“A Hidden Gem for Mexican Food in Long Beach”

Enrique's Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #53 of 1,133 Restaurants in Long Beach
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed February 21, 2013

Enrique's Mexican Restaurant doesn't look like much when you find it in the strip shopping center next to one of Long Beach's beautiful marinas, but if you see the waiting line outside you will know that you have come to the right spot!
Enrique's has excellent Mexican food. I loved the braised pork entree. Our waiter claimed that it was a signature dish ... and WOW ... with that kind of food this restaurant will need to expand as soon as others learn about it. The food is magnificent! The service is very good. Only suggestion for improvement: add a table-side prepared fresh guacamole appetizer. I am eager for my next trip to the L.A. area so that I can visit Enrique's again! and again! and again!

Reviewed February 14, 2013

This place is tucked away in a strip mall on PCH and Loynes in South Long Beach. It's usually got a wait of 20-40 minutes any day after 6pm. The pork entre that it's famous for really is delicious. The pork just falls off the bone and is tender but not overly fatty. The chips and salsa are addictive. The menu is extensive so you'll find something that you like.

It tends to draw a lot of Baby Boomer types.

Reviewed February 12, 2013

My husband and I went here based on other Tripadvisor reviews. Heeded the warning that it can get crowded on weekend nights so we arrived at 8:30 on a Friday evening. Still a wait, but only 15 minutes by then. Plenty of food selections, although not a whole lot of veggie options. I got the fish tacos which were delicious. My husband chose the blackened salmon which he said was fantastic. A ton of food with the rice and beans on the plate. We saved half of everything for the next day. I must mention the margaritas - we ordered the lime ($4.95 each). The waiter never asked if "on the rocks or blended, salt or no salt." The margaritas arrived in about 30 seconds, were frozen slushie type drinks with no salt. I believe there was not one drop of alcohol in them. They were tasty - for pre-made lime slushies. Get wine or beer if you want some alcohol.

Reviewed February 1, 2013

I love their salsa!!! I could have that as my meal! Just add shrimp!! Dinner was excellent as usual! One member from our group had the pork shank and loved it! The fish tacos and chili rellenos are delicious; goes well with the Mango Marguerita! Yum! My fix for Enrique's has been satisfied!

Reviewed January 11, 2013

I was really impressed with the food here. We had lunch during the week. I had the beef Quesadilla...it was huge and the best that I've had. Definitely too much to eat in one sitting. I'm not a big Mexican food fan but I would love to bundle this place up and bring it to Atlanta.