“Misty Water Colored Memories...”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Avenue 3 Pizza & Subs
Ranked #709 of 1,120 Restaurants in Long Beach
Cuisines: Delicatessen, Italian, Pizza
Reviewed August 13, 2012

I'm sentimental about this place because I have been going there for six years. I have always had a good pizza and a good draught beer. They aren't reinventing the wheel here. You won't find Top Chef inspired specialty pizzas with foreign or unusual ingredients. Nothing gourmet. There's ham, pepperoni, vegetables, the usual suspects, etc. It's beer and pizza. They have other pastas and subs as well; and those have always been good, but for the most part I stick to beer and pizza. Good selection of beers on tap, including Newcastle, Stella, Sam Adams, Sieera Nevada, and more.

My spouse and I enjoyed eating here as a couple without the kids, as well as with the kids.

The back room that faces the parking lot has an abandoned air hockey table. I recall my kids using it, but I don't recall seeing it in use outside of my family. The main dining room entrance is on the sidewalk side of the building. It has a few rows of picnic tables, so this is a good place for large groups. They have had different professional games to watch. There are a few arcade style games for the kids.

In six years, I haven't had even one complaint about the service or my order. You order at the counter and they bring your food to the table.

There are newer reviews for Avenue 3 Pizza & Subs

Reviewed February 2, 2010

I had a pepperoni pizza here last Saturday night. Sunday I had serious stomach problems. A couple of days later I spoke with my friend who shared the pizza that night. He said that he had the same gastrointestinal issues. Although this place can be convenient for people in the neighborhood, I think you are really taking a chance coming here.

Reviewed September 5, 2008

I have been there a couple of times and plan to return simply because of the ambiance. It is not a huge space, but it is a good enogh size to accomodate the large crowds that gather at their family style long tables. They have some video games and large screen tv's, pitchers of beer, schooners. Their salads are standard fare, and in my opinion, not the best pizza, but it is still pretty good and the ambiance makes up for it. A friend of mine had the lasagna and it looked delcious, others I know swear by their sandwiches as the best! Overall, a fun place to spend an evening with your kids or with friends watching the game!

A TripAdvisor Member
Lakewood, CA
Reviewed April 4, 2005

The comfortable ambiance of an old-time pizza parlor combined with the availability of television sports viewing or juke box music, and games for the kids...however, the outstanding feature is the best pizza and italian sandwiches in Long Beach.

1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member