Comfort Inn & Suites near Long Beach Convention Center
Ranked #19 of 58 Hotels in Long Beach
Reviewed October 14, 2011

Stayed at this hotel because I was on a budget and it wasn't to far from the convention center. First off, their customer service is a 10 all the way around. The fix it guy went out of his way to help us fix our trailer and everyone from the desk clerks, housekeeping, and the breakfast attendant were smiling and helpful. Location is good with stores and restaurants close by. The beds were extremely. Comfortable and the rooms we're decent. The rooms were clean but could be updated. I guess that should not matter because your not paying for luxury, only comfort. Hotel has onsite security and cameras which gave us a sense of calm. The hotel is in a very busy area, but once you go inside its a
Very quiet place. We suggest trying the Hawaiian bbq next to Starbucks across the street. We loved it.

• Stayed: September 2011
1  Thank sikhtvr

Reviewed September 23, 2011

We stayed at the Comfort Inn and Suites at 200 E. Willow St., Long Beach CA for two nights at the end of August. We enjoyed it very much. It was clean and comfortable. My husband needs a handicapped room, and the shower chair was in our bathroom just as promised. The staff was friendly and helpful. We spoke with the "famous" manager, Myrtle, several times. She was just as friendly, gracious, and helpful as others have mentioned in their reviews. It was nice to have the lobby computer to check our email while we were away. The breakfast was definitely adequate. My husband loved the waffles. It is just a bit away from a very busy intersection, but there is a traffic light on the west side of the hotel so that you can turn into the hotel parking lot without a problem. There are no upscale restaurants right by the hotel, but within walking distance are El Pollo Loco, Mc Donalds, Church's chicken, Carl's, Taco Bell, and Burger King. Albertson's grocery store, Walgreens, CVS, and Rite Aid are also at this intersection. The traffic lights also allow you good access to the businesses across the street. The only drawback I could find, was that the exercise equipment could use upgrading. If our travels bring us back to Long Beach again, we will definitely stay at the Comfort Inn & Suites on E. Willow.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank Jan V
Reviewed September 8, 2011

Unlike the person below, my husband and I enjoyed our stay at the Comfort Inn on Willow in Long Beach. We booked for the Park and Cruise 7 day trip. When checking in Christian was very friendly and happy guy. He was very helpful and accommodating, we kept going down to the desk and kept asking him for all sorts of things. He also gave us great ideas of things to do in the city before we went on our cruise the next day .Our room was very comfortable and we had a great view of the pool. The best part of the room was the bed....wow I want one for my house. Christian also reassured us that our car would be safe because the hotel has on-site security and video cameras throughout the property.

The next morning we went down to our free breakfast which was great. Eggs, sausage, bagels, danish, make your own flovored waffles, etc. I also want to mention Nolee who takes care of the breakfast, she had a great demeanor while working hard to keep all those guests happy. Keri who was the desk clerk the next day was very happy, friendly, and helpful just like Christian. Its nice to see a smiling faces at the front desk. We travel a lot and many times the customer service has been horrible. Keri made the process of park and cruise very smooth. The taxi that the hotel paid for picked us up at our desired time and took us to port, and just as she said there would be taxis waiting for us as we departed the cruise ship. We took a taxi to the hotel and she met us outside to pay the cabbie. The hotel lets you come back in to use the restroom, get ice and have another bite to eat before your drive back. We stayed for a little bit so we could use the free internet to plan out the next leg of our trip.

BE SURE TO BOOK PARK AND CRUISE SO YOU DO NOT HAVE TO PAY FOR TAXI. HOTEL DOES NOT HAVE A SHUTTLE. FOR SOME REASON IT SAYS IT DOES ON THE WEBSITE. ITS SOME WHAT MISLEADING, BUT IM SURE ITS NOT INTENTIONAL. Package is only for a four people, or for how many can fit in a mini van taxi. Larger taxis can be a wait of two hours or more if they are available. We had fifteen in our party, so we had to pay for two extra taxis.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank jj m
Reviewed August 28, 2011

I feel like I was in a different hotel than many of the other reviewers!! This can't possibly be one of the better hotels in Long Beach...and I would NOT recommend this place to anyone!

It started when I tried to check in based on my on-line reservations. I took the "keys" and we hauled our suitcases up the stairs (no elevator) and opened the door to find one king bed. There were three of us. I trudged back to the desk to explain that we had reserved a room with two beds. They said I had booked a room with a king bed but I showed them the confirmation print out that said otherwise. All they had left, they claimed, was a room with one bed and a hide-a-bed, so my two teenagers had to sleep there (NOT comfortable).

The place was worn/old; threadbare chairs in the lobby, matted/dirty carpets, and an overpowering smell of disinfectant throughout the halls and rooms. It just didn't seem at all clean and we were afraid to touch things. There was a safe in the room, but it was already locked when I arrived, so I had to call about that. Our room was by the double doors leading to the outside stairs. The doors were lift open and people collected there while they smoked cigarettes, so it was very unpleasant getting in or out of the room. At about 11:30 p.m. the group got rowdy and very loud. I called the front desk to break up the party, which seemed to work. On top of everything else, we got an unrequested wake up call at ** 5:45** the next morning and I was unable to get back to sleep. The front desk said someone had "forgotten to reset the board," whatever that means.

The one bright spot was the staff; they were very pleasant and friendly even though they seemed to make one error after another. At least they were apologetic. All in all, it was a very tense and unpleasant stay -- far from providing us the "comfort" the name would imply!!

Room Tip: If you get stuck staying here...try to get a room away from the stairways/smoking areas!
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank sOccermama123
Reviewed July 27, 2011

It's an old property, recently refurbished. 5-6 miles from the cruise pier and they have a "stay and park" rate that is less expensive than parking at the pier for a week. One downside (particularly if you've got "cruise luggage" for a week) is that there is no guest elevator. If you've got a 2nd floor room, you'd better have a strong back.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 23, 2011

This is not one of the better Comfort Inns, but it is okay. The staff are very friendly and helpful...real assets to the property. Grocery store and variety restaurants near. Bus and metro service to downtown area is convenient and inexpensive.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank 5Merlin5
Reviewed July 19, 2011

On Saturday, July 2nd, I was hunting around for a place to stay for me and a close friend who was coming in from San Fernando Valley to enjoy the beautiful ocean side area in Long Beach and spend the Fourth of July Weekend with me.
She suggested that I check out Comfort Inn. Her experience with them had been wonderful, so I took her at her word and searched for a location and found one on Willow Avenue, which was near a bus route that goes right over to the Long Beach City College campus where I would be headed after the holiday.
I called ahead and was told that they had some openings and gave us a single and that I could check in the next day, Sunday, at 11:00 am.
When I came in, the Front Desk Clerk told me that the room wouldn't be available until later at 3:00. I told her that I had someone on the way and that I had been told to come in at 11:00. The clerk was very nice and asked me to hold on, she would see if she could pull something together for me. She did, and the room was terrific, an upstairs suite with a great veranda overlooking the pool area. The room was clean and spacious, and I was able to park my gear and go out to get some things done before my friend arrived.
The Front Desk even honored a discount coupon that I found in a handy tourist booklet that they had in the lobby. Add to that, the Inn offered a Continental breakfast each morning from 6:30 to 9:30.
When my guest arrived and saw the room, she told me that it exceeded her expectations and that we had to come back again..soon! It was a beautiful weekend and Comfort Inn at Long Beach made it all the more memorable. We actually booked an extra day. Thanks to all of you. We'll be back.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends