“Never go there !!!!”

Ranked #46 of 55 Hotels in Long Beach
Pampa, Texas
“Never go there !!!!”
Reviewed July 18, 2011

NEVER, NEVER, NEVER go to this motel !!!! I booked 9 night by Expedia and I spent just 1 day. In the first one they moved me to the different motel which was terrible - dirty with bugs. Next day I spent there just one night because at the morning manager KICKED ME OUT from the room saying they have wall paintings. He told me that he was talking with Expedia and they are arranging another motel for me – it wasn’t true and I didn’t have any accommodation. Expedia didn’t help us, and I didn’t have any refunding – they even didn’t say sorry. So if You can choose don’t go there and be careful with Expedia – after 3 days calling they pick up the phone.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Buffalo, New York
Reviewed June 12, 2011

We're staying at this hotel today in june 2011.... we arrived a little early at about 1130... we walked up to the check in booth and were nastily told we were too early and could not check in until 3 pm... even though the lot was completely empty except for 1 car... we have huge bags going on a cruise the following day... it showed on their website check in at 2 pm .... when we returned he checked us in after fighting for it... all I can say is.. the customer service is horrible... I was never greeted... never given a smile... just checked in angrily.. I felt like it was a fight and I was putting him out... I work for an airline and I travel all the time... I have never been treated so coldly at a motel.... the rooms are very small... but pretty clean and pretty quiet.... they give you too little waters... and a small bag of goodies.. which I think is nice.... so basically as long as you don't mind being treated like crap it is a fair price for the money... hope this helps... I honestly would have booked elsewhere

• Stayed June 2011
2 Thank shelaila

Travelers are raving about these Long Beach hotels

Rosamond
Reviewed February 15, 2011

We had to upgrade for $15 a night after already paying the $130 for 2 nights because the room we had was NOT smoke free! The rooms are discusting, tv reception is poor quality! There were ants in the shower, staines on the sheets and the beds were crazy hard. If we could have got our money back we would not have stayed there. NEVER again and the manager wanted us to gice a 5out of 5 review! No way! Seriously save yourself some money! I wish that the other reviews would have said that being that I had made reservations based on tthem. Also there was a crack in the room #103 from one section of the room to the other. The rooms look nothing like the pictures! This is definately pest in!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank cajenkins1979
CARLTONMOTELLB, General Manager at Carlton Motel Long Beach, responded to this review, February 22, 2011
The $15.00 fee was paid since the guest came to the window and wanted the deluxe room after they had booked the standerd room. The guest stayed with the hotel for two nights, when the GM went to talk to the guest the 2nd night to ask if everything was ok the guest responded "Yes its all fine". We at the hotel think if theres a problem with the room please bring it to the staff so we can fix it or change the room to a new room. We wounldnt have know this unless the guest tell us at the hotel and we will make every effort to fix the problem.
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed June 10, 2010

There were no problems or issues with our stay. The place was nice and clean. It was a good place for the money we paid.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Investorshm, Guest Relations Manager at Carlton Motel Long Beach, responded to this review, November 18, 2010
The Carlton Motel appreciates your feedback regarding your recent stay. The Carlton Motel has recently upgraded the guestrooms and we are always glad to hear our guests' comments. We hope to see you again on your next visit to the Long Beach area.
Canberra
Reviewed May 3, 2010

Far better than we expected from other reviews. Rooms are small but clean and well appointed for a budget motel, with fridge and microwave. Staff were friendly. We would happily stay here again.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank CLBCanberra
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and we greatly appreciate your kind words. The newly remodeled guestrooms have been warmly received by our guests and our staff takes great pride in the quality of our motel. I will be sure to pass on your review to our staff as they will certainly be pleased.
Riverside, California
Reviewed July 6, 2008

If you read a good review, it must have been written by the owners. The room was not even close to being clean...found a hair and sand in the bed when we pulled back the sheets. there was a 1/4 inch of toilet paper left on the roll, I asked the manager for a roll, he told me that I have enough, but I insisted and he did give me a roll. I also told him that there was only one wash cloth.....at which time he explained that even if there was four people, you get only one wash cloth. ( I don't know how you could ever get 4 people in those tiny rooms) No micro wave, and no breakfast that I ever saw.

• Liked — I really didn't like it at all
  • Disliked — The atitude of the manager...one wash cloth and couldn't get a second
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
CARLTONMOTELLB, Owner at Carlton Motel Long Beach, responded to this review, November 16, 2010
The hotel has gone thru new ownership and management as of Jan 2010. As you can see the most recent reviews have been much better than anything from 2008. We have all staff and have redone all the rooms from top to bottom!
New York
Reviewed April 24, 2008

The rooms are teeny tiny, the beds rock hard. The much-vaunted plasma TV in my room didn't work, and there was no continental breakfast.

Worst of all, I was double-billed for my stay, and management refused to accept responsibility or make it right before I left.

Stayed April 2008
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.The Carlton Motel has recently upgraded the guestrooms which feature a clean modern decor with several new amenities including Free high speed internet. The friendly staff would like to welcome you back during your next visit to Long Beach and we can assure you that the issues mentioned have been completely resolved.