2015

I arranged for a Payless shuttle to pick up our group of 10 people at San Pedro cruise terminal at 8:15am. After several communications with Payless when we could not see the van they realized they had sent the van to the other cruise terminal. They said they would be there in 10 minutes but as it was 8:45 by then we were worried about missing our 11:30am flight as we had been told by the airline to allow 3 hours at LAX so cancelled the van and got taxis. We were told they had a 6 hr cancellation policy and so would still charge my Visa $120. So, their mistake, no apology and we get charged. They did finally offer to refund the gratuity part of the charge. My suggestion is to pay more and avoid Payless.

Date of experience: November 2015
1  Thank Islandsenior
Reviewed October 21, 2015 via mobile

You should reconsider booking with Payless. When I arrived there was only 1 person and at least 20 people in line. Fox had multiple counters open and were servicing people quickly.
They don't have enough shuttles running either. It is an hour process.
On our return, the driver stopped several times and seemed to not care about people making flights.
It may be cheap, but if there is another option for a little more, it's worth it.

Date of experience: October 2015
2  Thank roadie18
PaylessShuttle562, Manager at Payless Airport Shuttle, responded to this reviewResponded February 1, 2016

As stated above in our ad, we are NOT PAYLESS CAR RENTAL. This is the wrong review for the wrong company. We have asked to have it remove because we are not the rental car company. We are a shuttle for "HIRE".

Reviewed October 18, 2015

Booked with Payless for a family party of 10 to go from LAX to Anaheim/return in October. My initial email was promptly answered in Sept. when I first inquired as to service and price. I called to book over the phone with credit card info, etc and was treated quickly and professionally. All my questions were answered. Once at LAX, the process is to call or text upon deplaning and then again once you have your luggage. As I was exiting the aircraft, I received a text from Payless asking if we had arrived! I answered the text and was messaged back in a few minutes telling me to text again once we had our luggage. Once our luggage was claimed, I texted and was immediatly told to step outside onto the sidewalk, (do NOT cross the street!) and look for a silver van #111, which will arrive in about 5 min. The van showed up about 5 min. later and we loaded and were on our way. Total cost of 180.00 USD (includes gratuity) for 10 of us one way and I paid with my credit card once we were at our hotel. Driver was excellent and proffessional and gave driver extra gratuity as well. The night before pick up at our hotel to go back to LAX I texted Payless to confirm our pickup time the next morning and received a reply a short time later saying that everything was confirmed and our driver will be there for 7:30am pick up. Driver showed up by 7:20, loaded us up and had us to the airport in under 30 min! (Gave her an extra gratuity as well!) Vans were clean, in good shape and safe. Service from inquiries and booking as well as drivers was excellent. I know this is just one party of 10 with only one use of their service, but I don't think that I would choose any other service in the future because of the great service and value that we received from Payless. Good job, gang!!

Date of experience: October 2015
Reviewed October 16, 2015

Based on some others' comments, I was a little nervous about using a service which costs so much less than the "name brands." It proved to be unfounded. The shuttle arrived at the pick-up area soon after we did. There was only a short wait, and no high pressure to upgrade or buy insurance (as there has been with other companies), and we were on our way. Our return was just as painless. I would definitely recommend Payless as a good car rental agency.

Date of experience: September 2015