“Average”

Ranked #274 of 1,110 Restaurants in Long Beach
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Families with children
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: Culinary Awarded 2012 Best Indian Restaurant in Long Beach. Now we're available for online order for Pickup\Delivery - Powered By Clorder
Long Beach, California
“Average”
Reviewed December 3, 2012

We were brought in here on a Groupon special after seeing Looper at the UA Regal. I had been here a couple of times before and I never really felt blown away by the food here. It was a Monday night and it was relatively quiet.

Although they have Indian beer selections, the wines are all local. Maybe they don't make wine in India. Who knows.

I initially was going to order the Chicken Seekh Kabab but was talked into the Chicken Tikka (nice upsell!). My wife ordered the Mushroom Bhaji. Our server also offered garlic bread which we accepted (another nice upsell! See a pattern here. Yes we are suckers sometimes)

While we were waiting on our order we snacked on some Indian chips, which were stale, and chutney. The garlic bread was pretty good.

As for the food, the Mushroom Bhaji was pretty bland. The Tikka was pretty good. I ordered it "Hot" and it had a good kick, but not out of control hot. The dinners came with rice at no extra charge.

Service was good and attentive. Although in my opinion Natraj is better, if you want to avoid the crowds, this is a descent alternative.

Visited October 2012

Huntington Beach, California
“Great buffet and good staff.”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

This has an excellent Indian buffet and the staff pays attention to you. Also, it has a nice smaller view of the marina.

Visited November 2012
Indianapolis, Indiana, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Hats off to Mr. Anil”
Reviewed August 23, 2012

It's must eat place if you like Indian food and whenever you go please ask for manager Anil and you are all set for all your needs..!! I have no words how good he was and served very nice food !!

Visited August 2012
Portland, Oregon
“Nice view, average food”
Reviewed January 30, 2012

Indian food is my favorite cuisine, but I found this to be average if not disappointing. The chicken tikka masala, while good enough, was very bland and I found myself disappointed with the experience. The palak paneer only had like 5 cubes of the delicious cheese in it. The service was excellent but if you want amazing Indian food, I'd go somewhere else.

• Visited January 2012
California
“very good service, good food”
Reviewed January 2, 2012

this is a nice restaurant, the staff is always so nice and friendly
very good service and very good food