“Lovely spa hidden in North Long Beach”

The SkinSpa Institute
Long Beach, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Lovely spa hidden in North Long Beach”
Reviewed November 4, 2010

I first went to this spa because it was across the street from Costco which I frequent. The spa itself is quite small, taking up the space of a store in a plaza (which it is in, a plaza). However, once inside, the decor and furnishings are very spa-like--relaxing and comforting.
The owner, Crystal, is very knowledgeable and friendly, I came because I had horrible cystic acne that couldn't be treated after 7 years. She was honest and told me that it may take weeks or months to see a noticeable difference. She was always very understanding, making sure she explained all the treatments in detail and the skincare regimen I must follow as well as techniques for applying them.
During the course of time when I was doing facials, exfoliation, masks, peels, and treatment for my acne, I tried various other spa services like their swedish and deep tissue massage and manicure/pedicure.
I have had many, many massages, and I would rate the massage services as average, not great and not bad, but I believe she does not have the same massage therapist as before. The mani/pedi was nice--relaxing and competent, I would say above average.
The prices for the services is about average for a higher end spa, so it may come off as a bit pricey. For example, the facial treatments range from around 80 to 100 dollars per session. Each session is about an hour and a half, but if Crystal is doing it (I never had anyone else) she will continue until she is satisfied with her results, sometimes taking up to three hours to finish. However she does have a package option, where if you buy a set (I believe the set is of 6 sessions) you will receive 15% off.
So for me, the facials to treat my acne were worth it however the other services I looked elsewhere. Also her product prices are about midrange. She carries relatively high end products but I found the prices can be found cheaper online. Usually online you can get at least 10% to 20% off the average price with free shipping if you spend a certain amount (usually $50 which is pretty easy to reach because one product can cost you twice that).
All in all, a great experience, I have no hesitations to recommend to a friend, especially for facial treatments and acne problems.

2 Thank fayree