“Tasty, pleasant, good service”

Alegria Cafe & Tapas Bar
Ranked #693 of 1,119 Restaurants in Long Beach
Cuisines: Latin, Spanish
Good for: Families with children, Romantic, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: First and Broadway
Washington, DC
“Tasty, pleasant, good service”
Reviewed May 25, 2013

Used opentable for a 1000 point reservation- tasty food and nice variety on the menu. I started with the Hole Mole, and it was as described -- spicy and sweet. The cerdo al limon was a bit of a surprise, but tasty -- more of a hunk of pork rather than medallions, but an excellent sauce.
Portions are large, prices reasonable.

• Visited May 2013

Sydney, Australia
“Surprisingly tasty”
Reviewed May 11, 2013 via mobile

Went here after walking past by accident. Quite busy on a Friday night. I didn't realise that they do live South American dancing so was a little taken aback when it started (and was very loud!)

Staff member Sunny was very chatty and charming. I ordered the riopa viejo (sp?) which was pulled beef in a delicious sauce with crispy taco shell layers and rocket. Absolutely delicious. Then i ordered the nachos as i wasn't hungry enough for an entree - ver good nachos, but didn't satisfy me. I think i chose poorly as there were some amazing looking items on the menu.

An enjoyable meal; the loud music was a bit offputting though!

Visited May 2013
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Be careful with substituting”
Reviewed April 28, 2013

We had a large group of work colleagues and decided this would be a good place where everyone could find something. As a vegetarian, I asked the waitress for recommendations and chose to order the enchiladas, with vegetables substituted for the meat. The dish was a large portion and nicely flavored; however, I noticed on my bill that she charged quite a bit extra for the substution of the vegetables for the meat, which I don't think has ever happened to me at a restaurant before. Nevertheless, I would still recommend the restaurant.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank HeatherSidney
Los Angeles, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“I never rate any restaurants this may be my first simply to warn others”
Reviewed February 6, 2013

fun place to be in. waitress was nice. everything change when we disputed extra charge that for goods not provided. when we raised this concern manager instead of working on a solution decided to call police and stated we refuse to pay bill, This was a false report which will be brought in court,
This is a simple mistake which happens often in restaurants, I understand however to call the police a make a false report!!!!.
Now this is personal.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank bill t
“Not Tapas”
Reviewed December 28, 2012 via mobile

From the trip advisor name, we thought this was a Tapas place. It used to be but now just has a long appetizer list and main dishes. The flavors were really good but everything we had seafood-wise was over cooked. Calamari, shrimp and salmon, all just a bit dry and chewy. The sangria was excellent and drinks were an amazing $3 during happy hour. Scott was fun and attentive, but we were there at 5 and the place was dead. Started to pick up around 7. Has so much potential but left us wanting a bit more.

1 Thank Chois3Girls