“Ok - if you like crab - maybe.....”
Review of Joe's Crab Shack

Joe's Crab Shack
Ranked #132 of 1,110 Restaurants in Long Beach
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Bar
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
New South Wales, Australia
“Ok - if you like crab - maybe.....”
Reviewed November 27, 2012

I'm not a big crab fan and this place didn't change my mind. Generous servings and it was nice and quiet when we had lunch there, but as usual , you had to search for the crab meat.
I wouldn't rush back and would consider other options.

• Visited October 2012

Long Beach
“Birthday celebration success”
Reviewed November 8, 2012

Invited some friends to join family in celebrating my wife's 50th birthday. We were a group of only 13, and Jodi did a great job keeping the wine/water/drinks flowing. They have I'm sorry to say changed their menu as of this week.....not to our liking I'm afraid. We have always enjoyed their "Aruba Salad" with coconut shrimp, bleu cheese, candied pecans in a wonderful dressing. It is now gone.....only to be replaced with a "crab cake chipotle ceasar" salad....my wife tried it and was not impressed, as was some others who said the same in our group. I tried the lobster pot pie which I thought was good, if not a bit heavy....but hey, it's lobster pot pie. Everyone seemed to be overall happy with the food, and Jodi did an exceptional job with service. They do a great job with a fun atmosphere there and we enjoyed the evening. I will say for a Wednesday night it was very slow in the restaurant, will have to see if the new menu helps or hurts them.....as for us.....we won't be coming as often since our salad is no longer there.

• Visited November 2012
Manhattan Beach, California
“Average food for a high price. Dirty place.”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Dude. Don't waste your time going here. Average food for a high price. Dirty place. Noisy crowd. No way I will ever go back again.

Visited August 2012
Long Beach, California
“Good food”
Reviewed August 14, 2012

Very quarky atmosphere, and good food with a wide variety of offerings. If you've developed a weird shell-fish allergy like me, you can still get a really good grilled chicken dish and be totally satisfied. If you go during your birthday, be prepared to do something crazy and be asked to run around the place in a rainbow afro-wig for fun! YOLO!

Visited March 2012
Long Beach, California
“Chucky Cheese for Adults, skip it!`”
Reviewed July 17, 2012

This place is noisy and not at all relaxing. If you like too much energy and not the best of food. Try Joe's Crab Shack! I'd recommend a lot of other places for crab. The only thing it's got going for it is that it's on the water in Alamitos Bay Marina.

Visited May 2012