“Great food, great atmosphere, but expensive”
Review of The Sky Room

The Sky Room
Reserve with OpenTable
The Sky Room is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #15 of 1,120 Restaurants in Long Beach
Cuisines: French, Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Ocean Blvd. (Inside the Historic Breakers building)
Transit: Taxis are available. Metro Rail is within a couple blocks from the Skyroom. The bus stop is located at the corner of the Breakers building.
Description: The Sky Room is located on the 15th floor of the Historic Breakers building (built in 1926). The Sky Room is considered one of the best restaurants in Long Beach. W have been awarded the top 100 most romantic restaurants in the nation. The Sky Room boasts and art deco dinning room with scenic ocean and city views. The Sky Room is a restaurant meant for seafood and steak lovers, sourcing all natural meat products, fresh wild seafood, and farm to table organic produce. You will find live music on the weekends, a craft cocktail bar with mixologists on staff, an extensive award winning wine list with sommelier service, and a rooftop lounge (The Up Lounge) and wine bar (Wine Down Lounge) located on the lobby level. The Sky Room offers private and semi-private dining for: large parties, wedding ceremonies and receptions, social and corporate functions. Please come join us for an unforgettable dining experience.
Reviewed January 7, 2014 via mobile

We recently visited after an event in Long Beach and enjoyed our visit. There was no wait, the food, the view, and live music were great, but I felt that the price of our meal was quite expensive ($200+ for my wife, two children and I).

There are newer reviews for The Sky Room

Reviewed December 4, 2013

We were traveling on a cruise for Thanksgiving out of Long Beach so we decided to have a nice dinner on Thanksgiving in downtown. I searched the local restaurants and The Sky Room was the only one showing a Thanksgiving special on their website. The offered a flat rate for a complete Thanksgiving meal. The restaurant is in an older closed hotel and they have an elevator operator meet you in the lobby to take you up to the restaurant. The atmosphere was lovely; warm and cozy. There was a piano player performing and it appeared that they offer some big band music at other times. The view is stunning and you look out over the city. Our server was attentive and very friendly. The turkey was one of the best I've every tasted, the rest of the meal was ok. We ended up having a lovely family evening and were very happy we decided to go to The Sky Room for the holiday meal.

1  Thank M A
Reviewed November 19, 2013

We started with cocktails (Blackberry Mojito for me and a Carribean Martini for my sweetie.) Our server, J. T., was amazing. He was attentive and had a vast knowledge of the restaurant, Long Beach, menu and other local places we might enjoy. I had the sautéed shrimp over house-made black fettuccini (colored with squid ink.) It was fabulous. My sweetie had the red snapper with artichoke hearts and fingerling potatoes. We didn't have room for dessert, but before we left, our waiter handed me a list of places to see while in town. It was so nice of him to do that.

Reviewed October 25, 2013

What a terrific place to celebrate our 39th wedding anniversary! It is in an old hotel in downtown Long Beach, decorated in the Art Deco style. We sat by a window overlooking the city. Servers were attentive and the food delicious. There was a singer and band playing melodies from the restaurant's time period. I loved it! It is my favorite memory from our week in southern CA.

Reviewed October 15, 2013

As I was born in Long Beach but hadn't visited the city in a couple decades; imagine my surprise when the Sky Room turned out to be the highlight of my trip! Such a romantic place - you almost expect apparitions of Hollywood celebrities to dance around the corner as you round the walkways of the uniquely shaped restaurant. Views abounding - very beautiful and historic - and was thrilled with the dinner as well! Musical entertainment, care to detail and atmosphere, and great pains taken to make sure the Sky Room (atop the former Hilton of years gone by) remains the stuff of legends. Perfectly cooked food and nice surprises on the menu - I would have to say the Sky Room was unforgettable and perfectly appointed both in cuisine and retro authenticity. They have done a LOT with it since I was year seemingly eons ago, and obviously take great pride in achieving a landmark tradition with elegance and grace.

1  Thank chechina