“This restaurant is a Chicago Steak house located in So. Cal.”

555 East American Steakhouse
Reserve a table
Sat, 9/25
8:00 PM
Ranked #9 of 1,223 Restaurants in Long Beach
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Linden Ave.
Transit: Long Beach Passport
Reviewed August 1, 2016

What a wonderful experience. The staff was wonderful, despite being very wary of a family of 9 arriving with the youngest being 9 months old. The food was fantastic. We started with the Goat cheese bruschetta and were very delighted with the flavors that melted in our mouths. We made sure to order as many different steak options so we could all taste and share. And finally the atmosphere was just like what you get in Chicago... live music, copper plated ceilings, and just an all around great event.

Date of visit: July 2016
Write a reviewReviews (475)

Reviewed July 31, 2016 via mobile

This place is fantastic. The service was stellar, the ambiance was warm and inviting and the food was terrific. My wife ordered the ribeye which was to die for....in hindsight I should have ordered the same. I ordered the bone in filet mignon. The only reason I gave this 4 stars instead of 5 was that that the quality and tenderness of the filet wasn't as good as I expected it to be at a restaurant of this caliber. Everything else was absolutely terrific.

Reviewed July 29, 2016

Great steak and wine selection. A very comfortable place to eat at the bar, friendly staff and always consistent quality of food and service. I always recommend the "5" to anyone going to Long Beach. Have been her for business meetings and with friends and I am never disappointed.

Reviewed July 28, 2016

Within walking distance of our hotel, this was a great place for our group to have dinner. Known for steaks the NY Strip was great. In addition the soufflé was simply incredible. The service was good and the location a little dated. However, the food was great and made this great dinner in Long Beach.

Reviewed July 26, 2016 via mobile

Food was good. I ordered the 6 ounce filet and it was tiny. I don't believe it was 6 ounces. Next to the baked potato, which was huge, it looked even smaller. Nice atmosphere but don't think we will be back.