“Consistently good food and good service!”

Enrique's Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #55 of 1,110 Restaurants in Long Beach
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
California
“Consistently good food and good service!”
Reviewed April 10, 2013

I try to dine at Enrique's at least once a year during my annual So. Cal visit and the food and service are both consistently good. I usually order enchiladas , which are delish! But on this visit I tried the taquitos with a quesadilla - it was just o.k. , nothing really special about the 'dilla and the taquitos were a bit greasy - luckily my mom had ordered enchiladas and said they were very good! I would recommend this place - just stay away from the taquitos if you don't care for fried foods

• Visited April 2013

Long Beach, California
“YUM”
Reviewed March 3, 2013

We have been going to this restaurant for many years. We have taken friends there and it is now their favorite restaurant. The food is authentic Mexican but with style and class. It is so good. Their spanish rice is the best we have ever tasted (try it and see if you don't agree). The chef is the owner and he makes sure every plate goes out looking great. His beautiful wife seats you and they both are very friendly.

• Visited February 2013
San Diego, California
“A Hidden Gem for Mexican Food in Long Beach”
Reviewed February 21, 2013

Enrique's Mexican Restaurant doesn't look like much when you find it in the strip shopping center next to one of Long Beach's beautiful marinas, but if you see the waiting line outside you will know that you have come to the right spot!
Enrique's has excellent Mexican food. I loved the braised pork entree. Our waiter claimed that it was a signature dish ... and WOW ... with that kind of food this restaurant will need to expand as soon as others learn about it. The food is magnificent! The service is very good. Only suggestion for improvement: add a table-side prepared fresh guacamole appetizer. I am eager for my next trip to the L.A. area so that I can visit Enrique's again! and again! and again!

• Visited January 2013
Long Beach, California
“Popular for a reason”
Reviewed February 14, 2013

This place is tucked away in a strip mall on PCH and Loynes in South Long Beach. It's usually got a wait of 20-40 minutes any day after 6pm. The pork entre that it's famous for really is delicious. The pork just falls off the bone and is tender but not overly fatty. The chips and salsa are addictive. The menu is extensive so you'll find something that you like.

It tends to draw a lot of Baby Boomer types.

• Visited January 2013
SoCal
“Great food and service”
Reviewed February 12, 2013

My husband and I went here based on other Tripadvisor reviews. Heeded the warning that it can get crowded on weekend nights so we arrived at 8:30 on a Friday evening. Still a wait, but only 15 minutes by then. Plenty of food selections, although not a whole lot of veggie options. I got the fish tacos which were delicious. My husband chose the blackened salmon which he said was fantastic. A ton of food with the rice and beans on the plate. We saved half of everything for the next day. I must mention the margaritas - we ordered the lime ($4.95 each). The waiter never asked if "on the rocks or blended, salt or no salt." The margaritas arrived in about 30 seconds, were frozen slushie type drinks with no salt. I believe there was not one drop of alcohol in them. They were tasty - for pre-made lime slushies. Get wine or beer if you want some alcohol.

• Visited February 2013