“Not you usual Sushi Bar”
Review of Sushi Studio - CLOSED

Sushi Studio
Cuisines: Japanese, Thai
Reviewed October 12, 2012

The Sushi Studio offers Japanese cuisine and sushi in a lively atmosphere. Located near the campus of CSULB (California State University Long Beach), The Sushi Studio does not have the serene atmosphere that most diners expect in a Japanese restaurant. Diners are greeted by the staff and sushi chefs when they come in and are seated around the sushi bar or at tables on the perimeter of the restaurant. They offer a fairly large sushi menu and a limited menu of Japanese standards like Teriyaki. They also offer reasonably-priced combination meals. Visit their website to see the menu and look for their web coupon to save on your meal.

Reviewed August 18, 2012

My friend wanted sushi for lunch. I googled the Long Beach area and picked this place. The food is well presented and tasty, but the sushi rice is incorrect. Since most soak the sushi in soy sauce, it doesn't matter and Sushi Studio knows that. The staff should point out the white board specials because I almost missed the Miso Black Cod, which was awesome. I was surprised to find Yebisu beer. Sapporo makes it but Yebisu is way more hoppy which makes it an ale.
I couldn't rate it any higher because of the sushi rice. Other than that, if I was deaf and blind, it would have fooled me for an authentic Japanese restaurant. Parking sucks like any other restaurant.

Reviewed April 16, 2012

Our csulb senior daughter eats here often and, after my first visit, I can understand why. From the ahi sashimi to great tempura and a wide variety of rolls, all at unbelievably low prices, the food was fresh, plentiful, tasty and just all around top notch. Do know that the decor is minimal and the wait is long. But, we'll be back during commencement week for sure.

Reviewed February 6, 2012

not always the best service, but they have some awesome rolls, and i love the birthday light show-thing they do :)

Reviewed October 30, 2011

We stopped in for happy hour after reading these reviews and everyone is right! It is a great place. No complaints. Good prices.