I don't usually stay at local hotels. Normally I try to stay someplace more "Ritzy" but I took a chance on this one because I was tired and couldn't safely drive any more. Well as my luck would have it, it was a pretty cool place to visit. I didn't get there until late night/early morning so the evening check in was brief. There was one guy behind the counter but he was alert and knowledgeable of his facility and how to work the register. I can't tell you how many times I've gone to a hotel and the receptionist was unable to do that particular task. Needless to say, he worked out all the discounts (one actually...but it was a good one) and gave me my key. POINT FOR THE DISCOUNT.
Once in the room I was surprised at how well it was organized and cleaned. I didn't really like the wall A/C unit because of the freon smell that it leaves behind but circulate the air for about 30 minutes and that's a done deal. The room was spacious and comfortable...that's all that matters. I sleep quite well.
The next day offered a free mini breakfast bar and very busy and friendly staff of workers who appeared to be all family (in behavior...I loved that). Everyone said hello and greeted me with smiles and enthusiasm (even before I had my coffee).There was a young lady in the breakfast area who was greeting everyone and putting things away but offered to get whatever I needed if it was already put away..all I had to do was let her know. It was really a nice experience. The manager Myrtle, was really nice and informed me that in fact the people I had encountered (Keri @ breakfast, Christian & Jimmy @ the counter) were in fact family. Well I told her that now I would be family and she would see me more often. When I'm passing through there, Mrytle and her family oriented staff will always be my first choice.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ideally located Comfort Inn & Suites provides easy access to waterfront attractions, including the historic Queen Mary ocean liner, Carnival Cruise Terminal and the Royal Caribbean Cruise Line and Catalina Island. The hotel is also just 3 miles from the Long Beach Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Choice Hotels, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HotelsClick and HotelQuickly so you can book your Comfort Inn & Suites near Long Beach Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Inn & Suites Long Beach Hotel Long Beach
- Comfort Inn And Suites Long Beach
- Comfort Inn Long Beach
- Long Beach Comfort Inn