“I was a skeptical at first but...”

Comfort Inn & Suites near Long Beach Convention Center
Ranked #18 of 55 Hotels in Long Beach
Los Angeles, California
“I was a skeptical at first but...”
Reviewed September 13, 2012

I don't usually stay at local hotels. Normally I try to stay someplace more "Ritzy" but I took a chance on this one because I was tired and couldn't safely drive any more. Well as my luck would have it, it was a pretty cool place to visit. I didn't get there until late night/early morning so the evening check in was brief. There was one guy behind the counter but he was alert and knowledgeable of his facility and how to work the register. I can't tell you how many times I've gone to a hotel and the receptionist was unable to do that particular task. Needless to say, he worked out all the discounts (one actually...but it was a good one) and gave me my key. POINT FOR THE DISCOUNT.

Once in the room I was surprised at how well it was organized and cleaned. I didn't really like the wall A/C unit because of the freon smell that it leaves behind but circulate the air for about 30 minutes and that's a done deal. The room was spacious and comfortable...that's all that matters. I sleep quite well.

The next day offered a free mini breakfast bar and very busy and friendly staff of workers who appeared to be all family (in behavior...I loved that). Everyone said hello and greeted me with smiles and enthusiasm (even before I had my coffee).There was a young lady in the breakfast area who was greeting everyone and putting things away but offered to get whatever I needed if it was already put away..all I had to do was let her know. It was really a nice experience. The manager Myrtle, was really nice and informed me that in fact the people I had encountered (Keri @ breakfast, Christian & Jimmy @ the counter) were in fact family. Well I told her that now I would be family and she would see me more often. When I'm passing through there, Mrytle and her family oriented staff will always be my first choice.

Thanks Fam,
D

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
4 Thank DNewGuy

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
NEW YORK
Reviewed September 12, 2012 via mobile

Although I was a little worried because of the neighborhood, I have no complaints about the hotel. I stated here for one night. The room was spotless, and the landscaping is well taking care of. I was greeted by the very friendly front desk clerk, who was Christan. He checked me in fast, and was very welcoming. The breakfast was also very good. I used the pool (which was super clean) and the fitness room did the job. Give this place a chance, you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed September 2012
3 Thank NYPAUL
Shelton, Connecticut
Reviewed September 12, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here for 1 night due to needing a place not to far from Long Beach Airport. Upon arrival the area appeared to be a little shady but there is a security guard roaming the parking area so i had no worries about my rental car. During check in at 10 pm we were greeted by a very pleasant and helpful front desk clerk. The room itself was pretty big, had comfortable beds, a flatscreen screen tv and a safe although there is a small fee if you want to use it. Most importantly the room as well as the rest of the property was very clean. In the morning there was a free breakfast which included yogurt, muffins, waffles, cereal, etc.. The property has an outside pool and fitness room which were both very well maintained. Two thumbs up to whoever is in charge of landscaping and keeping up the place!!! Keep up the good work!

• Stayed September 2012
2 Thank emdpetey
Reno, Nevada
Reviewed September 7, 2012

I am not a big fan of writing reviews but I am compelled to do so because of a wonderful experience I had during my 2 day stay last month at this particular hotel. After getting settled in my room, I found out that the sink was clogged. I thought that I should transfer to another room as this would be a problem for me during my whole stay but unfortunately the rooms are all packed. I called front desk to have the sink fixed. I was not expecting that a maintenance guy would come up to the room to fix the sink immediately, more so to fix it in less the time. I thought I needed to go out for a walk while he fixes the sink but I did only a couple of things fixing my clothes and making a few calls on my cellphone and voila! the sink is as good as brand new. Over all, I had a wonderful stay at the hotel. The property is well-maintained and the maintenance guy was friendly and even asked me if there is anything else that needs to be addressed as far as the room is concerned. Kudos to the front desk and houskeepers, as well. I wll definitely go back and stay in this hotel and definitely recommend it to my family and friends :-)

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Deanna G
Saint Clair Shores, Michigan
Reviewed September 6, 2012

work travels have been bringing me to southern california often and i found my self looking forward to work bringing me close enough to be able to visit my favorite hotel. friendly service is quite common at most hotels front desks. of the 8 to 10 hotels i stay at each trip to sc, this staff adds genuine caring, never phony or robotic. business is no longer close but i can honestly say i now plan my trips and go out of my way on my own time and past many hotels to visit this home away from home, because of the welcoming feeling i receive each and every visit and the consistency of the staff exceeding my expectations.

Room Tip: second floor with deck overlooking pool
2 Thank bill c
Sandy, Utah
Reviewed September 5, 2012

The neighborhood is interesting. It is not an area I'd walk in after dark. Yet, the property is nice, very clean and very friendly. I had a big flat screen TV with some HD channels. The bed was fine, but the rooms need an update. I was rather shocked at the price for the location and furnishings. After Labor Day, I paid over $90 for a AAA rate before taxes. Also charging $1.50 for a safe few use is actually a surcharge. I always ask to have it removed and the desk clerk did so willingly.

Room Tip: If you need an elevator to get to the second floor, make sure you get a room on the first floor.
1 Thank Jeff H
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed September 5, 2012

Wonderful staff! Great service! Happy I made the decision to stay here. May group of eight stayed for 3 nights and enjoyed every moment. The breakfast was wonderful, food was always refreshed, tables were always being cleaned. The girl in that services the breakfast was alway on top of things. Front desk was very helpful and experienced with the surroundings, recomeneded some great lunch and dinner locations. We had had a blast and will alway stay at the comfort inn at willow St when I'm in Long Beach.

3 Thank Gary H