“Great stay. Great service”

BEST WESTERN PLUS Hotel at the Convention Center
Ranked #8 of 56 Hotels in Long Beach
New York City, New York
“Great stay. Great service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2013 via mobile

Clean, friendly. Free wifi. GREAT value. Walking distance to everything. We paid 128 for the night. The breakfast is weak, but plenty to eat in the area. The room was nice and the bathroom was nice. Clean. Clean. Clean

Stayed August 2013
2 Thank charles s

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
National City, California, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2013

I really just wanted to say thank you to Maria at the front desk. She was most helpful when I really needed someone with knowledge of around the area the freeway , really anything I asked she had an answer for me.And when I went down for breakfast sat morning she was there .So She came in on her day off.I really hope that Maria is valued to you as she was to me and my stay there.The hallways were wonderful to be in. The smell and the music made it relaxing and enjoyable. It would have been nice to have a small refrigerator in the room, instead of filling up a bucket with ice all night ,every time the ice melted.See I need to have milk.And the window was screwed shut so i had to use the air. Excuse me the window would open up about 3 to 4 inches. why?????? you need to give Maria a good raise so she will stay with you.That's what I think thank you for the wonderful stay . The pool area was way tooo hot for me to go in at any time of the day I tryed.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Adelanto, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2013

This is a great hotel, the staff is friendly and the service is wonderful. The continental breakfast is a nice added convenience whether your trip is for business or pleasure. Our grandchildren loved the Texas shaped waffle maker.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Stockton, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2013

Nice hotel for the money. We loved the granite counter tops, the comfy beds and super soft linens. They also had a pretty good breakfast that came with the room. All total, a very nice hotel experience.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Saint Charles, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2013

Apparently, this hotel doesn't understand the concept that a towel is used to clean yourself and they need to be laundered. Upon checkout, I was charged $39.50 for the cleaning of their white towels. I was never informed that if there was a little makeup on a towel, I would basically have to purchase it. i would have brought my own. I called the hotel manager, Ann Santos, who did not return my call. I had to call her again to discuss this issue. She was nothing less than helpful. I called the corporate customer careline and was informed that they could do nothing. My room was neat and tidy. I made my own bed every morning. i would not recommend this hotel. And if you do, bring your own towels.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

3 Thank Stacy B
Anne_Santos, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Hotel at the Convention Center, responded to this review, August 28, 2013
Dear Stacy,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I’m sorry to hear your comments, unfortunately the resolution that we offered was not to your satisfaction. We take great precaution with our guest amenities and in making sure that the amenities in our rooms are not stained. Therefore, when there are items such as our linens that have stains that were caused during the guest’s stay, the guest is charged for the replacement of those items. The items in question were laundered five times and we refunded your card for the items that we were able to remove the stains from.

On the date in question I had stepped out of my office and I wasn’t back until you called back. I apologize for the inconvenience that it caused you and it if made you feel that we did not care. Every guest call is important to us and I try to answer them, when I am either out of the office or in a meeting it may take a couple of hours for me to call back; however, I do try to call back as soon as I am back in the office.

Please be assured that we take to heart all of the comments provided by our guests, they tell us what we are doing right and what we need to improve on.

Kind Regards,

Anne Santos
Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2013

Can't say enough about this hotel & the excellent staff members JoAnne and Miriam ! Great job ladies !! Stayed here while in town for a martial arts event at the Pyramid (California State University - Long Beach).

Upon arrival, hotel was 15 minutes from airport and underground parking was available as noted on the website. Hotel is located a few blocks from the convention center, shops, restaurants and the beach are within walking distance (10 minutes). Queen Mary is a short drive and Huntington/Laguna Beach areas were 1/2 to 1 hour away. Easy access to Los Angeles (1/2 hour), Santa Monica pier (45 mins) etc.

Factor in L.A traffic to your travels plans if heading North.

Staff was available to provide MapQuest directions, restaurant suggestions and a friendly smile. Rooms were as promised, cleaned properly and serviced efficiently. Breakfast room was well maintained, cleaned promptly after breakfast service and had more than adequate items for a quick, hot & cold breakfast. Additional items such as the workout facility and pool area were appreciated considering pre-tournament workouts were needed. The beach provided an additional workout space.

I chose this hotel originally for its value, but I would return for its location and staff !

Hope this helps as you choose your hotel for the Long Beach area. !

Enjoy !!

Room Tip: Choose a room with a balcony. Having breakfast on the terrace for the same price as other hotels = a...