“Wonderful staff and hotel-clean and great breakfast”

Comfort Inn & Suites near Long Beach Convention Center
Ranked #18 of 57 Hotels in Long Beach
SOUTH FLORIDA
“Wonderful staff and hotel-clean and great breakfast”
Reviewed June 1, 2010

My daughter and I stayed at this location for four nights and found the rooms to be very clean and the beds were the best, We both slept so well on these soft comfortable beds. The pillows were wonderful ! THe bathroom was clean and the cleaning staff were very professional. The check in and check out was easy-the front desk staff was very helpful with directions and suggestions on where to shop, eat and what to see. Directly across the street was a CVS, many places to eat and an Albertsons. THe refrigerator in the room was helpful for storing our leftovers. The pool area is very clean and inviting. We felt very safe and secure in this hotel. It was so close to the airport and the beach area. Close to the "Queen Mary " ! We will stay here again the next trip to Long Beach.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
San Diego, California
Reviewed June 1, 2010

We have been staying this place for last 3 years. We used to love this place because of service and security.Ivis, Ali both of them are very friendly and helpful. But our stay was not pleasent this time because of security. Our truck was loaded with very expensive tools.We used to have sound sleep in this hotel because we knew that security was awake. But during our stay we never saw security on parking lot. Most of the time either he was at frontdesk talking or watching tv in the breakfastroom. We complained to the frontdesk first night of our stay. But nothing was changed.We dont think that we will be back this place next year.

Texas
Reviewed May 25, 2010

I would just like to express my thanks to the entire staff at the comfort Inn & Suites On Willow St. Long Beach CA. for making my two week stay very enjoyable. The staff made you feel ilke family and also the location of the motel there was alot of stores, eating places and also a drug store just across the street and that was a good thing. I also felt very safe there and if was very quite there and I was able to get good sleep there.

So once again thanks to the entire staff.

Ventura, California
Reviewed May 25, 2010

I needed to work a Saturday and Sunday at the Long Beach convention center so my wife and (3) kids came along.
The hotel was great, easy parking, pool, clean / large room, free breakfast, friendly staff, and a small shopping center across the street, (grocery store, food, etc)
The price was very reasonable for location (a couple miles from convention center) and room quality/cleanliness. Next time I need to stay in Long Beach I would definitely stay here again.

Sacramento, CA
Reviewed May 25, 2010

We were so impressed with every part of this Comfort Inn. We were not too sure of the area when we booked the place - mostly we did it for the price. The rooms were very clean, the whole area of the motel was beautifully landscaped and nicely maintained. The staff were extremely helpful and courteous. To have breakfast thrown in on top of a great place to stay was a huge bonus. We were able to leave our car, knowing that it was very secure and safe. Then we were given transportation to and from the dock for the next part of our trip.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
Sacramento, California
Reviewed May 2, 2010

This reservation/stay was for a park and cruise.

Starting with the reservation process: Called hotel and asked for the park and cruise rate and was provided a rate. A couple days later called to book the room and was quoted a higher rate. When asked why the higher rate they could not answer, other than "it must have been the manager" When asking to talk to the manager, "he is not available" when will he be in "he keeps his own hours and comes in when he wants"

Called Comfort 1 800 number and they told me that the rate should have been at the lower orignal quoted rate and did not understand why they increased it.....finally! so booked the room.

When arriving, shortly after getting off the freeway the area takes a pretty interesting turn and not for the better, its not the hamptons by any means, and I was really begining to worry if I should stay and leave my new Mercedes for a week at the hotel while on my cruise. Finally arrived and thank god I found a parking spot right next to the front office under the carport and did not have to move it, or I know I would have been missing some wheels and tires when I returned.

Check in was simple and straight forward, however I had to request a second room key, why I dont know, never had to do that before. After getting checked in came time to get to our room, well first off there are no elevators so if your on the second floor and have luggage, which most travelers do it will not be fun. Second, was a very large and loud crowd at the pool, which looked like they had set up a whole bar inside the area. They where really parting up a storm and consumed the pool area so using the pool was not an option. finally got upstairs luggage and all and kids running up and down the halls, zip here ...zip their....zip everywhere and yelling loudly...then the knock and dash on the room door.....wow. Dont parents know what controlling your kid is?

Camped out in the room for the rest of the afternoon becasue remember I was afraid to move the car and could not go to the pool, so watched some t.v. and tried to use the "high speed internet" which might have just as well been dial up......really pathetic.

Room was clean, bathroom was recently renovated, however the toilet was literally butted right up to the left wall so you had to sit sideways to use....that was interesting.

Ordered pizza hut online for $10 any size and toppings worked fine and wonder pizza and quick.

Lots of sirens all day and night so you cant keep the windows open to enjoy the cool breeze.

Included breakfast.... yuk! Not sure what some of the others where talking about i.e. how wonderful it was. really limited on selection, waffles or cereal. juice/coffee etc. really really basic with no extras whats so ever.

check out in the morning was interesting, the front desk girl seemed to speak better spanish than english, thank god my parnter can speak spanish. They where not even going to take our car information until we asked then they said oh ya! left we wondering what if I had not asked, would my car had been towed?

Finally returned to get the car, car was still in one piece, however you need to keep in mind that the parking lot around the motel is not secured and anyone can walk up to your vehicle and do what ever.

The topper was just before we left the parking lot, a low rider truck pulled in and started up its bouncing shocks and making a racket and all the boys came out to check out the ride.

Yep ..... time to hit the trail....enough was enough.

If you dont care about the neighborhood and the heavy partiers and the walls so thin that you can hear your next door neighbor and his wife having a little morning glory, sitting sideways on the toilet, having a low budget breakfast and worring about your care .....then this is the place for you.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank mrguy33
comfortablelb, Owner at Comfort Inn & Suites near Long Beach Convention Center, responded to this review, May 10, 2010
Dear Sir,

I truly appreciate the time you took to review our hotel and your recent stay. I was really shocked with your review. I really love my business and my hotel, and I try to run the business with integrity. I will not attempt to refute each of the points in your review, obviously you were not satisfied with the entire stay and I apologize for that. I will discuss your review in our next staff meeting and try to improve where we can.

Thank you again and safe travels in the future.
rhode island
Reviewed March 24, 2010

this was the 4th comfort inn that my sons and I stayed at on our trip to visit colleges in CA.
this hotel had, by far, the nicest room in regards to set up, space, location right next to the pool, beautiful pool area, very clean, locked and gated courtyard, right off long beach blvd, close to everything
the front desk allowed us to check in at 11 a.m as we arrived super early and they had a room all ready for us, very helpful with directions and area maps,
I would very highly recommend this comfort inn for all travelers looking for a good value and a great experience

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family