Comfort Inn & Suites near Long Beach Convention Center
Ranked #18 of 56 Hotels in Long Beach
Colorado
“Great Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2011

We stayed here before our Carnival cruise. I had booked another hotel in Long Beach but the Comfort Inn was recommended by someone on a cruise review, so I changed hotels and was glad I did. I loved this hotel.

Front desk was pleasant. The one major negative is they do not have an elevator but there was a man to help us get our bags upstairs. We were told someone in the morning would be able to help but there was not.

We were in a king suite, nice sized room. The room was clean. When we turned the air conditioner on, it smelled like urine to me. We don't know if it was or if it was a fragrant flower outside. We called the front desk about it and the sent up someone to take care of it. All they did was spray a room deodorizer. We lived with the smell.

The beds were comfortable. The room had a fridge, microwave and safe.

The pool area was clean and relaxing.

I found the hotel very cute and cozy. There are gates on the property, the hotel, not the parking lot, which were locked at night. I'm not sure about the neighborhood at night. I felt very safe within the hotel at night.

There is an Albertson's across the street, a CVS Pharmacy, Starbucks. And to the east of the hotel, next door there is a Churches Fried Chicken, McDonald's and Taco Bell. Across the other street I believe is a Rite Aid. We visited the CVS Pharmacy and the fast food places during daylight hours.

Breakfast in the morning was standard, they have waffles you can make.

At checkout, the front desk called a taxi for us to the cruise terminal. I cannot remember the cost of the taxi to the terminal. But, of course, we had to pay for the taxi.

I would definitely stay here again, it was a good choice for us.
Please excuse the mess in the room pics, didn't think to take them before we settled in.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank casinocim

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
Colorado
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2011

After research and the good reviews, We reserved a king suit 6 months in advance. And called to confirm 2 weeks before, For the park and cruise package. We recieved a room with double beds.A double was not enough room for us and the grand children. The girl at the desk said they were over booked and that is what we got.
I ask for a roll away. I saw the one they pulled out and said they would make it up and bring to your room. After a lot of phone calls, we quit waiting for it after 10pm and made beds on the floor. Never got the roll away.
Desk clerk said hotel paid for taxie to cruise port and back. They did not. we had to pay for the taxie bothways. I do not mind paying and expected to before our trip. But after being told they paid for it, it was surprising to have the taxie driver asking for it.
I ask to see the manager and was given the run around ,that she would be in later, every time I called or went to the front desk.
Room was clean and nice, but not enough beds. Breakfast was basic hotel.

Room Tip: You may not get what you reserved
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
comfortablelb, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites near Long Beach Convention Center, responded to this review, June 13, 2011
Dear Guest,
Sorry for all the confusion and misunderstanding. We tried numerous times to call the room and knocking on the door to inform you that your cab voucher is waiting for you at the front desk. We usually inform you when you check-in and when check-out that we can call the cab when you are ready to leave. Unfortunately we did not hear from you. I left messages on your voice mail to send me the receipt for the cab so that I can reimburse you.

Please call back when you have the time. I am extremely sorry for your unpleasant stay.

Myrtle Robertson, GM
Tempe, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2011

The front desk staff were superb. When we walked into our room we were shocked. We had a huge room with a spa right in living area. The room was very nicely furnished, clean and the bed was comfortable. The room also included a mini refrigerator and microwave. We received a great room at a great price.
The location was perfect. Right off the Long Beach 710 freeway. Across the street were restaurants and stores. We were going on a cruise and this hotel offered a “stay and park” cruise package. The hotel provided a taxi service too and from the Port of San Pedro. We left our vehicle on the property for 7 days. We noticed the surveillance cameras all over the property and notice that the front desk staff could monitor all the angles of the property right at the front desk. We felt very safe. I would recommend this hotel to friends or family. We have book this hotel in November 11 for our next cruise.

1 Thank FrequentAZCruiser
Mesa, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2011

We live in Arizona and travel at least four times a year to visit our family in Long Beach, CA. Our hotel of choice is always this hotel. It is easy to find when exiting the 710 Fwy. Even if we visit Knott's or Disneyland, we like staying here and driving 20 minutes to the amusement parks. The hotel is always clean and the staff is friendly to my family which includes two children under eight years old. My family and I especially like the fact that the Pike with all of the restaurants is less than 15 minutes away. Of course the kids especially like how the pool is easily accessible right in the middle of the hotel.

Room Tip: Call hotel directly for occasional specials.
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank Tamarindo123
Berkeley, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2011

If you are attending a conference in the nearby convention center, or just sightseeing, this hotel is convenient and has easy freeway access. The rooms are spacious, with refrigerator and microwave, and comfortable beds. Best of all, the customer service was extremely friendly and helpful. Free internet access - even if you don't bring your laptop, you can use their computer! Complimentary breakfast includes fresh fruit and delicious "make your own" waffles. Yum!

2 Thank ArtNatureLvr
Kuwait City, Kuwait
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2011

big shock, i choose the hotel after i read rate this hotel in booking.com,trip advisor ,hotel.com & kayack..see site of this hotel.

when i arrive to the hotel i see
1-No left.
2-Smal room.
3-dirty hotel.
4- far & and ni resturant near the hotel.
5- it like motel.
6-no security & privacy.
7-the bath dirty &small.
8-I can not stand i life after see the room , in the same price in costa mesa, Los Angeles down town or Holywood or Anahiem.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank TaherAlbaghliJulian
comfortablelb, Owner at Comfort Inn & Suites near Long Beach Convention Center, responded to this review, April 30, 2011
Dear Valued Guest,
First, I am sorry for your horrible stay. I would also like to humbly ask for you to contact me at gm.ca821@choicehotels.com to discuss your stay. Unfortunately, I can not pull out stay information from the above email. I just want to make sure we are talking about the same hotel. All rooms at our hotel are over are 420 sq. ft. -very large according to industry standards. We received a score above 95% in Franchise Inspection in March 2011. We have over 10 different fast food and restaurants within .2 miles of the hotel, most across the street. We also provide security guard from 9pm to 5am, 7 days a week. Your hotel experience just does not seem to describe the Comfort Inn and Suites in Long Beach. Please contact us at the above email or at 866-349-1681, so that we can solve any issues. Thank you for your review.
Asheville, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2011

I was a little unsure of the area, but once we arrived I knew it was perfect for us. Were from the country, so the city was new to us. This place has security, so there is no reason to worry about your car or personal safety. You can walk across the street and get something to eat or shop for anything you need for your trip. Rooms are quiet, clean, and comfortable. The free breakfast was awesome and the staff understands what good customer service is. Thats hard to find these days. Just a quick trip from downtown and near the cruiseships. This is the place to stay if you are going on a cruise. The hotel provides transportation to and from port, an overnight stay, free breakfast, and a safe place to park your car for a reasonable fee. Just ask for park and cruise package.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple