“Great steakhouse, loved by locals and visitors alike”

555 East American Steakhouse
Reserve a table
Sat, 9/25
8:00 PM
Ranked #9 of 1,223 Restaurants in Long Beach
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Linden Ave.
Transit: Long Beach Passport
Reviewed September 1, 2016

There are steakhouses and then there are proper steakhouses. This certainly falls into the list of places you should try if you can. They have a variety of cuts available, a nice mix of seafood and non-steak options as well. It was a great location for a business dinner and everyone thoroughly enjoyed their meals. The wine list is extensive and their cocktails were very good. The service was top notch, everything you would expect at a fine dining restaurant.

I would not hesitate to go back, each course was fantastic, we enjoyed every bite.

Date of visit: September 2016
Write a reviewReviews (475)

Reviewed August 30, 2016 via mobile

So, while I wait for my friend, I'm at the bar and I order one of my usuals, the "house" Cabernet.

I do enjoy the ambience of the bar and the piano player in the background. Overall, it has a really good vibe to it in my opinion. After two glasses, I get the over priced bill - it's $26... for two "house" Cabernet glasses? Oh well.

The roasted garlic and goat cheese starter was wonderful. A head of garlic, cut in half, roasted to a creamy softness with goat cheese on the side and marinated tomatoes. It was like combining your own little bruschetta.

The beet salad was OK, a decent amount of beets with some greens, and a slice of cheese, but nothing to scream about.

The macaroni and cheese, it looks great but it's just average. So far the best mac & cheese I ever had is at "the Attic". Although I know the mac & cheese is not the star of the show here...but still.

The marinated mushrooms in balsamic was OK, nothing over-the-top in my opinion.

I had the $46 ribeye - medium rare, and it was Very delicious! Although my friend ordered the same thing and his steak was a little fatter size than mine, but I'm not complaining. The meat here is the star of the show as you can see by all the other Yelpers.

I was surprised to see an aged ribeye for $96 on the menu when this restaurant isn't in a posh area like Newport Beach or Beverly Hills that would seem to justify that price, in my opinion, but who am I.

Overall this is probably the best steakhouse inside Long Beach, so if you don't want to drive outside of Long Beach then this is a good steakhouse so check it out sometime.

Date of visit: June 2016
Reviewed August 29, 2016

This restaurant never disappoints. The steaks are absolutely delicious. The overall ambience is outstanding. We go 2-3 times a year. Restaurant is pricey but well worth it. Full bar and wonderful wine list.

Date of visit: July 2016
Reviewed August 26, 2016 via mobile

Enjoyed a great steak dinner at 555! Beautiful restaurant! Very welcoming atmosphere! Great staff! Friendly and passionate about the meals they serve and your every need. Nice wine list!

Try the corn (I asked for no hot spice) but it was delicious! Save room for the Apple dessert if you can. The bread was warm and delicious - The food was served to perfection.

The town is beautiful - great place to go!
The houses along the beach are nice to enjoy while you drive to the restaurant.

Enjoy a great meal and great service!

Date of visit: August 2016
Reviewed August 24, 2016

555 East is a truly fine steakhouse. The cuts offered are from both dry aged and wet aged stocks. Anything served that warrants an adverse comment is immediately and satisfactorily replace without question.

There are a few well executed fish dishes available also.

The wine list is adequate and the atmosphere is appropriate whether the meal is for romance, friends, or business. Valet parking is prompt and courteous.

All in all, an excellent choice for dining.

Date of visit: August 2016