“Really good Mexican food”
Review of Baja Sonora Grille

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Baja Sonora Grille
Ranked #227 of 1,311 Restaurants in Long Beach
Reviewed April 7, 2019

Located on Clark Ave parking is now much easier. Parking is off street and free. You go in and order off of a menu on the wall. You find your seat and enjoy tortilla chips and salsas which you pick yourself. Your food is brought out to you. We had a combo plate of chile relleno and a taco served with beans and rice. The serving was enormous! I'm a big eater and could not finish my chile relleno even though my wife and I split the plate. The place is clean and service friendly. I wish this was located in my community.

Date of visit: April 2019

Reviewed March 3, 2018

I love Baja...Good food, nice folks,...Right now, as of 3-2-18 it is closed for remodeling...Pray it opens back up soon

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed March 1, 2018 via mobile

What can I say, but wow! This restaurant was recommended to me by a local and needless to say I was not disappointed. I love Mexican style food and being a vegetarian I usually have nearly endless options when choosing to go with Mexican style food and this place was no different. There were so many choices and unbelievably low prices. I chose the “veggie bowl” minus the mushrooms. It definitely wasn’t what I expected but good none the less. Everything was fresh and clean, service was fast, and food was delicious. You can’t go wrong here - they can accommodate individuals, couples or groups on their heated (if necessary) patio. Grab a bite for lunch and try everything on the fresh salsa bar (salsas, jalapeños, and tortillas). This is a place that no matter what you order you can’t miss.

Date of visit: February 2018
Reviewed July 20, 2017

I have been here on several occasions. Staff are always very friendly and orders are always right. They have a chip and salsa bar. They have hot, med and mild salsa and all are great. I have Eaten in and Eaten out (take home) They have plenty of sitting inside or on the patio. Most times this place can become pretty crowded. I have no complaints.

Date of visit: July 2017
Reviewed May 24, 2017

I'm giving 4/5 because it's usually a great place to eat. This last time however, they must have been short on staff because the line was long, tables not cleared, and the staff looked frantic. The Clark Avenue LB location is our favorite and while it's being remodeled, we will be visiting the Los Alamitos location instead of the Atlantic Avenue. Overall excellent--beans are amazing, carnitas is heavenly, and the happy hour tacos (shredded beef) can't be beat.

Date of visit: May 2017