All reviews comfort inn taco bell fast food restaurants fire pit drug store long beach blvd home away from home front desk staff would definitely stay here again free breakfast the entire staff yogurt cruise port room was large southern california would highly recommend this hotel great room
Selected filters
Reviewed May 7, 2019

I've had great luck with these upgraded Choice Hotel properties. Looking at the reviews, it's been remodeled in the last year or 2 and it shows. Everything is modern, clean and top notch. Check in is actually at a desk, instead of a counter, and I was offered complimentary champagne so you feel fancy and important from the moment you get there. The bar/restaurant has a decent selection of food and drinks. I'm usually worried that they'll gouge you on prices, but everything was extremely reasonable. I had a bowl of oatmeal both mornings for less than $2 each. The rooms are very comfortable and fairly quiet (even as close as I was to the lobby) and all come with a Keurig coffee maker, mini fridge and microwave. Although beware of the fridge setting. Mine was set to the highest setting and froze everything! The beds are super comfortable although I didn’t really like the pillows. The shower has a rainfall showerhead as well as a separate shower wand and nice amenities, including bathrobes, and plenty of outlets to plug in your phone or whatever. The courtyard/pool area is also very nice, with a gas firepit lit at night. The hotel is within walking distance of a few good restaurants/pubs as well. I walked to the Beer Lab and enjoyed some amazing beer, food and company. Now I just need to find a reason to visit Long Beach again so I have an excuse to come back!

Date of stay: May 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
CoveHotel, General Manager at The Cove Hotel, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2019

Dear Jill103,
Thank you for choosing The Cove Hotel, providing the great comments, and the Excellent Rating!
Yes, the renovation was actually completed only 10months ago and we work very hard to keep it in perfect conditions... thank you for noticing.
Long Beach Beer Lab is a fun place to walk to from here for the best microbrew & pizza possibly in the city... we actually have two of their beers on tap here at our bar and we will soon be using their pizza dough.
When business or pleasure again brings you to our area we look forward to welcoming you back.

safe travels,

Reviewed May 6, 2019 via mobile

Lovely hotel, comfortable bed, very clean and spacious. It’s got plenty of parking which wasn’t free. $10 a day. Beach is about 3.2miles walk from here. We walked down but got a bus back, no862 takes you just a block after hotel. We didn’t have breakfast so can’t comment on that. Pool was lovely, sun loungers extremely comfortable and plenty of towels available.

Date of stay: May 2019
Trip type: Traveled with friends
CoveHotel, General Manager at The Cove Hotel, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2019

Dear rachfoley1510,
Thank you for choosing The Cove Hotel and providing this Lovely review!
On your future visits we recommend using the METRO... it's $1.50 each direction, or for $7 you can literally get to all parts of Los Angeles... just a tip :)

safe travels,
Deone

Reviewed April 19, 2019

This was my second stay in two years and I would not book any other place while in Long Beach CA. The staff goes well and beyond to make you feel at home, specially Sanjay Gunawardena (The Manager).
Rooms are well decorated, bathrooms huge, beds comfortable and the pool grounds first class.
This is the place for me as long as my job keeps sending me to California.

Date of stay: April 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
CoveHotel, General Manager at The Cove Hotel, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member, responded to this reviewResponded April 19, 2019

Dear jgar44,
Thank you for choosing us for your visits to Long Beach and confirming you will not be booking anywhere else! SanjayG is a true asset to the company and I really appreciate you mentioning him by name... those are opportunities to celebrate that we enjoy!
Hope your job keeps you coming to our area on the regular!

best regards,
Deone

Reviewed April 18, 2019 via mobile

First, I will say this is a beautiful hotel. The room was everything we love, nice, comfy bed, spacious room, clean, nice bathroom. The grounds are very nice. We we're disappointed that the bar was not open, we had planned to visit with family there. Apparently, the bartender called in sick. Anyway, we came back from a family event, parked and went up to our room. The next morning, we went to leave and saw that our car had been hit. The driver and passenger doors were both damaged. We notified the manager, he came out, apologized and took pictures. He also took my phone and email, promising to go through security camera footage to see what happened. He never called or emailed and never returned my calls.

Date of stay: December 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family

Dear Sea4evr,

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for failing to exceed your expectations. Your satisfaction is important to us. I'm currently investigating your experience as I do not recall any damages to vehicles since I've been here. I can assure you I return all calls... but I certainly would have been the one calling you first. I see you stayed in December, I started the first week of December... possibly this happened during the transition between managers??

I hope that you will consider this an isolated incident and will stay with us again so that we can have another chance to provide you with a superior experience.

kindest regards,

Reviewed April 11, 2019 via mobile

I didn’t finish my coffee in the morning because to be honest, it wasn’t very good and they never give you enough sugar too fix bad coffee in hotels in general. By the time I returned to the hotel after a 14 hour day of training, the half full cup of coffee, which apparently had more than enough sugar for ants, was covered in small black ants.

There was a long trail of ants which lead from the coffee cup, down the counter to the floor, along the floor next to the wall and right under the door. Literally hundreds of ants in my room. Fortunately the majority stuck to the path they had chosen as ants are wont to do.

Unfortunately there were enough that strayed from the path, that I found them everywhere, in the power outlets, sink, shower, faucets, drains, floor, walls, beds, bedding, absolutely everywhere. There’s no way I didn’t take some home with me and I’m certain that I wore them out the following day because I smacked one that I felt crawling on my neck after getting on the bus to the conference I was attending.

Overall I give this hotel 2 stars. It was nice enough aside from the ants. The blue lights are cool. The kids liked the pool and played the jumbo chess set in the courtyard a lot.

The staff was kind and did their best to deal with the ant situation while I was there by moving me to a room with only a few random bugs by the door and no ants. I may have even talked to the owner of the hotel though he did not identify himself as such. Dealing with an upset guest is never easy and they did well all things considered.

The manager was absent during my stay and once I was able to reach him upon returning home after the trip, he was entirely unsympathetic. I won’t stay there again. This was my third trip to Long Beach in as many years and my second stay at this property. My recommendation, stay at Hyatt, Renaissance, Westin, Maya, or Queen Mary can be fun too. The Cove kind of ruined Long Beach for me, which sucks because I really liked Long Beach.

I can post more pictures and video but I have to get them out of the cloud first.

Date of stay: February 2019
Trip type: Traveled on business
CoveHotel, General Manager at The Cove Hotel, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member, responded to this reviewResponded April 12, 2019

Dear Jesse Dunn,

As we have discussed several times through other social media, and extensively through e-mail, we ask guests not to leave food or sugary drinks in the rooms uncovered, especially during rainy weather, as it attracts ants.

My unsympathetic response to your five page harassing e-mail to me may have been due my feeling the owner of the hotel was far too generous in his financial compensation to such an unscrupulous character... Two months later still feel the same way.

Long Beach is ruined for you comes as a relief... c'est la vie!